Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Locking, Kyle - Student Application  (Read 1159 times)

Kyle Locking

(28/08/2017 at 21:21)
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Kyle Locking

Birthday: 24th August 1938

Hometown: Anerley, London

Bloodline: Half-Blood

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): Third Year (1st Choice), Second Year (2nd Choice)
Biography:
At a young age, Kyle's father left him after finding out that Kyle's mother was a witch. His mother then was murdered by a wizard when Kyle was 8 years old. He was adopted by another wizard/witch family named the Lockings, and was renamed Kyle Locking. His step-brother usually bullied him, and taunted him because he had a wand and Kyle didn't.  His wand is eleven inches, made out of hawthorn, and is infelixibe. He is reasonably good at Conjuring & Summoning, and is constantly learning how to produce a patronus. He is brave at times, and also a little shy.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Gryffindor

Personality: Shy, Brave

Appearance: Dark brown hair, blue eyes, 5'9"

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Kyle was in the empty potions dungeon. He had received permission to try and improve his shrinking solution. He sort-of enjoyed the peace, the only sounds being the bubbling and hissing of the potion. Kyle would rather be practising spells and trying to get some progress on the Patronus charm, but he felt that he needed to do this. He was kind of slipping in potions and needed some time to practice. Kyle dumped some more ingredients into the potion. As he stirred, he hears footsteps outside of the door.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?" Someone asks loudly from outside the door. Kyle identifies the voice as a girls. He approaches the door, and opens it. He sees a girl around eleven years old, standing there, shaking as if she was scared of something.

"Who's Emma Birch?" He asks curiously.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
None

How did you find us?:
Googling 'Harry Potter Roleplay Chat'

* Hazel Wright

(29/08/2017 at 23:54)
  • Former Head of Hufflepuff
    • View Profile
Hello Kyle, and welcome to the site!

Your application is coming along nicely. I am definitely curious about how you imagined Kyle's early years will affect his future, or if you had anything planned yet.

Had you thought about why his mother perished? Did Kyle get adopted by a wizarding family that knew his mother already? Or did Kyle spend some time at an orphanage first?

Because Kyle was eight years old when his mother was taken from him, he probably think about his previous life... was it a good life? His years before his mother's passing and the years after with his new family definitely shape the kind of young man that he is/will become, and I would love to hear more about what you had planned for him.

Also, we write in third person, past tense form and I noticed that you slipped into current tense at about half-way into your roleplay response. If you could just make a few alterations to your roleplay response, we would appreciate it.

Once you make your additions and alterations, please reply below with the entire revised application and we will be happy to take another look!

* Anneka Ivanova

(01/09/2017 at 00:34)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Applications are closed, but if you PM me your application within 48 hours, you can still be accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: