Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Zedric Flair  (Read 939 times)

Zedric Flair

(15/01/2015 at 02:58)
  • Auror & Informant
  • C16D21T13S12
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Zedric Flair.
Blood Status: Pureblood.

Education: 
Charm School [age: 6-11]
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hufflepuff, Class of '31

Residence:
Hayes Manor, Windermere, Cumbria, England

Occupation
Ministry Auror

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
He will have been working at the Ministry since graduating from Hogwarts, ideally.

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 8.
  • Divination: 8.
  • Transfiguration: 8.
  • Summoning: 8.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Paula F Klein, Chartreuse Greene, Donald Moore (Greene).

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Zedric Flair was born into a pureblood family. His parents were disgusted when he was pulled out of the womb. They wondered what curse had been thrown upon them that he would crawl out of his mother as a dwarf. His family was full of strong men and women. Zed was struck down with bad luck from the beginning.

He was picked on by his siblings at an early age. His parents would occasionally forget him when they'd go no family trips. His teachers and classmates at Charm School helped him feel like he fit in. There were still the standard dwarf jokes tossed about at him, but for the most part, he felt like school was a good thing.

He excelled in school; although, at Hogwarts, he was never valedictorian of his year. His friend group consisted of some of the Greene and Greenberg families, as well as other not so nobly born or good-looking wizards and witches.

Relationally speaking, he didn't date anyone until after he graduated. He was once engaged to a woman, but he broke it off when he discovered she had been cheating on him with a full grown man.

He has been dedicated to his job at the Ministry. One day, he aspires to teach at Hogwarts, a school known for being open minded.

He's a bit of a snippy, insecure adult, as could be expected. He wants a family, but he's a little unsure if he'll actually find love. He's a little judgmental, due to the family he grew up in and the disapproving attitudes he has felt from many strangers and acquaintances.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
Zedric Flair was in no particular rush. He was exhausted from a hard morning's work. They had gotten word of a dark witch on the run from the law, hiding out in Diagon Alley. Every clue he followed led him to dead ends. Needless to say, he was not excited to finish his lunch break. He was used to getting shoved this way and that in large crowds. As a dwarf, he had experienced more headbutts than he cared to remember. Not the head-to-head kind of headbutts, either.

Just after getting pushed back by a rather large posterior in front of him, the crowd opened up. A streak of heavenly fire red filled the sky.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!”

It was a woman. A woman with brilliant hair, tumbling down to his level. He waited to see if anyone else was going to help her out. After ten or twelve regular sized people passed her by, he stepped up to where she was. "My lady, I do not know if I'll be of much service, but are you alright?" It appeared as if the only damage done was to her shoe and her pride.

He flicked his wand and silently casted Reparo, reattaching her heel quickly. "Here," he said with a smile. "Take my hand. Let me help you up. This street is filthy." He looked around and a brief face of disgust passed over his eyes. "I'm Zedric Flair, Auror...and, pardon my ignorance... You would be?" His eyes took in her face and hair. She was quite gorgeous. He didn't have that high of standards, so he never knew if that was saying much.

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation: Cassandra Chant

Charles Kedding

(15/01/2015 at 16:01)
  • Adult
  • C10D6T7S10
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile

Dear Mr Flair,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has been accepted!

Your admission is to our Elsewhere boards, where our adult and child characters explore the many places we have to offer, including Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. You will find many opportunities for employment for adult characters, including the Ministry of Magic for you folks interested in politics. Or the Daily Prophet, if gossip and rumors are more your style.

Please check in with the Ministry for your Auror position, I'll hold off giving you a title so you can get the appropriate one.

Thanks!

Charles Kedding

Tags: