We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Lance Ravenfire Application  (Read 676 times)

Lance Ravenfire

(27/09/2012 at 15:06)
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Institute

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:Lance Ravenfire

Birthday:May 3, 1960

Hometown: Colorado Springs

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): Third,Second

Biography:
I was learning magic ever since I was a year old. My dad works for the American Ministry of magic studying dragons. I have always had a knack for magic and my father says I am the most gifted person at magic he knows but I always suspect he's just trying to make me feel good. My wand, oh my wand. It is the most precious thing ever. My wand is 12 1/2 inches, Hazel, with a dragon core. It my most valued object I have next to my broomstick and my invisibility cloak. My mother works at gringotts handling money isues for all wizards. i also have two sisters, one has graduated from Salem and the other is only 10.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Society Request: Rook

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
"Lance!" His mother called,"I have a letter for you and it looks like it's from that magic school!" Lance Raced downstairs. Finnally he was going back! He came downstairs to read the letter. His eyes zoomed over the page so fast that he had to read it three times before it made seince. Once he finished reading the letter he hugged his mother and ran back upstairs to his Salem trunk. He packed his broomstick, he took out all his books from last year and then continued packing. Once he finished packing all he could he sat aginst his trunk and waited for his dad who would be taking him to Diagon Ally this afternoon to get the rest of his supplies. He looked around his room. There were very few things on the floor and Many posters of his society. He got up and layed on his bed. "I'm going back" he thought. He had always loved Salem, its old homes, its history, but most of all the school. He loved learning magic, tt just suited him. He thought of the qudditch pitch. He thought of all his classes and charms. He thought of all the diffrent parts of the castle. While he was thinking he heared a door open downstairs, the front door. He raced down the stairs two at a time and saw his dad. "I got the letter again" Lance said. "Great, lets head to Diagon ally then shall we" His dad said. and with those words Lanced raced back upstairs to find his broom. → ABOUT YOU.

How did you find us?: Looking Online

* Raphaël Lecuyier

(28/09/2012 at 06:55)
  • Directeur-Adjoint
  • C20 D17 T12 S13
    • View Profile
Hey Lance!

Your application looks pretty good, but there are a couple things I'd like you to look over and alter before we can continue your application process.

1. Invisibility cloaks are extremely rare, and very valuable-- in the canon world, there is only one true cloak of invisibility, and it was passed down through a reputable pureblood family. Where did Lance get it? Why does he have one?

2. If Lance's mother works in Gringotts, it will mean that she has a pretty lengthy commute to work, as Gringotts is in London. I don't think that we have an American counterpart at this time in our canon. Perhaps tweak her occupation a little bit? If you choose not to, please expand your biography to include how Lance might feel about his mother commuting to London on a regular basis.

3. Your roleplay is very creative, and we value creativity very much! However, there was a set prompt which accompanied the application to be completed with it:

You come across this post on the site. Please as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions!

What were partner projects about anyway?

Simon wasn't a loner, but he loathed any type of assignment that required him to team up with anyone. In his book, the only truly trustworthy student was himself. So naturally, when he'd been instructed to team of with a classmate and turn in a research report on the Muggle-American Civil War, Simon had been rather disappointed.

The library that afternoon was deserted aside from Simon and his partner. Before them lay a plethora of textbooks. Wars: Old and New by Kevin Torvalt. When You Say Civil... by Emma Jean. Each book was old and worn even more than the last. In a way, it was almost impressive that the books had lasted this long and still been put to such good use. Simon figured that there weren't many things for which that could be said.

Simon leafed through a copy of Understanding America by Harvey Wires, sighing heavily as each page flipped over on top of itself. He wondered what the student next to him was thinking. He was thinking that this was a drag. These books were probably boring beyond belief, despite their interesting appearance. The library was stuffy from the heat outside. Finally growing too bored from the text, Simon slammed the book shut and sat upright.

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?"

Please revise your roleplay response with a reply to the given prompt.

Thank you for your patience and your cooperation!

- Raffy
I will love you in the morning if you love me tonight

Tags: