Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Gabriel Morrow  (Read 332 times)

Gabriel Morrow

(10/09/2021 at 04:35)
  • Consultant for the Ministry of Magic & Author
  • C12D7T6S7
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Gabriel Nathaniel Morrow
Blood Status: Pureblood

Education:
Hogwarts- Slytherin- 1950

Residence:
Morrow Bluffs- An old estate built partially into a cliffside in the United Kingdom, the estate extends beyond the cliffside and throughout providing access to caverns and caves within.

Occupation
Consultant part time for The DMLE, Best Selling Author.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Member of the Wizengamot holding the seat or seats for the House of Morrow.

Requested Magic Levels:

• Charms: 12
  • Divination: 7
  • Transfiguration: 6
  • Summoning: 7
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Tristan Mars

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Gabriel Morrow was exceptional because from practically the time he was born it was drilled into him that anything less was failure. It pushed him to great lengths to do the best in every class he ever took, the victories celebrated and the losses for which he was punished. In the end he did remarkably well. Got far above average marks but not even that satisfied his parents. They'd wanted the best for their son. Nothing but the best.

In the year nineteen thirty two Gabriel was born to Annabeth and Harald Morrow. Two wealthy social climbers that were known far and wide for...well anything that they might do. It didn't matter that Annabeth's only real skill was captivating a room and the art of misdirection, or that Harald was a horrid drunk that took other lovers routinely. All that mattered was public opinion favored them. But the Morrow family tree also had it's own little....oddity one could say. A genetic quirk that no one could really figure out but had been something passed down for generations. Centuries.

Every blood relative of the Morrow line was blessed or coursed with unique dual colored hair. Natural on the sides and in the back but as it climbed upward the natural bled to an almost shocking white blonde. These 'streaks' but more like splotches increased as you got closer to the crown of their heads and their bangs were just...white blonde. No Metamorphagi, nothing seemingly magical at all. Just a strange genetic hiccup...and while Harald and those before him wore it with pride? Gabriel was different. He didn't like being so noticeably not like the other kids. It got him bullied and teased. But as he grew so did his understanding.

The Morrow line had been around a long time and it would be around for long to come. This oddity was a sign he belonged to an exceptional legacy of witches and wizards...and in time he stopped trying to hide it. Eventually Gabriel attracted attention from the lovely and stunning Ella Mertz and a whirlwind romance began, but eventually like most good things in his life...it ended when Ella left him at the alter and shattered the remains of his fragile heart.

Rage issues and his own mental disposition prevented Gabriel from joining the Ministry officially. Something he'd been interested in pursuing in the hopes of channeling said rage, but he found another outlet in his writings of horror like literature. Writings that eventually were published and brought him great success and furthered his wealth. The success of his novels also saw him consulted by the DMLE on a case here or there that his unique outlook might provide with new insight.

In present day with both of his parents gone from this world Gabriel lives in Morrow Bluffs working on his newest novel. Available for consultation, but closed to matters of the heart he deals with his psychopathy the best he can and proves every day that he'll stop at nothing to reach his goals. To be nothing less than exceptional.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
Another day, another bloody book signing. Gabriel didn't like coming anywhere near Diagon but it couldn't be helped. The words of his agent assaulting his ears. 'You need to be more accessible Gabriel, the mysterious Author stick is over'. It was all a bunch of dung if you asked him. They just thought that having him physically present for witches or the odd wizard to fawn over would boost sales. He didn't want to talk about how they'd been right.

He was just on his way to the closest Apparation point when he heard a voice cry out in the crowd.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!”

He paused and took a deep breath. His face clenching in annoyance and he felt compelled to hex the woman making such a fuss. But again his Agent's words came to his mind. His image...needed a little TLC since he kept for the most part out of the public eye. Fortunately or unfortunately the shoe seemed to stop somewhat nearby his position and was easy for him to pick it up, cast a silent Reparo and walk to the frantic witch with repaired shoe in hand.

"I believe you dropped this Miss? I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of repairing it for you. I wouldn't want anything to happen if you should trip. You're to gorgeous to bruise." he said smoothly with a charming smile. Maybe this would shut his Agent up for awhile yeah?

OTHER
How did you find us? I've been here for...awhile. Did I ever really leave at all?

OC Notes: Anything in this application (specifically abnormal characteristics I.E hair color) was approved by the admins specifically for Gabriel Morrow.

Calypso Ross

(21/09/2021 at 16:39)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!
look out! look out!
'CAUSE EACH TIME I FALL
I'LL BE CRASHING DOWN
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS

Tags: