Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Morgan Lefay  (Read 1236 times)

Morgan Lefay

(18/12/2011 at 02:36)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile

THE BASICS

Name: Morgan Lefay. No nicknames.

Former Character's Name: None.

No ounce of shame wore Morgan because of his frolicking around for days. He loved running, exploring, finding, keeping. His mother would endlessly berate him for his lifestyle, as he referred to it. Morgan lived in a mansion that was very old and dusty.
There was one house elf in the mansion and he was as old as it was. He was also senile and he cooked good.
Morgan's favourite place was the attic. Oh the things he found there!
His favourite plaything was one cat called Jouet. She was an old and lazy cat who would let no one else other than Morgan touch her. She followed him around lazily. Morgan never liked normal things. He never liked normal toys, normal boys.
He was terrified of flying, brooms and he disliked Quidditch. He disliked labor and sweat. He liked scary books and learning. He had some big plans and ambitions.
Morgan sometimes traveled with his grandmother. She loved buying things and he loved buying clothes and books. Every once in a while Morgan and his grandmother took his mother with them out. His mother used to be cheerful and funny until his father died under mysterious circumstances. He never understood those words.
But his mother changed.
She would no longer play with him or let him run in the wild as he wished.

Morgan was fascinated by any form of art. He painted with his bare hands since young age when his father first bought him paint and canvas. He painted his face as well.
He would sneak in his grandmother's grand bedroom and steal her white face powder and other interesting pieces. He then went to his own bedroom and stood in front of the mirror, applying anything and everything on his face.
His mother never seemed to notice and his grandmother always complimented his skills. She called him a beautiful thing. With her serious tone. She couldn't smile.

Morgan never saw much of his grandfather. He was a busy wizard, traveling and meeting important people. He was not home for special holidays too. They never did celebrate Yule or any other celebration that was known.
Morgan's grandmother influenced his choices and his tastes. She taught him German and French language. She taught him how to play the violin and the piano. She taught him how to sing and some very important etiquette.
Morgan liked singing and painting with his mother. He liked dreaming too.

When his grandmother hosted a party for this or that Morgan always talked with everyone and shared interesting information. He liked knowing things. He liked being secure. Morgan met many adult wizards and witches on those grand parties. He met children too but they didn't wish to talk to him about the things he liked. They only cared about the toys he didn't have. So he didn't like the children.
Morgan sometimes called his only friend Timothy over for boys tea-party.  They talked and listened to music. Morgan loved symphonic metal music and Timothy loved classical music so they listened both. Timothy was a bit older than Morgan - he was 15 when Morgan was 9. But they got along just fine.

Morgan liked being out and he liked cold weather. When the sun shone too bright for his liking or the weather was as hot as it can be for Scotland he closed himself in the attic and spent time talking with the forgotten portraits in there or the house ghost Adelpha who appeared once in a while. No one came to call him down for meals or anything so he often asked Wilhelm, the house elf, to bring him food.
He only ate some vegetables and fruit, never meat. He only drank tea and milk.

Morgan loved winter and loved dark places. He thrilled in exploring each dark corner of his mansion. He rather liked staying up late and when he did that he felt very mature and capable of things. When he was up late he would only sit or lay in his bed and cuddle with Jouet or hum or daydream.

He often daydreamed about the time he would be old enough to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He heard that Hogwarts was very interesting. And he would learn magic. All of his family could do magic and he was very amused by it.
He asked his grandmother to teach him how to summon the salt one day and she informed him that he would learn that at Hogwarts. Since then Morgan counted the days to his eleventh birthday and then the departure to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

He was rather independent and he was not scared because he was going to be away from home. He read a lot about Hogwarts and he liked Slytherin best. The house had the most unique group of students and he endlessly thought about how he would manage to blossom in there and develop his tastes, plans, opinions.
Morgan also liked green. He had many green shirts and coats.

He loved coats, hats and shoes. He had many of them and he wore unique combinations everyday. His grandmother never stopped him from having too much clothes. She often reminded him that they were quite wealthy and they could spend those money on whatever they wished.
Morgan didn't like his grandmother's style because it was too shiny and extravagant. He liked elegant and simple things. He liked simplicity.

Morgan's eyes were what he loved the most. The colour varied between grey and blue and light and darker shades. One day he tried out many colours for his hair. He loved his hair too. It was long, stylish and unusual. One side was longer and the other shorter and it covered his face. Many people asked him why he chose that hairstyle in particular but he could never explain. He thought he looked best with dark hair although he was born with caramel coloured hair.
Thanks to his grandmother and her special hair spells he could have his hair dark without damaging it.

Morgan loved it when he went to London. He wished he could live in there because it was a city where you could find plenty of things to amuse yourself with and the weather was pleasant for him.
But he never moved from the mansion in Scotland. He never had something particularly important happen to him. He barely remembered his father's death and it was the most remarkable thing in his lifetime. His father died when he was four years old.

Morgan wrote things on the old typing machine he found in the attic. He typed his thoughts and wishes. Then he read them to Jouet or his grandmother.
He wanted to be a potions master and a trapeze artist in circus. He was very short and thin, looking so fragile that old aunties never dared touch him.
They always commented on his pale skin tone and unusual appearance.
He always had a witty comment for their own appearances ready.

If there was anything Morgan feared then it was his own safety and his personal belongings. He was a selfish person but he wasn't concerning himself with it. It was just a part of him and he liked himself and believed in himself.

He trusted his mind.

Year: 2,3

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength: Transfiguration

Magical Weakness: Divination

Option I:

Sample Roleplay Response:

Morgan paced hurriedly in a quiet hallway of Hogwarts, trying to find his way to the Great Hall. He was not new at Hogwarts but he lost himself on purpose many times and there were still so many places left unexplored. At Hogwarts there were rules and he had to follow them. One of the rules was not to walk around at night. He feared the punishment in case he broke the rule so he left the exploring for his free time.
Suddenly he was aware of someone's presence, someone's angry presence and he honestly thought that he shouldn't be there but he was most certainly not going to concern himself with it further. He continued his pace until he heard the person yelling at him for no reason other than his presence there.
Narrowing his eyes he approached the angry figure of a boy not much older than him. He did not recognize him but he saw the uniform and immediately came to the conclusion that there was no way he could know him because he was not into Quidditch. The boy was dirty and looked pretty worn out. Although Morgan was curious enough to ask what happened to him he thought that it wouldn't be appropriate, seeing the state the boy was in.
He stared at the boy, thinking something along the lines what would be the best to say back.
Finally, after a minute of silence he had his sentences formed.
"I have seen many losers in my life, of this and that type. However you do not look like one and I honestly do not know what this yelling is about," he said to the boy.
He immediately added: "And even if I had a camera on me I would not take a picture of you because you do not look presentable at the moment."
Morgan blinked twice, shook his head and continued his way past the boy, leaving him to think about what he did.

Optional: I found the school by browsing the internet.

Timothy Vartan

(18/12/2011 at 23:19)
  • swiss ministry
  • Gryffindor '70
    • View Profile
Hello Morgan,

Thanks for your interest in our site. There are some changes you need to make before I can accept you:
1. Eye colour. You need to pick a specific and natural eye colour for Morgan (blue, green, grey, brown, etc). Changing eye colour can be considered as a Metamorphmagus trait and would require a special request.
2. Your RP response is fine, however, I would like to suggest Morgan to not walk away after he spoke because that would end the thread. I'm sure that you'll understand this better once you start writing with our members.

Please make the changes and I'll be happy to look at your application again.

Regards,

Timothy
We are beautiful
We are doomed
♢♢♢

Morgan Lefay

(19/12/2011 at 13:38)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
Hello.

I understand and thank you for taking the time to check up on my application so soon. I am actually not inexperienced with roleplay but due to the lateness of the hour I was writing the application at I must have missed to think of that important bit. I corrected the ending of my post. The part about the eyes is in the same place, just changed.

Oh and before I forget, I missed to add in my application: Tibbles beard of power.

THE BASICS

Name: Morgan Lefay. No nicknames.

Former Character's Name: None.

No ounce of shame wore Morgan because of his frolicking around for days. He loved running, exploring, finding, keeping. His mother would endlessly berate him for his lifestyle, as he referred to it. Morgan lived in a mansion that was very old and dusty.
There was one house elf in the mansion and he was as old as it was. He was also senile and he cooked good.
Morgan's favourite place was the attic. Oh the things he found there!
His favourite plaything was one cat called Jouet. She was an old and lazy cat who would let no one else other than Morgan touch her. She followed him around lazily. Morgan never liked normal things. He never liked normal toys, normal boys.
He was terrified of flying, brooms and he disliked Quidditch. He disliked labor and sweat. He liked scary books and learning. He had some big plans and ambitions.
Morgan sometimes traveled with his grandmother. She loved buying things and he loved buying clothes and books. Every once in a while Morgan and his grandmother took his mother with them out. His mother used to be cheerful and funny until his father died under mysterious circumstances. He never understood those words.
But his mother changed.
She would no longer play with him or let him run in the wild as he wished.

Morgan was fascinated by any form of art. He painted with his bare hands since young age when his father first bought him paint and canvas. He painted his face as well.
He would sneak in his grandmother's grand bedroom and steal her white face powder and other interesting pieces. He then went to his own bedroom and stood in front of the mirror, applying anything and everything on his face.
His mother never seemed to notice and his grandmother always complimented his skills. She called him a beautiful thing. With her serious tone. She couldn't smile.

Morgan never saw much of his grandfather. He was a busy wizard, traveling and meeting important people. He was not home for special holidays too. They never did celebrate Yule or any other celebration that was known.
Morgan's grandmother influenced his choices and his tastes. She taught him German and French language. She taught him how to play the violin and the piano. She taught him how to sing and some very important etiquette.
Morgan liked singing and painting with his mother. He liked dreaming too.

When his grandmother hosted a party for this or that Morgan always talked with everyone and shared interesting information. He liked knowing things. He liked being secure. Morgan met many adult wizards and witches on those grand parties. He met children too but they didn't wish to talk to him about the things he liked. They only cared about the toys he didn't have. So he didn't like the children.
Morgan sometimes called his only friend Timothy over for boys tea-party.  They talked and listened to music. Morgan loved symphonic metal music and Timothy loved classical music so they listened both. Timothy was a bit older than Morgan - he was 15 when Morgan was 9. But they got along just fine.

Morgan liked being out and he liked cold weather. When the sun shone too bright for his liking or the weather was as hot as it can be for Scotland he closed himself in the attic and spent time talking with the forgotten portraits in there or the house ghost Adelpha who appeared once in a while. No one came to call him down for meals or anything so he often asked Wilhelm, the house elf, to bring him food.
He only ate some vegetables and fruit, never meat. He only drank tea and milk.

Morgan loved winter and loved dark places. He thrilled in exploring each dark corner of his mansion. He rather liked staying up late and when he did that he felt very mature and capable of things. When he was up late he would only sit or lay in his bed and cuddle with Jouet or hum or daydream.

He often daydreamed about the time he would be old enough to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He heard that Hogwarts was very interesting. And he would learn magic. All of his family could do magic and he was very amused by it.
He asked his grandmother to teach him how to summon the salt one day and she informed him that he would learn that at Hogwarts. Since then Morgan counted the days to his eleventh birthday and then the departure to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

He was rather independent and he was not scared because he was going to be away from home. He read a lot about Hogwarts and he liked Slytherin best. The house had the most unique group of students and he endlessly thought about how he would manage to blossom in there and develop his tastes, plans, opinions.
Morgan also liked green. He had many green shirts and coats.

He loved coats, hats and shoes. He had many of them and he wore unique combinations everyday. His grandmother never stopped him from having too much clothes. She often reminded him that they were quite wealthy and they could spend those money on whatever they wished.
Morgan didn't like his grandmother's style because it was too shiny and extravagant. He liked elegant and simple things. He liked simplicity.

Morgan's eyes were what he loved the most. They were light blue and he had inherited them from his father. One day he tried out many colours for his hair. He loved his hair too. It was long, stylish and unusual. One side was longer and the other shorter and it covered his face. Many people asked him why he chose that hairstyle in particular but he could never explain. He thought he looked best with dark hair although he was born with caramel coloured hair.
Thanks to his grandmother and her special hair spells he could have his hair dark without damaging it.

Morgan loved it when he went to London. He wished he could live in there because it was a city where you could find plenty of things to amuse yourself with and the weather was pleasant for him.
But he never moved from the mansion in Scotland. He never had something particularly important happen to him. He barely remembered his father's death and it was the most remarkable thing in his lifetime. His father died when he was four years old.

Morgan wrote things on the old typing machine he found in the attic. He typed his thoughts and wishes. Then he read them to Jouet or his grandmother.
He wanted to be a potions master and a trapeze artist in circus. He was very short and thin, looking so fragile that old aunties never dared touch him.
They always commented on his pale skin tone and unusual appearance.
He always had a witty comment for their own appearances ready.

If there was anything Morgan feared then it was his own safety and his personal belongings. He was a selfish person but he wasn't concerning himself with it. It was just a part of him and he liked himself and believed in himself.

He trusted his mind.

Year: 2,3

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength: Transfiguration

Magical Weakness: Divination

Option I:

Sample Roleplay Response:

Morgan paced hurriedly in a quiet hallway of Hogwarts, trying to find his way to the Great Hall. He was not new at Hogwarts but he lost himself on purpose many times and there were still so many places left unexplored. At Hogwarts there were rules and he had to follow them. One of the rules was not to walk around at night. He feared the punishment in case he broke the rule so he left the exploring for his free time.
Suddenly he was aware of someone's presence, someone's angry presence and he honestly thought that he shouldn't be there but he was most certainly not going to concern himself with it further. He continued his pace until he heard the person yelling at him for no reason other than his presence there.
Narrowing his eyes he approached the angry figure of a boy not much older than him. He did not recognize him but he saw the uniform and immediately came to the conclusion that there was no way he could know him because he was not into Quidditch. The boy was dirty and looked pretty worn out. Although Morgan was curious enough to ask what happened to him he thought that it wouldn't be appropriate, seeing the state the boy was in.
He stared at the boy, thinking something along the lines what would be the best to say back.
Finally, after a minute of silence he had his sentences formed.
"I have seen many losers in my life, of this and that type. However you do not look like one and I honestly do not know what this yelling is about," he said to the boy.
He immediately added: "And even if I had a camera on me I would not take a picture of you because you do not look presentable at the moment."
Morgan blinked twice, shook his head and waited for the boy to reply to his words.

Optional: I found the school by browsing the internet.

Esme Vartan

(19/12/2011 at 14:15)
  • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
    • View Profile

Mr. Lefay,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted.

Term begins 01 January. Currently, students have gathered at the Summer Campus. Your admission is joint for both the school and the summer campus, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Regards,

Head of Ravenclaw
I'm the opposite of moderate
immaculately polished.

♦♦♦

Tags: