Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Andrea Focoso - Application  (Read 925 times)

Payton Rose

(01/04/2013 at 00:48)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
Application for Beauxbatons Academy

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Andrea Focoso
Birthday: September 30,  1927
Hometown: Eze, French Riviera – Cote d’Azur
Bloodline:
Unknown
Magical Strength (pick one):
Transfiguration
Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination
Year (pick two): 6e Annee, 5e Annee
Biography:
My name is Andrea Focoso, an inherited family name with roots in Italian as ‘focoso’ is the Italian word for ‘fiery’. I currently live with my father, Lebredus Focoso, my mother having been killed a long time ago in an auror raid. For a long time, we lived in London, where my mother worked as an auror, before returning to the town of my birth, Eze. I was a bit of a late bloomer; my family thought I was a squib for a long time. When my powers did come, they came with a vengeance that surprised even me. My father currently is a little known, but skilled wandmaker; we live in a loft above his shop just on the edge of the French Riviera, barely within the outskirts of Eze. I have discovered a propensity for Transfiguration, Defense and Charms though I have little skill with Divination and Herbology.
I’ve never really known much of my family but they came flocking once my powers came in and seemed to be much more eager to claim my relation once they learned of my particular power in the aforementioned branches of magic. I lived a life that spoke of betrayal by those closest to me and being used by those I held close in my heart. This is why I have such a cold demeanor and a nearly impossible to crack shield around my true personality.
→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.
Ecole Request:
Humanities
Communaté Preference:
Renault
Personality:
I am an intelligent, reserved and very personal witch with a bit of a silver-tongue and a tendency to speak in riddles; though I usually am unaware of this until it is pointed out. I have no patience for people who consider themselves above other or who take for granted the abundance of knowledge made available to us. Some people would describe me as cold, shy and too smart for my own good but I like to say I am blunt, truthful and speak only when my words are worth saying. I’ve been told I’m a bit too fierce with my cold temper and nearly unbreakable façade.
Deep inside though, I am a warm and caring with an empathy for my fellow humans that scar me if I let it run rampant. I have a quick temper, though I can control it pretty well, but when I am insulted or an insult is directed to my family or friends, I tend to lose it. I love animals and creatures, almost to a fault and I like to believe there is good in everyone, despite any rumors floating around.
Appearance:
I have light brown hair with red highlights, deviating from the norm in my family with the typical black or dark brown hair. My eyes are a bright golden, almost caramel color, with flecks of obsidian reminiscent of my potion making cousin. I have rather tan skin that only gets more tan in the sun rather than burning and a light, almost invisible dusting of freckles across my cheeks and over my arms. I am tall, almost six feet and a bit rounded, but flexible and willowy. My lips are thin, but seem fuller when I smile, which is rare. They are a deep red, almost unnatural; I’ve been accused of using rogue but I don’t wear make-up. My face is small, my eyes close-set and large in my face with a pixie-like nose and a sharp, pointed chin. I wear rectangular glasses that give me a stern look whenever I glare and my hair falls slightly in my face, red strands over my eyes.
→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across this post on the site. Please as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions!
Head held high and back almost uncomfortably straight, Andrea flowed into the chatter-filled dining hall, pausing just inside the entrance to admire the overwhelming assimilation of students that had accumulated within magically enhanced room. After an impatient nudge from behind, in response to which she turned an impressive glare on the culprit, the brunette opted to step further into the room, frowning slightly as I looked around. Everyone, it seemed, had grouped off according to their interests or their knowledge of each other, a fact that disappointed the girl slightly; she’d hoped the Academy’s students would be all-encompassing when it came to their peers.
With a slight shrug, she stepped further into the hall, no longer blocking the train of students behind her who had been grumbling slightly but had been too afraid to address her at that first irate glare. Andrea had moved here recently; her father having picked up their lives after her mother’s death to return them to France and purchase his old wand-working shop.
A sigh escaped the usually silent girl as she strode into the hall, ignoring curious glances from the long-time students and choosing a seat directly in the center of the room where she could examine the large, colorful crowd from all angles.
Setting her bag, filled to the brim with nearly every book it could carry and more, beside her on the seat, Andrea selected one of the topmost tomes, a book of Gaelic Faerie Tales.
Andrea’s moment of peace was interrupted by the sound of an unknown female catching her foot on the bag of a student who was seated across the aisle from her. Looking up, she watched impassively as an unknown blonde was coated from head to toe in whatever soup the falling girl had been holding. A slight smirk graced the normally disinterested girl’s thin features as she watched the ensuing chaos; the dirty girl jumping from her seat and cursing colorfully in a language she recognized as Tagalog but could not interpret due to her lack of knowledge in the interpretation of said language.
After a moment though, the rowdy crowd settled, the first girl, the one who tripped having blushed and sat down in the far corner and the other girl having stormed from the hall, followed by her sympathetic group of sycophants. Andrea lost interest and returned to her novel, losing herself in the world of the Fae.

→ ABOUT YOU.
Previous Characters (if applicable):
None
How did you find us?:
Google
« Last Edit: 02/04/2013 at 05:06 by Andrea Focoso »

Darcy Audley

(01/04/2013 at 10:54)
Please bare in mind that we're in 1938, now, so Andrea's birthdate doesn't make any sense in this universe.

Miss Focoso,
We are pleased to inform you that your application to Beauxbatons Academy has been accepted. We look forward to your joining us in September with the correct uniform and equipment. In the meantime, your tuition also covers a stay at Camp Loki - a brilliant place to meet your fellow students and others.

Regards,
Directrice
« Last Edit: 01/04/2013 at 14:30 by Darcy Audley »

Payton Rose

(02/04/2013 at 04:09)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
Alright!

Can I simply change the date to 1927? That would make her young enough for a first year correct?

Octavia LaFleur

(02/04/2013 at 18:12)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D4T8S5
    • View Profile
Yes!

Tags: