Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Edwyn Albert Schmander  (Read 1000 times)

Edwyn Schmander

(30/12/2011 at 05:01)
Character Name: Edwyn Albert Schmander
Secret Phrase: Tibbles Beard of Power

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry class of ‘59

Community Applying To: Hogsmede, Diagon Alley, London, possibly working for the ministry.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters?
Well he is Eponine’s father although he doesn’t quite know that yet. ;)

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, Children's Home, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management
? He will probably seek employment in the ministry, but if not then he would find work somewhere.

Biography: Edwyn Albert Schmander was born to Philip and Meridith Schmander in early May of 1942 and was the only child of the two happily married witch and wizard. When Edwyn reached the age of 11 he was accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry and his education was of great importance to his parents. They encouraged him and he somehow succeeded in everything he attempted. He graduated and applied to work for the ministry. His mind was filled with a career of adventure as an auror, but he got his first job as an errand runner for one of the ministries aurors. He was a bit disappointed, but resolved to do his best. On his first assignment he met a young girl named, Magnolia that he fell deeply in love with. He took her on a romantic night and they consummated their love. He had to leave the next day to return to work, but promised to come back. Unfortunately the upcoming events in his life would not allow that. When Edwyn returned to the office he found that the auror that he was the runner for had been attacked. With his final breath he entrusted the young wizard with some information and an ancient relic that he must deliver to a particular wizard.  Because of this Edwyn was forced to go into hiding. Sadly this mission took years and Edwyn never got to see his love again and never met his young daughter. To this day he is unaware that he even is a father, but he still does think of the young girl from time to time wondering how she is.  In the recent years he is at last free of the information and relic having seen them both safely to the wizard they were intended for.  Now he works simple jobs that he can find(at the ministry if you allow) and tries to stay under the radar.     

Sample RP:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

It had been quite an uneventful day for Edwyn and he had just stopped at the Leaky Cauldron for a quick bite before heading home, but before he could decide what to order he felt a slight tug on his jacket. He looked down and saw a young girl that immediately began talking to him. It seemed the child was lost, scared, and hungry. He smiled at the girl as she spoke and when she at least seemed finished she raised her puffskein toward Edwyn.

Edwyn politely smiled at the girl and gave the puffsksien a friendly pat and said, "Well we will just have to see what we can do about that." he stopped a moment and scratched his chin. "First off to answer your question my dear you are in the Leaky Cauldron, and well I was about to eat myself. Let's see, maybe we can grab a bite and the nourishment will help Sambundeakin and you remember where your mommy may have scurried off too." he  watched the girl gauging her movements, "Or if you are more comfortable we can go search for her. Where was the last time you saw her?" 

Professor Tibble

(31/12/2011 at 11:08)
  • C/S Professor
    • View Profile
Accepted, as a junior employee at the Ministry (whichever department you like, since it's a junior position, anyway).
"Ice can burn. Sofas can read. It's a big universe."

- The Doctor, 'Amy's Choice'

Tags: