We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Ted Robinson  (Read 1793 times)

Ted Robinson

(20/02/2013 at 03:17)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile

Application for Beauxbatons Academy

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Theodore L Robinson (ted)

Birthday:June 13, 1962

Hometown:Paris,France

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Magical Strength (pick one):
Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two):1980, 1973

Biography:
It all began when his sister got a letter in the mail. Knowing Taylor's friends enough to know what they'd have more sense to type a text message, Ted helped spread the news and the family gathered around the couch. The letter looked pretty official. It was Royal blue with a slender 'B' etched on the back. When Taylor opened it. An elegant letter dropped out, said with these words: "We are pleased to announce that Taylor Robinson will be joining Beuxbatons, School of witchcraft and wizardry. Enlisted are the supplies needed." Taylor squealed "EaIIII!" She's been gone to Beauxbatons ever since, occasionaly cmng back for the holidays. Funny thing to say, as they were laughing about the exsistance of wizards, Ted got one too! "Were surrounded by magic." Ted's first day at Beaubatons begins.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Ecole Request: Studio Arts
See here for more information.

Communaté Preference: Orange See here for more information.

Personality:
Ted's on the Jumpy, Playful side EASILY offended. Kind of snotty, Though a very good person to befriend.

Appearance:
big Brown eyes with a solid stature and bushy black hair. Light brown skin, smile plastered on face.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across this post on the site. Please as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions!

The dining hall was a loud, calamitous thing. Students sat scattered through the vast room, speaking various languages, laughing, and simply having a gay old time. A group of students towards the front of the hall sat huddled over a pile of sheet music. Black notes melted on to the off white parchment, splaying out a secret language, only readable to those who carried the gift. Another group sat watching a tall, thin upperclassman parading around her new ballet point shoes in awe. There seemed to be a group in the hall for everyone.

Everyone except Hilary, that is.

Poor Hilary stood soaking in the scene before her with a slight grimace on her face. Before coming to Beauxbatons, she had been overjoyed to begin studying magic, but now as she waded through her third week at the school, she felt lost in a sea of strangers. It wasn't that she was shy, no. Indeed, she even tried to reach out to some students. It was more that everyone seemed to already have their own clique, and Hilary felt so very unwelcome in all of them.

On her plate, she fidgeted with an assortment of vegetables and a delicate pork chop. That was the nice thing about Beauxbatons. Despite the many cold-shouldered students, the food was still incredible.

With a hefty sigh, Hilary strode into the dining hall. As she did, she let her mind wander to what life at the academy might be were she royalty. The students would bow at her feet! And of course she would only ever don the most elegant of robes, decorated in sequins, rhinestones, and laced with frills. All of the girls at the school would fawn over the level of grace she exhibited. Hilary would make wonderful royalty, yes that was certain.

Though, lost in her fantasy, Hilary failed to notice the leather bag lying at the center of the walkway. Failing to notice the bag in her path, naturally caused her to trip, spilling the contents of her plate all over the student sitting just beside the bag.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Ted sighed. "that's alright. It happens to me all the time. And it really wasn't your fault anyways. Im Theodore. Who are you?"
"Im Hillary," She had said. "Please to meet you, Theodore."
"Ted." he said automatically. Theodore was just so -well- boring. "call me Ted."
Hillary sat at the table and they have been friends ever since.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

How did you find us?: Google search 'Hogwarts roleplay'

« Last Edit: 20/02/2013 at 11:58 by Ted Robinson »

* Anneka Ivanova

(20/02/2013 at 14:17)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Thank you for your application! Before we can accept it, there are some things we need to you to change.

- It is currently 1938 in our universe. Please change Ted's birth year to reflect this.

- Year means which year in school you would like Ted to be in. For example, 5e année(2nd). You may pick two in case we can't accommodate your first choice.

- In your biography, please keep in mind the time period. There were no text messages in 1938. Also, I'd like to know more about Ted. It's great that his sister was accepted to Beauxbatons, but how does Ted feel about that when it happens? What's his relationship with his sister? What things does he do before he gets accepted to the school - does he have hobbies, his own friends, etc.? How does he feel about going off to Beauxbatons when the time comes?

Additionally, since Ted is a Muggleborn, it is likely he would have been effected by our recent time warp. See here for more information on what might have happened to his family.

- In your RP response, you are controlling Hilary's actions. This is called powerplaying and is not allowed, because it's unfair to the other writers and their characters. In your response, focus only on what Ted does and feels. Please change this.

Post your revised application below and we'll be happy to take another look.

Thanks!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Ted Robinson

(21/02/2013 at 00:56)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
Here it is. =)

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Birthday:June 13, 1926

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Conjuring & Summoning

Divination

Year (pick two):1st year ,2nd year

Biography:
It all began when his sister got a letter in the mail. Knowing Taylor's friends enough to know what they'd have more sense to type a talk face to face, Ted helped spread the news and the family gathered around the couch. The letter looked pretty official. It was Royal blue with a slender 'B' etched on the back. When Taylor opened it. An elegant letter dropped out, said with these words: "We are pleased to announce that Taylor Robinson will be joining Beauxbatons, School of witchcraft and wizardry. Enlisted are the supplies needed." Taylor squealed "EaIIII!" Melvin, Teds brother and his mother both glanced accusingly at his father.
"Guys hiding something?" Ted asked in suspicion. His father squinted. "he's the wizard.' His mother crowed. Ted stood up, wide-eyed. "know what? I dont even want an explanation." he snarled. "But- " "blahh! Dont wanna hear it father. He swelled with jealousy. Taylor? Witch? Poshh! The same feeling engulfed as he watched her leave in the carriage, and months. But one day he got one of his own. His family swelled with pride, and Ted felt excited. Let the adventure to Beauxbatons begin.

Personality:
Ted's on the Jumpy, Playful side EASILY offended. Kind of snotty, Though a very good person to befriend.

Appearance:
big Brown eyes with a solid stature and bushy black hair. Light brown skin, smile plastered on face.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across this post on the site. Please as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions!

Ted gasped and spluttered. Despite his rage, he just couldn't bring himself to tell off the girl who just showered him with her lunch. She looked all poor and miserable and terribly sorry. Ted sighed. He was having a good morning and he wasn't going to spoil it over a simple mistake. Standing up and brushing the meal off of his uniform, Ted smiled. She had said sorry earlier. "It's okay," He said. "I've had worse than that done in the morning. I'm Theodore. What's your name?" He added holding out a hand. The girl looked at him, a look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," she said "Nice to meet you, Theodore." Ted's face went from a cycle of surprise, anger, and explanation  "Ted," Ted said. "PLEASE call me Ted." Hillary sat right next to Ted. They've been friends since.

→ ABOUT YOU.

« Last Edit: 21/02/2013 at 22:13 by Ted Robinson »

Darcy Audley

(21/02/2013 at 01:40)
Hey Ted! Welcome to the site!

Thank you for all the corrections you've made so far - the application is looking great! However, there's still an issue with powerplaying in your sample roleplay. Powerplaying is where someone is controlling a character who is not their own within a RP, and it's against the rules heres.

Please edit your sample roleplay so that the only character you are controlling is Ted.

Thanks! Can't wait to see the revised version!

- Darcy

Ted Robinson

(21/02/2013 at 22:13)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
Newly revised one =) I hope its right.

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Conjuring & Summoning

Divination

Biography:
It all began when his sister got a letter in the mail. Knowing Taylor's friends enough to know what they'd have more sense to type a talk face to face, Ted helped spread the news and the family gathered around the couch. The letter looked pretty official. It was Royal blue with a slender 'B' etched on the back. When Taylor opened it. An elegant letter dropped out, said with these words: "We are pleased to announce that Taylor Robinson will be joining Beauxbatons, School of witchcraft and wizardry. Enlisted are the supplies needed." Taylor squealed "EaIIII!" Melvin, Teds brother and his mother both glanced accusingly at his father.
"Guys hiding something?" Ted asked in suspicion. His father squinted. "he's the wizard.' His mother crowed. Ted stood up, wide-eyed. "know what? I dont even want an explanation." he snarled. "But- " "blahh! Dont wanna hear it father. He swelled with jealousy. Taylor? Witch? Poshh! The same feeling engulfed as he watched her leave in the carriage, and months. But one day he got one of his own. His family swelled with pride, and Ted felt excited. Let the adventure to Beauxbatons begin.

Personality:

Appearance:

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Ted gasped and spluttered. Despite his rage, he just couldn't bring himself to tell off the girl who just showered him with her lunch. She looked all poor and miserable and terribly sorry. Ted sighed. He was having a good morning and he wasn't going to spoil it over a simple mistake. Standing up and brushing the meal off of his uniform, Ted smiled. She had said sorry earlier. "It's okay," He said. "I've had worse than that done in the morning. I'm Theodore. What's your name?" He added holding out a hand. The girl looked at him, a look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," she said "Nice to meet you, Theodore." Ted's face went from a cycle of surprise, anger, and explanation  "Ted," Ted said. "PLEASE call me Ted." Hillary sat right next to Ted. They've been friends since.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Raven E. Reinhardt

(22/02/2013 at 01:34)
  • Junior Healer - Magical Psych
  • C8D12T6S7
    • View Profile
Hi Ted,

Welcome to the site! :)

There are still a few times in your roleplay response where you are powerplaying. As Darcy explained, when replying to a post someone else has posted (in your case Hilary's post) you are not allowed to control the other person's actions. You can only control Ted's actions.

That means you for example can't write that Hilary says hi or that she sits down next to Ted. It is okay in your post to ask her to sit down, but you will have to leave it up to Hilary herself to determine what she does.

Please edit your roleplay response and post it below, and we'll be happy to look over your application again!

- Raven Reinhardt

Ted Robinson

(22/02/2013 at 23:26)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Conjuring & Summoning

Divination

Biography:

Personality:

Appearance:

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Ted gasped and spluttered. Despite his rage, he just couldn't bring himself to tell off the girl who just showered him with her lunch. She looked all poor and miserable and terribly sorry. Ted sighed. He was having a good morning and he wasn't going to spoil it over a simple mistake. Standing up and brushing the meal off of his uniform, Ted smiled. She had said sorry earlier. "It's okay," He said. "I've had worse than that done in the morning. I'm Theodore. What's your name?" He added holding out a hand. The girl looked at him, a look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," she said "Nice to meet you, Theodore." Ted's face went from a cycle of surprise, anger, and explanation  "Ted," Ted said. "PLEASE call me Ted." They've been good friends ever since.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Isabelle Valentine

(23/02/2013 at 15:01)
  • Youth Case Worker
  • C12D6T17S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Practical
    • View Profile
Hi Ted!

You're getting there! I know you've made a lot of corrections so far, and you're doing a good job. Unfortunately, there's still a small amount of powerplaying in your roleplay sample. For this sample, you're imagining that Hilary is an actual character on the board, with an actual human writer behind her. This part of your post:

The girl looked at him, a look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," she said "Nice to meet you, Theodore."

speaks for her. An actual human writer would find that very frustrating, because s/he might have wanted his/her character to respond differently. What if the writer intended for Hilary to suddenly switch moods and throw more food at Ted's face? She wouldn't be able to, because her actions have already been decided.

If you could take another look at your RP sample and edit it to make sure that you're only posting for Ted's actions, that would be great.

Thanks!

-- Izzy

Ted Robinson

(23/02/2013 at 21:53)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Conjuring & Summoning

Divination

Biography:

Personality:

Appearance:

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Ted gasped and spluttered. Despite his rage, he just couldn't bring himself to tell off the girl who just showered him with her lunch. She looked all poor and miserable and terribly sorry. Ted sighed. He was having a good morning and he wasn't going to spoil it over a simple mistake. Standing up and brushing the meal off of his uniform, Ted smiled. She had said sorry earlier. "It's okay," He said. "I've had worse than that done in the morning. I'm Theodore. What's your name?" He added holding out a hand. A look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," her 'my name is' tag read.  "PLEASE call me Ted." he said .They've been good friends ever since.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Isabelle Valentine

(24/02/2013 at 01:03)
  • Youth Case Worker
  • C12D6T17S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Practical
    • View Profile
Ted, you're so close, and you're being such a trooper about all these changes. I really love your perseverance. There's still just a tiny bit of powerplaying in your post. I know it's tricky, especially if you're used to writing stories alone rather than working with someone.

A look of surprise etched on her face. "Hillary," her 'my name is' tag read.

Based on Hilary's post, we don't know that she has a nametag on, so saying that she has one kind of locks her in. We also don't know what sort of look she had on her face; that'd be for Hilary's player to decide. :) It's fine to leave it at Ted just asking for her name. That "tags" her and gives her something to respond to when she replies.

They've been good friends ever since.

That's also, indirectly, sort of controlling Hilary's actions - we don't know what her future intentions are. You could say, maybe that Ted hoped they'd be good friends after this, because that's only controlling Ted's thoughts.

Like I said, powerplaying is a tricky concept. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or grab me on Private Chat and I can try to explain it a little better. :)

Ted Robinson

(24/02/2013 at 20:47)
  • 6e Année
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
=) I hope its right.

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Conjuring & Summoning

Divination

Biography:

Personality:

Appearance:

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

Ted gasped and spluttered. Despite his rage, he just couldn't bring himself to tell off the girl who just showered him with her lunch. Ted sighed. He was having a good morning and he wasn't going to spoil it over a simple mistake. Standing up and brushing the meal off of his uniform, Ted smiled. "despite you feeding my clothing your lunch, Whatever apologies are accepted. What's your name?"

→ ABOUT YOU.

Florence Prothero

(24/02/2013 at 23:15)
  • Secretary to the Acting Minister
  • C16D12T18S16
    • View Profile
Yes it is right! Thank you for sticking in there for us!

Congratulations this application has been accepted!

Tags: