We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Typos!  (Read 1570 times)

Robert Carter

(23/04/2019 at 20:10)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile
Hello!

I posted Robert Matthew Carter's app in all caps - that was unintentional. Could I get the title change to proper caps, please? And there's a link that I have in there that was supposed to post an image for my own reference (in Gdoc), but it's scrolling the application unnecessarily on the site. I don't mind it remaining in there as a URL - but I haven't claimed the face yet! Could you please remove the link?

I found a small typo in the magic rules under divination:
Sensing the Otherworld
A - You can talk to invisible spirits (if you know theyre there!), but you cannot see them, or hear what they say back

Robert Carter

(24/04/2019 at 00:07)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile
I found a small typo in the Era Guide: Women:

How does this play out? Times are changing, but not that quickly. There continues to be an emphasis on homemaking magic for many women, though many witches will find they have increasing opportunities to branch out. An inherent gender bias may also be present throughout threads e.g. your boyfriend asks you to med his Quidditch uniform.

Calypso Ross

(24/04/2019 at 19:52)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi, Robert!

Your application's been accepted now, so you don't need to worry about the app title or the FC link!

And thank you for letting us know about those typos, I've edited them now.

--Caly
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Robert Carter

(25/04/2019 at 13:22)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile
Thank you, Caly! I hope none of my helpfulness is coming across nit-picky or anything. ><; I love the organization of the site!

I've found another small one, the height/width measurements look like they've been switched in FAQ: Avatars:

These instructions are for Microsoft Paint, as it is the most basic of image-editing software. (Many players use more advanced software, such as Photoshop.)

1. Find an image that you would like to use.
2. Open Microsoft Paint.
3. Right click on your image, press copy.
4. Move to the Paint window, click Edit --> Paste.
5. Use the Sketch/Skew attribute to shrink your image.
6. Go to Attributes; enter 200px for the height and 300px for the width.
7. File --> Save. Be sure to save the image as a .jpg or a .png -- not a .bmp.

Calypso Ross

(25/04/2019 at 16:04)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Fixed, thank you!!
look out! look out!
'CAUSE EACH TIME I FALL
I'LL BE CRASHING DOWN
RIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS

Germander Freeman

(30/04/2019 at 14:39)
  • Landscaper
  • C7D5T9S8
    • View Profile
You're welcome! <3 Here to be helpful again.

The dates are off in your points claiming: vault stuff. It's not a BIG deal since, you know, the dates are the same, but the year is different!

* Sylvia Renn

(30/04/2019 at 15:53)
  • Department Chair at L'école Enchantons
  • C20D13T10S19
    • View Profile
Edited!
you  /yōō, yə/ pronoun.
  a microscope through which I can see
  all the broken parts of me.

Tags: