Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Raj Dhekhar | Elsewhere Child  (Read 730 times)

Raj Dhekhar

(20/01/2018 at 05:42)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D4T3S2
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Rajmohan Dhekhar

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Ram Dhekhar:NPC
Harshaali Dhekhar (nee Khurana):NPC

Residence:
London, England, U.K.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
AB&C Daycare

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Peter Copeland, and Tiana Archer

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
  It honestly doesn’t get any more extrordinary than the Dhekhars. Ram and Harshaali Dhekhar (nee Khurana) were both healers who met while attending India’s school of witchcraft and wizardry. They moved out to London to elope, as Ram was muggleborn and Harshaali came from an esteemed and very pro-blood purity pureblood family, and soon had their son, Rajmohan, named after Ram’s grandfather. Eventually they both found work at St. Mungo’s, which they incidentally happened to get a few months prior to the takeover of the Ministry of Magic by the Hexenreich forces. Because he had his pureblood wife to vouch for him, Ram was able to lie about, and get away with his blood status without having to wear the degrading muggleborn badge.
  To make Ram’s false identity more realistic, Harshaali left her job as a healer and homeschooled Raj on reading, writing, and basic math. She dreaded becoming the housewife stereotype, but seeing that she would be spending more time with her son than the wounds of others, Harshalli saw the situation as a bittersweet solution. With Raj’s studies gradually progressing, signs of his magical prowess began to emerge, with books levitating around him in random lessons, and quills writing on parchment without a hand. Witnessing this at his age, his mother thought it was a good time as any to introduce him to the very basics of magic.
  As expected, he couldn’t do much on his own, but what was clear to them was that Raj had a knack for divination, more specifically arithmancy. Around the time he was 9 years old, he memorized the entire Chaldean numerology system- this one specifically because he couldn’t spell nor pronounce Pythagorean, though it wasn’t hard for him to remember how to plot a Pythagorean chart, made a game with basic numerology where any name that he saw he would make a life path number, and a few compound numbers for it. Even more so when he saw a birthdate.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
  He had been asking his mother if he could play at Godric’s Park all day, and after what felt like hours of shopping around the hollow, Raj finally was able to go have himself some fun. He thought of getting his mother to conjure some gobstones to play with, but his attention was diverted by a few children around his age playing on broomsticks. When he heard the little girl squeak in her small voice for the others to wait for her, Raj made his way towards her o find out what was going on.

As Raj came face to face with the girl, he realized what was holding her up was her difficulty with the broom. Being a huge quidditch fan, he wanted to ride the broom the girl threw to the ground, but he knew it wasn’t an actual broom, so he didn’t bother asking. As an idea for a game he could play with her to hopefully making her feel better, he flinched as she barked at him. “Yeah, I guess…” he said a little reluctantly. “I can ask my mom to summon my wizard’s chess board and we can play that.” He went to the toy broom and picked it off the floor to hand it to the girl, “I’m Raj, and I like your broom, by the way.” He gave the girl a small grin that exposed the boys slight snaggletooth. “What’s your name?”
OTHER
How did you find us? Magic

* Anneka Ivanova

(23/01/2018 at 01:40)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Raj!

ventually they both found work at St. Mungo’s, which they incidentally happened to get a few months prior to the takeover of the Ministry of Magic by the Hexenreich forces. Because he had his pureblood wife to vouch for him, Ram was able to lie about, and get away with his blood status without having to wear the degrading muggleborn badge.

The law requiring the badges to be worn was actually repealed quite a while before the Hexenreich takeover. The Hexenreich, in general, weren't focused on differences of blood status.

We'd appreciate it if you could edit your bio to reflect these things (and if you need some help with timeline of the different plots, PM us!).

Once you've made those changes, please post your entire revised application below and we'll be happy to take another look!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Raj Dhekhar

(23/01/2018 at 18:30)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D4T3S2
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Rajmohan Dhekhar

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Ram Dhekhar:NPC
Harshaali Dhekhar (nee Khurana):NPC

Residence:
London, England, U.K.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
AB&C Daycare

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Peter Copel, and Tiana Archer

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
  It honestly doesn’t get any more extrordinary than the Dekhars. Ram and Harshaali Dekhar (nee Khurana) were both healers who met while attending India’s school of witchcraft and wizardry. They moved out to London to elope, as Ram was muggleborn and Harshaali came from an esteemed and very pro-blood purity pureblood family, and soon had their son, Rajmohan, named after Ram’s grandfather. Eventually they both found work at St. Mungo’s, Ram being based in the Maternity ward, and Harshaali in Military Quarantine.

When both of Raj’s parents were faced to put their careers on pause, it was ultimately Harshaali who decided to leave her job and homeschool Raj, giving him an education that was anything but basic. With her passion for healing and her aspirations for Raj to follow in their footsteps, a lot of subjects that would’ve been a little obscene for a child his age wasn’t made taboo for him, finding out exactly where babies come from while he was practically one himself.  She dreaded becoming the housewife stereotype, but seeing that she would be spending more time with her son than the wounds of others, Harshalli saw the situation as bittersweet. With Raj’s studies gradually progressing, signs of his magical prowess began to emerge, with books levitating around him in random lessons, and quills writing on parchment without a hand. Witnessing this at his age, his mother thought was a good time as any to introduce him to the very basics of magic.

As expected, he couldn’t do much on his own, but what was clear to them was that Raj had a knack for divination, more specifically arithmancy. Around the time he was 9 years old, he memorized the entire Chaldean numerology system- this one specifically because he couldn’t spell nor pronounce Pythagorean, though it wasn’t hard for him to remember how to plot a Pythagorean chart, made a game with basic numerology where any name that he saw he would make a life path number, and a few compound numbers for it. Even more so when he saw a birthdate.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
  He had been asking his mother if he could play at Godric’s Park all day, and after what felt like hours of shopping around the hollow, Raj finally was able to go have himself some fun. He thought of getting his mother to conjure some gobstones to play with, but his attention was diverted by a few children around his age playing on broomsticks. When he heard the little girl squeak in her small voice for the others to wait for her, Raj made his way towards her o find out what was going on.

As Raj came face to face with the girl, he realized what was holding her up was her difficulty with the broom. Being a huge quidditch fan, he wanted to ride the broom the girl threw to the ground, but he knew it wasn’t an actual broom, so he didn’t bother asking. As an idea for a game he could play with her to hopefully making her feel better, he flinched as she barked at him. “Yeah, I guess…” he said a little reluctantly. “I can ask my mom to summon my wizard’s chess board and we can play that.” He went to the toy broom and picked it off the floor to hand it to the girl, “I’m Raj, and I like your broom, by the way.” He gave the girl a small grin that exposed the boys slight snaggletooth. “What’s your name?”
OTHER
How did you find us? Magic

SLYTHERIN
don't tempt me

* Anneka Ivanova

(31/01/2018 at 02:16)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me