Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Magic levels and Valedictorian/Saledictorian  (Read 3903 times)

Dolos Deorum

(05/05/2016 at 10:47)
  • Child
    • View Profile
Okay, so I am a little confused by the whole level system, specifically regarding how you get levels after your graduation. I couldn't find any information on gaining levels for those who are not students, so I was wondering if anyone could perhaps explain that to me.

Another thing that confused me is the valedictorian/saledictorian thing. What exactly is it and how do you get it? What kind of effect does it have on your character if you get it? I really don't understand it, because we don't have anything like it where I come from.

Calypso Ross

(06/05/2016 at 21:27)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Dolos!

Elsewhere Adults are automatically granted 32 levels to distribute across Charms/Divination/Transfiguration/Conjuring&Summoning. Each term, they can also earn levels in other ways, the two most common being:
- Personal threads (maximum of two levels)
- Passing an Institution (one level per Institution)

The complete levelling form can be found here, it lists all the ways you can earn levels as an Elsewhere Adult.

Valedictorian and Salutatorian are specific to the castle, and are awarded to the top scoring students in each class. Valedictorians earn another magical level (for core classes) or another half-level (for electives). Salutatorians are awarded 10 house points. More details on the grading system can be found here.

I hope this helps! If you've got any more questions, feel free to PM me. c:
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Tags: