We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Application - Elsewhere Adults  (Read 19429 times)

J. Walsingham

(22/07/2012 at 17:06)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Please scroll down and copy the code for your application.

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Type your response here.
Age: Type your response here. Characters must be at least 17 to apply as an Elsewhere Adult.
Blood Status: Type your response here.

Education: 
Type your response here.

Residence:
Type your response here - where does your character live?

Type your response here

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Type your response here.

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Exceptional Levels special request form here.

• Charms: Type your request here.
  • Divination: Type your request here.
  • Transfiguration: Type your request here.
  • Summoning: Type your request here.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Type your response here.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Type your response here.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Type your response here.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
Type your response here.
Please read the below note before writing your response:

When responding to the RP sample, please do not powerplay the other character in any way. This includes assuming a prior relationship between your character and the RP sample character or assuming any information about them that isn't explicitly detailed in the sample above. If in doubt about whether something constitutes powerplay, err on the side of caution and write something else!

Please also treat this sample as you would treat a real thread and leave your response open-ended to ensure the other character has a chance to respond. This means that your character should not walk away from or otherwise end the interaction in your response.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google | TopSites | Recommendation | Facebook | Tumblr | Other

Code: [Select]
[center]
[img width=200]http://hogwarts-school.net/images/hogwartslogo.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=24pt][font=ostrichsans]E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T [/font][/size][/center]

[font=governor][size=20px]CHARACTER INFORMATION[/size][/font]
[b]Character Name:[/b] [i]Type your response here.[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]Type your response here.[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i]Type your response here. Characters must be at least 17 to apply as an Elsewhere Adult.[/i]
[b]Blood Status:[/b] [i]Type your response here.[/i]

[b]Education:[/b] 
[i]Type your response here.[/i]

[b]Residence:[/b]
[i]Type your response here - where does your character live?[/i]

[b]Occupation
[i]Type your response here[/i]

[b]Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?[/b]

[b]Requested Magic Levels:
[i]Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels [b]above[/b] the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Exceptional Levels special request form [url=http://hogwarts-school.net/sortinghat/index.php?topic=9644.0#post_levels]here[/url]. [/i]
[list]
   [li]Charms: [i]Type your request here.[/i][/li]
   [li]Divination: [i]Type your request here.[/i][/li]
   [li]Transfiguration: [i]Type your request here.[/i][/li]
   [li]Summoning: [i]Type your request here.[/i][/li]
[/list]
[b]Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? [/b]

[b]Please list any other characters you already have at the site:[/b]

[b]Biography: (300 words minimum.)[/b]

[b]Roleplay:  [/b]
[i]You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:[/i]

[b]Option One - [/b]
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

[b]Option Two -[/b]
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

[b]Roleplay Response:[/b]
[i]Type your response here.
Please read the below note before writing your response:

When responding to the RP sample, please do not powerplay the other character in any way. This includes assuming a prior relationship between your character and the RP sample character or assuming any information about them that isn't explicitly detailed in the sample above. If in doubt about whether something constitutes powerplay, err on the side of caution and write something else!

Please also treat this sample as you would treat a real thread and leave your response open-ended to ensure the other character has a chance to respond. This means that your character should not walk away from or otherwise end the interaction in your response.[/i]

[font=governor][size=20px]OTHER[/size][/font]
How did you find us? [i]Google | TopSites | Recommendation | Facebook | Tumblr | Other[/i]

« Last Edit: 30/07/2022 at 20:47 by Calypso Ross »

Tags: