Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Raluca Lamont || Child  (Read 569 times)

* Raluca Lamont

(18/05/2020 at 18:44)
  • Fifth Year
  • C4D3T2S3
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Raluca Lamont

Bloodline:
Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggleborn/Squib

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Elena Lamont (NPC)

Residence:
Hogsmeade

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Daycare

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Corina Lamont, twin sister

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Marina Lamont, Merryl Midthunder, Spencer Callander, Nashira Nettlebed, Wit Northcutt, Joshua Mulligan

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Sunlight filtered through the kitchen windows, but not at an angle convenient to Raluca Lamont. Laying back on two juxtaposed chairs, her nose almost touched the underside of the kitchen table. Her head quirked sideways and her eyes squinted to see the lines the pen in her hand traced across the wood. Many such lines had already been drawn across the hidden surface: her initials locked in a heart with those of neighbourhood boys she'd never spoken to, little sketches of cats and dogs, rainbows, suns, moons, and pretty new words she didn't want to forget.

Her hand finished spelling today's special word and returned to her chest. She gazed at the clumsy curves of emblem barely discernible in the table's shadow before sighing contentedly and turning her head sideways toward the cat laying on the chair opposite her.

Sir Scratchalot blinked at her.

Hearing a knock on the kitchen door and the shuffle of her mother's footsteps coming in from the next room, Luca smiled at the cat and pressed a finger against her lips. Twenty three little scribbles on the table's underbelly, and Elena Lamont had not caught her in the act yet.

A shaft of brighter light spilled across the floor as the door was pulled open.

"John," Her mother greeted the man at the door.

Raluca perked up and tried to shift around to get a better look, but to no avail. She never got to see her dad, and now that he had finally come to visit, she was stuck in her hiding spot. Still, it was worth considering: was keeping her little secret intact worth more than getting a hug from daddy?

"I won't be here for long," She heard him say, and that just about made up her mind. Raluca had started sliding her body sideways when he spoke again. "I don't want the girls to see me here." Her movements stilled but her heart sank. With an uneasy feeling, she leaned back onto her back, settling in for as long as she needed. She wanted to hear this, she wanted to know why.

(Except, really, she didn't; she could already feel the threat of tears stinging her eyes.)

Blinking once, twice, Luca focused her ears on his voice and her eyes on the smiling puppy face etched into the wood above her.

"John," Her mother repeated. "I'm sure they'd love to see you. Raluca drew you a picture and Corina said--"

"Stop it, Elena, not today," There was an impatience in her father's voice that Raluca had never heard before. "They're not my daughters, and I'm not in the mood for pretending right now. I just came by to--"

But the rest of his words were drowned out by the sound of her world spinning on its head. Suddenly, her hiding place seemed infinitely trivial. Raluca rolled sideways, letting herself fall to the floor with ready arms and knees. Opposite her, a startled Sir Scratchalot scrambled off his own chair. Together, they dashed out of the room, cutting the conversation of her mother and the man who was not her father short.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Raluca knew that mother would be angry with her. She'd left the garden and gone off on her own again, but she didn't want to worry about that now. She loved the park, and all the strange people coming, going and staying.

In the shade of a tall oak, her small fingers wove through the grass, picking out the greenest, thickest blades to pluck right out of the soil. Others she might snap in two. If at any time she happened upon a blossom of clover, she picked it carefully and set it gently in her lap. Once she'd amassed a large enough collection of the pale little flowers, she set to work lacing them into the curls of her hair.

While her fingers toiled away, coy brown eyes strayed upwards, gazing at the boys who zipped and zoomed through the air. The mere sight of them sufficed to make her blush. She wondered if one of them might look down and see her sitting there with pretty flowers in her hair. She wondered if he might swoop down and carry her away like a knight in shining armor.

"You!"

The angry voice of another girl ripped Luca from her reverie. With a start, she dropped the strand of hair she'd been working on, and the flower she'd been holding drifted slowly back into her lap. Then came the invitation to play, to which Raluca couldn't help but echo, "Me?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Ezboard

Calypso Ross

(20/05/2020 at 11:46)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Tags: