Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Elise McHoughton  (Read 630 times)

Elise McHoughton

(10/08/2017 at 04:49)
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Elise McHoughton

Birthday: April 25, 1940

Hometown: London, England

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two):
Year One or Year Two

Biography:
Elise is the only child of Elizabeth and Daniel McHoughton. Her family had nothing to do with the second Muggle world war, until their house was bombed. Elise and her father managed to survive, while her mother perished in the tragedy. Luckily, her father had a stable job as an Auror and a large fortune, so they managed to get along for the next few years. Finally, Elise's long-awaited letter from Hogwarts arrived by OWL, but she was surprisingly reluctant to go, afraid her father couldn't cope without her. He urged her to go, assuring her he would be fine. Elise finally decided she would go, and now anticipates her term at Hogwarts.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

House Request:
Slytherin

Personality:
Elise at first can appear sarcastic, cold, and rude. It takes some time to get her to warm up to you, but when she does, she's loyal, kind, and somewhat overprotective. She is very defensive of her house, and would do almost anything to win, aside from cheating, however desperate she may be. Elise is a leader rather than a follower, and refuses to follow anyone that isn't her father, a professor, or a prefect. She will normally only talk to those in her house, though she makes some exceptions, though she usually only reserves those for taunting her enemies.

Appearance:
At first glance, Elise is an average-height girl with pale skin and long brown hair that extends a bit past her shoulders. Once you get a closer look, you notice the freckles on her face that dot her nose and cheeks, as well as a slight natural blush and blue eyes that could almost be mistaken for gray. She normally wears her hair down with a slight wave to it, with a ribbon the color of her house tied in.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Sample #2

Elise had been sitting alone on the bench, thinking to herself, and admiring the garden. Yes, it was very unlike her just to admire the beauty of something, when she could be pranking the other houses, or something of that nature, but Elise had discovered the serene place in the gardens a while back, and now came there to be alone and think in peace for a bit.

The peace was soon disrupted though, when a rat came scampering on to the bench Elise was sitting on. Truth be told, she didn't mind animals people were normally jumpy around, like rats or snakes. But it was quite annoying and alarming for a rat to scurry into her lap when she was trying to spend some time alone. She frowned at the creature for a moment, knowing it was a pet, but not knowing who it belonged to.

That was when the boy came crashing through the flowers like a lunatic, the rat scurrying off in the opposite direction once more. Elise sighed. Can't a girl get some peace around here? At least he could've entered like a normal person. "Can I help you with something? It's not polite to stare," She heard the boy, whoever he was, say.

"If you're gonna talk about manners to me, learn some yourself, too. And teach your rat, while your at it." Elise retorted sharply. "And it went that way," She said, pointing in the direction the rat had ran. Maybe now I can have a pleasant afternoon..

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):
Just Elise (I applied a year ago, but our internet shut down for about a month and I couldn't do anything. So I'm applying again.)

How did you find us?:
Google

* Anneka Ivanova

(15/08/2017 at 00:53)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Elise!

Your application is coming along nicely. However, in your RP response, you're controlling the rat. Since it isn't your character's pet, you shouldn't control it. If this was a real thread, Hugh might not appreciate you making choices for his pet.

Once you've fixed your RP response, please post your entire revised application below and we'll be happy to take another look!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Elise McHoughton

(15/08/2017 at 10:23)
    • View Profile
Oh, sorry about that! I'll do a repost when I get my laptop back.

Tags: