Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Aiden Hazard  (Read 769 times)

Aiden Hazard

(24/08/2013 at 09:42)
  • Salem Graduate
  • C11D4T9S8
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character Name: Aiden Hazard

Education: 
Completed five years in Hogwarts, followed by his final two in Salem.

Residence:
Wizarding London.

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Hopefully in his Pygmy Puff Emporium, if he's accepted.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: 11
  • Divination: 4
  • Transfiguration: 9
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Eleanor Lambert
Stefan Walker

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Aiden Hazard was born in Manchester, to David and Alyson Hazard. They lived in an apartment there for most of Aiden's life. David crafted wands in an independent business whose specialty was making wands that lasted for generations, while Alyson did not work formally. She did, however, grow plants and brew potions to sell as a hobby.

Aiden was shipped off to Hogwarts at 11, with a healthy curiosity for all things magical. He was promptly sorted into Slytherin, where he studied hard and played harder. Hogwarts was a good time for Aiden to learn more about himself and figure out his moral framework, as well as hone his talents.

In fifth year, a bad business deal left Aiden and family homeless, which left David to send Aiden off to Salem since it would be nearer to where Alyson and David would relocate temporarily. It also left Aiden very grouchy, messing up his sixth year and having to redo it again in Salem. He finally turned around and graduated, though, with decent grades at the end of his seventh (technically eighth) year of education.

The Hazards (or at least, for the past four generations) had been in the same wand-making business for quite some time, and Aiden was unsure upon graduation if his parents would expect him to do the same. Alyson seemed not to mind, as long as Aiden did something he liked, and David seemed not to express any particular opinion with regards to whether his business would continue. And so, Aiden decided to veer away from the family business after that, figuring he wanted to pursue something he liked for once, as a career. So he threw all his divination and herbology textbooks out the window after his final year at Salem, and lulled around for a year figuring himself out before he applied for a permit to set up a pygmy puff emporium just on the outskirts of Hogsmeade.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:

(Typed in the context assuming Aiden's Pygmy Emporium gets accepted)

Aiden stood up and stretched, hearing his neck crack as he tilted his head to the left and right. First day on the job and he already felt tired. He let out a sigh and scratched the back of his head, watching the snoozing pygmy puffs in the half-darkness of the shop.

In all honesty, he hadn't been hoping for a shop even half as big as the one he had been given. Cages and cages of pygmy puffs lined the walls, the common ones put into huge cages assorted by colours, the rarer or more dangerous ones in individual cages along the higher shelves. Aiden reached for a stick and poked two blue pygmy puffs apart in their cage, suspecting one of them had been chewing the ear of the other in his slumber.

Just then, Aiden felt something tugging on his robes and whipped around, wondering if the stray cat from earlier was back to prey on his beloved pygmies.

But no, it was just a little girl with wide eyes and a sandy coloured pygmy.

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

The nearest pygmy twitched in his sleep and paused, before resuming its snore-whines, and Aiden quickly shushed the girl so that she wouldn't wake the rest of the pygmies. He looked at her - she was probably no more than eight years old - and took in the quivering lip and glassy eyes, before grinning softly and reaching for Rufus, his royal blue personal pygmy puff, on the counter behind him.

"He misses my and his mommy."

"Well, I'll have to try and fire-call your mother, then. In the meantime, we'll get, er, your pygmy some treats. And he can play with Rufus. How does that sound?" Aiden hoped he came across as kindly as he would like to portray himself to be, since he was never particularly fond of kids.

He then dragged out a chair and gestured for her to sit, before plonking Rufus on the tabletop and reaching across the table for the bag of pygmy treats. "I got Rufus when I was your age, y'know? How long have you had, er, him?"

OTHER
How did you find us?
Scott Cooper :3

« Last Edit: 24/08/2013 at 09:44 by Aiden Hazard »

Arianrhod Medraut

(24/08/2013 at 20:14)
Accepted!

Tags: