Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Arabella Lark - Elsewhere Child  (Read 1004 times)

Arabella Lark

(07/01/2015 at 01:50)
  • Child
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Arabella Finely Lark

Bloodline:
Muggleborn, though it wasn't much of a surprise as her aunt was also a witch.

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 

Residence:
Hogsmeade Children's Home

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
I plan on having connections to Hogsmeade Children's Home

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Is this where I should put that I wish to have Arabella placed in Hogsmeade Children's Home? If so, I wish to have Arabella approved for Hogsmeade Children's Home

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Arabella was born to her parents James and Raven. Sadly her relationship with them did not last long, she doesn't even remember them. She was visiting her aunt in wizarding London when the time warp happened, sending her and her aunt back to 1937. Now it would make sense that Arabella would have lived with her aunt and she did, for a while. But two years later, Arabella's aunt fell deathly ill, no one could figure out what was wrong with her, leaving Arabella with no one to care for her. After a few years of being moved around from place to place, she was finally put in Hogsmeade Children's home, where she has lived ever since.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Arabella was wondering around Godric Park, there wasn't much she could do on her own except watch the people. And that's exactly what she did. She sat on the wet grass under a tree watching some older children fly on their brooms. How she longed to fly. Her eyes drifted off to a younger girl, one about her own age, yelling at her brother to wait for her. "...Do you want to play?" she asked Arabella, almost yelling at her.
Arabella was taken aback, she didn't realize the girl could see her. "Sure, let's play. But I don't have a broom like you." she said carefully, not know what this girl would do to her if she said the wrong thing. "What do you want to play?" she asked, hoping that at the end of this the two of them would be friends.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

* Martin Hawksworth

(13/01/2015 at 21:57)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Hello Arabella, and welcome to HS.net!

Your applications is coming along beautifully. I am curious about Arabella who obviously is very cautious about the wizarding world. Being from muggle parentage, the world would be strange, but did her aunt perform much magic around her? Was her aunt pleasant with this new 'responsibility', seeing as Arabella is family? Did she try not to speak of or do things that could be considered magical, because she didn't want to confuse little Arabella?

With her parent disappearing at the age of 3 and only living with an aunt until the age of 5 before moving to an orphanage, I understand her lack of information but the magical world is the only one she really might remember, so is she hesitant about it because she hasn't seen the 'kinder-side' of magically inclined people?

Arabella Lark

(20/01/2015 at 22:58)
  • Child
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Arabella Finely Lark

Bloodline:
Muggleborn, though it wasn't much of a surprise as her aunt was also a witch.

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 

Residence:
Hogsmeade Children's Home

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
I plan on having connections to Hogsmeade Children's Home

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Is this where I should put that I wish to have Arabella placed in Hogsmeade Children's Home? If so, I wish to have Arabella approved for Hogsmeade Children's Home

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Arabella was born to her parents James and Raven. Sadly her relationship with them did not last long, she doesn't even remember them. She was visiting her aunt in wizarding London when the time warp happened, sending her and her aunt back to 1937. Now it would make sense that Arabella would have lived with her aunt and she did, for a while. Arabella's aunt loved having her around, even if it made things harder for her. Her aunt was very cautious of using magic around Arabella because it scared her. The young girl may not have understood exactly what happened, but she did understand that magic had torn her away from her parents. Her aunt tried hard to raise the girl like any other muggle, but it was hard for her, because she had become so reliant on using magic. But two years later, Arabella's aunt fell deathly ill, no one could figure out what was wrong with her, leaving Arabella with no one to care for her. After a few years of being moved around from place to place, she was finally put in Hogsmeade Children's home, where she has lived ever since.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Arabella was wondering around Godric Park, there wasn't much she could do on her own except watch the people. And that's exactly what she did. She sat on the wet grass under a tree watching some older children fly on their brooms. How she longed to fly. Her eyes drifted off to a younger girl, one about her own age, yelling at her brother to wait for her. "...Do you want to play?" she asked Arabella, almost yelling at her.
Arabella was taken aback, she didn't realize the girl could see her. "Sure, let's play. But I don't have a broom like you." she said carefully, not know what this girl would do to her if she said the wrong thing. "What do you want to play?" she asked, hoping that at the end of this the two of them would be friends.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

Charles Kedding

(26/01/2015 at 17:53)
  • Adult
  • C10D6T7S10
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile

Dear Arabella,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted!

Your admission is to our Elsewhere boards, where our adult and child characters explore the many places we have to offer; including Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. You will find many opportunities to play and enjoy the many boards we have for children of all ages! St Mungo's Orphanage and Hogsmeade Children's Home provide tons of opportunities for you to interact with others. We hope you have a great time!

Charles Kedding

Tags: