Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Violet Moore  (Read 669 times)

Violet Moore

(01/01/2016 at 03:49)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name:
Violet "Vi" Moore

Birthday:
October 13th, 1974 (1935 post-time warp)

Hometown:
Cheadle, Staffordshire, England

Bloodline:
Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two):
1 or 2

Biography:
Vi grew up with an elderly woman by the name of Ruby Wilson, who took her in after she was found wandering the streets alone after the Time Warp.  She knows very little about her past - all she had when she arrived in 1937 with the rest of the magical world was the clothes on her back.  However, she feels certain that she lived with many other people when she was young.  She enjoys reading and writing, and although she loves music, she has a comically bad singing voice.  She has a terrible fear of dogs, stemming from when she was bitten by one at the age of five years old. 

Vi considers herself to be exceptional only in how completely average she is.  She never believed in frivolous things like magic, and lived an ordinary life in a small town.  She only discovered magic a few months before she turned 11, when a wizard arrived in her town and saw her perform some accidental magic, accidentally causing a bully to grow a few large warts on his face.  She is still somewhat perturbed about the existence of the supernatural in general, and is trying not to think too deeply into it.

Vi's mother died in childbirth, and for the first two years of her life, she was raised by her muggle father, who rather resented having to change his bachelor lifestyle and deal with a child.  At the moment, she does not know her mother's blood status, or her own.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Whichever seems most appropriate.

Personality: 
Vi is a quiet child, and one who has never felt entirely comfortable in her own skin.  She didn't have much contact with other children, so she had to learn to entertain herself.  She spends a large portion of her time just daydreaming about anything and everything - the more outlandish, the better, in her mind.  While this kept her occupied for most of her childhood, it became a habit that was hard to break, and now causes people to think she's a bit odd.  Frequently, Vi finds herself missing things that happen right in front of her, or suddenly losing track of conversations.  She is also highly forgetful, and is constantly looking for something that she lost.  She dislikes being called Violet, but generally doesn't correct people that use her full name, after so many years having to get used to it from Ruby.

Appearance: 
Petite and frail-looking, with pale green eyes and curly, dark brown hair, which she generally attempts to force into a low bun.  Caucasian.  Her clothes are all very old-fashioned, as most of them are Ruby's from when she was a child.  She rarely smiles, but when she does, her front teeth poke out slightly.  She has a faint scar on her thigh, from the dog attack when she was young, but it's not something that anyone really sees.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Vi turned another corner, and stopped short.  Exploring on my own may have been a bad idea after all.  She had been quite certain that this was the way back to the Great Hall, but she seemed to be even deeper into the dungeons than before. 

"Is it so difficult to find an easily accessible, undisturbed area to write in this castle?" Shaking her head, she turned around and began to venture back the way she had come.  She had tried just about everywhere - the Astronomy tower (which she had been shooed from by a pair of flushed 6th years), a spot halfway around the lake (a better location, but due to the current rain, a poor choice), and even what she had thought was an abandoned classroom (with the amount of dust there, how was she to know that a ghost had made its home in that room for the past six hundred years?).  Finally, a fourth year who saw her running from the latter location suggested that she try deep in the dungeons, where very few people ventured. 

Unfortunately, there seemed to be a very good reason for that, which Vi was only now discovering: the dungeons were a veritable maze. 

"Hello!  Is Emma Birch here?"

Vi let out a startled squeak at the sound, dropping her bag.  Quills, her wand, and a small, tattered notebook went flying, and she dropped to her knees, feeling around in the gloomy darkness.  "I don't believe that there's an Emma Birch down here," she called helpfully down the corridor.  "However, I would appreciate some assistance, if you don't mind.  I seem to have dropped my wand, and it's much too dark to find anything in here without one - and afterwards, could you perhaps point me in the direction of the Great Hall?"

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
This is my first character.

How did you find us?:
Googling roleplay sites.

Stefan Steel

(01/01/2016 at 04:26)
  • Librarian
  • C13D13T13S13
    • View Profile

Miss Moore,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. Term begins on 1st January. Welcome to Hogwarts.

Regards,

Stefan Steel  
Librarian
lead me home

Tags: