We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Arthur Ward  (Read 399 times)

* Arthur Ward

(01/04/2021 at 11:13)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D5T4S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Arthur Ward

Birthday: October 16th, 1950

Hometown: Summercourt, Cornwall

Bloodline: Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Transfiguration

Year (pick two): First year, or second year

Biography:

Dear Diary,

I’m going off to Hogsfarts. Or Horsetarts To Hogwarts. It’s a school that teaches people magic. Oh I didn’t write that yet. Magic is real! Mum says this Hogs Place is where she went to school as a girl but I don’t know if I believe that she was ever a kid. She says I’ll be getting a magic wand soon and I can’t use it until I’m in classes. There’s supposed to be this place where we buy all the magical things. Something called Die A Gone Alley. It sounds pretty dangerus to me but mum says it’s all safe. Dad doesn’t say much. I think he knows a bit about this already but I guess he listens to mum about the magic things.

I hope they don’t have a magical maths class at this Hogs Place or anything. I don’t know what happens with my old school now. I hope I still see my friends. I’m not suppose to tell them about all the magic things I’m learning but I don’t like lying.

I wonder what magic food is like. Are there magic monsters?

I wouldn’t say that I’m surprised about it. Everyone knows deep down that magic is real. It’s still exciting to be learning how to do it instead of geography or something boring though. I heard there’s a Sorty Hat that talks. I hope it doesn’t tell people I have a tiny head or anything.

Oh and mum said we are having cottage pie for dinner tonight so that’s pretty good.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: IC, Arthur hopes to be put into Gryffindor because he knows his mother was in that house in her school years, and he always hopes to make his parents happy with connections and similarities such as this. OOC, wherever you can place him or think he fits is fine.

Personality:
Arthur is a happy but hesitant and quiet child. Being the son of two decisive parents with strong personalities has meant he hasn’t needed to develop these qualities himself while growing up, making him more passively accepting of going with the flow. He has, however, inherited his parents’ burning impulse to live up to a standard of doing right by those they love or respect. But, while this impulse has caused a behaviour of either excellence or self destruction in his mother, depending on her success, Arthur’s desire to have peace without needing to be the one to make it generally has him watching life from the sidelines to avoid too much risk. Arthur tries his best to avoid standing out, and takes the world around him completely at face value with a complete lack of guile and nothing but an open heart for those who will have him in their life. Though he’s meek for his own sake, there’s a secret fire inside him that wishes to stand up when others need defending.

Appearance:
Arthur could be said to vaguely look like a French fry with a nest of hair on top. He has an outdoors kid’s enthusiasm without any developed strength or ruggedness at all. Big eyes, with a baby-like expression of searching the details of everything around him. His mannerisms are so unassertive that a room would look more empty with him alone in it than it would if there was nobody; though his expression is rarely unhappy. He seems content with his position as simply part of the world’s landscape.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option 2:

Arthur picked up the straightest stick he could find from the small cluster of them scattered across the grass beneath the trees. He carefully tested its weight with a few swings before correcting his grip to a proper position to wield it like a sword. It was too good a day to stay inside the castle. Besides, the castle was kind of old smelling and creepy.

Additional besides: it felt awkward far quicker being alone when you only had rooms to walk through with no purpose than it did to be outside, where there was lots more to explore alone and it didn't look weird. The young Ward boy whacked the stick across the sides of the nearest tree, as if it was a large training dummy, before he set off further into the gardens. Maybe he could find some bees along the way to practice his fencing skills against. But he’d have to be careful to not hurt them.

The angry voice drew his attention before the sight of the other boy did, face deep in a flowerbed like a human earthworm detector. Arthur stood, hands halfway between raised in sword pose and at rest, with his head cocked to the side like a confused puppy. The boy stuck in the garden sneezed loudly as he seemed to search for... Whichever type of rat it was that lived among flowers. He looked around near Arthur.

"Can I help you with something? It is not polite to stare."

Arthur quickly looked to either side of himself and behind, to make sure it was no one else being told off. There wasn’t anybody else.

He shrugged at the other body in a quick up and down jolt of the shoulders, as if to de-escalate the scene by looking too uninformed to be threatening. "Sorry, I’m new," Arthur said flatly. "I didn’t know we couldn’t."

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Freja Skov

How did you find us?: Magic!

* Ella Galanis

(02/04/2021 at 11:52)
  • Head of Ravenclaw
    • View Profile
Dear Mr Ward,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 May 2021. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Ella Galanis
Head of Ravenclaw
blackbird singing in the dead of night
take these broken wings and learn to fly
blackbird singing in the dead of night
take these sunken eyes and learn to see

Tags: