We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Serena Rose  (Read 798 times)

Serena McCormick

(21/08/2014 at 06:15)
  • Muggle Studies Professor & Owner of Rosebud Learning Center
  • C21D8T19S20
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Serena Rose

Birthday: August 30

Hometown: New York City, New York, US

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two): 4th/5th

Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

The Rose family comes from New York City, USA. Alan Rose was a hard working journalist who fell in love with an enchanting woman, Julia Eden, who, incidentally, turned out to be a witch. They married in a quiet ceremony with a few friends, as they both had no family left. But they started their own by having two children. Alan Jr. came first and, four years later, Serena. As they grew, they both showed signs of possessing the gift of magic. They were both accepted and attended a school dedicated to magic located somewhere, no one knew precisely where, in Central United States. Things were going great for the Rose family. Alan Jr. was going to be entering his final year in school with the hopes of moving on to someday teach. Serena, less clear of her own path, danced around her options. They had a wonderful family. Then tragedy struck. Alan Jr. was killed in a New York City riot. Always a peacekeeper, he had been trying to calm the tides down and break up the riot. It was his final act. Alan, Julia, and Serena were left with missing pieces in their hearts. They spent some time grieving, and tried their best to move on. A year passed and when Alan was offered a journalism job in England, he accepted after a brief discussion with his wife and daughter. They moved in the warm summer months and adjusted to the new culture. Serena was enrolled in a local Academy and ready to start at her new school. One afternoon, sitting outside by the small pond in her backyard, she got a pleasant surprise when a barn owl swooped down and dropped a letter in her lap: A letter of acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This was truly a great way to begin her new life in this new place.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Gryffindor

Personality: Serena is full of spunk. An extrovert, she’s not afraid to approach new people and new situations. She’s friendly, but there is a hardened edge in her. She’s got a temper, and is quicker to speak than she is to think, often getting her into trouble. Catch her at her best, and she is a quick friend. Catch her at her worst, and it is best to leave her alone. Her mother sometimes tells her her tongue can leave a worse mark than her wand can. She enjoys writing, acting and comedy. She’ll never be an athlete because of her two left feet.

Appearance: Serena has long blonde hair that falls in curls to the middle of her back. She’s average height at 5’5”, and medium build. She has sky blue eyes, with a reddish-gold ring around the pupil.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

Serena gave a slight jump as the boy shouted at her. It took her a few seconds to regain composure, and she narrowed her eyes at him. She crossed her arms over her chest and took in his muddied appearance, and eyes slick with tears.

“I’m sorry,” she tilted her head to the side, “I’m fresh out of film. I could, however, play you a song on my tiny violin to aid in the melodrama you’re creating.”

She ran her hand through her hair and considered the boy. “Okay, so you had a terrible game,” She rested her hand on his shoulder and gave him a light pat, “But if you wanted it to be all sunshine and daisies, you probably should have joined Herbology club.” With the slight shrug of a shoulder, she passed James and walked down the hallway.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):

How did you find us?: Google!

Isabelle Valentine

(21/08/2014 at 23:58)
  • Youth Case Worker
  • C12D6T17S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Practical
    • View Profile

Ms Rose,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 September 2014. Currently, students have gathered for Summer at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Sincerely,
Isabelle Valentine
Head of Ravenclaw
It's time to begin, isn't it?
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit --

I'm just the same as I was
(I'm never changing who I am)
♦♦♦

Tags: