Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Smuggler's Cove Antiquities | Shop Permit  (Read 794 times)

* Poseidon St Oswald

(13/05/2019 at 09:21)
  • Adult
  • C22D16T14S10
    • View Profile
SHOPKEEPER PERMIT
You must have applied as an Elsewhere character before completing this permit.

Shop name: Smuggler's Cove Antiquities
Shop Type: Antique Shop
Subforum? Yes!

Short Description (50 words max): A simple antiquities shop up front, with a password you'll find a fencing operation for smuggled/stolen goods.
Long Description (200 words min): Smuggler's Cove is set at the end of Diagon Alley, almost teetering on the boarder of there and Knockturn Alley. Instead of traditional red brick the builder had opted for imported caliza capri limestone facade from Spain. Soft purple wisteria climbs the buildings front, wrapping around the windows and doors until the vine slowly tapers off once it nears the roof or another shop. A wrought iron and black marble sign hangs above the door with the words Smuggler's Cove. Gold paint makes the letters pop against it's background. And the black of the marble matches the black of the window panes and door.

A sprawling stair case leads you to the black double doors that are accompanied by two big windows on either side. During the day one can see through the windows and into the shop. Once you enter the shop light touches every single corner of the place. Glass cases outline the room and house the most expensive things in the shop. Tables of stuff crowd the open area of the shop. Tables full of things from all over the world, collected by Poseidon himself. A huge chandelier hangs in the center of the high vaulted ceiling.

In the back behind closed doors one would find stairs leading to the top two floors one being Poseidon's office and then above that his flat that remains mostly empty and through another door you would find stairs leading down to the storage room, however the door won't appear for you unless you know a secret phrase.

Poseidon's office is grand and takes up the entire second floor of the building. Cherry wood interior and grand furniture call this place home. There's even a fire place in the center of the floor. It's only lit in the winter time, but it keeps things nice and toasty up there.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun? This would be a fun spot to RP because there's no telling what one might find there. Poseidon has a knack for flair and loves just about everyone and has everything from ancient children's toys to victorian dresses, but there's also the fact that the business is actually a fencing operation so there's also capabilities for Auror's and such to thread here.

Marina Lamont

(06/06/2019 at 17:32)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C14D8T16S10
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Accepted! You can find your shop's subforum here.
I set my sail

Fly
the wind it will take me
Back to my home, sweet home

Tags: