We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Paula F Klein  (Read 902 times)

Paula F Klein

(24/04/2014 at 00:43)
  • Secretary In Training
  • C10D7T10S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Paula F Klein.
Education: Hogwarts: Hufflepuff Class of '40.
Residence: London.
Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management? No.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 8.
  • Divination: 7.
  • Transfiguration: 9.
  • Summoning: 8.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site: None active.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Growing up in Portsmouth, I never really felt like I fit in. I bet you get that a lot. Yeah, I had a few friends, but I always felt ...  different. I wasn't always a super model. I suffered from childhood obesity, although I wouldn't say I was suffering. I quite enjoyed myself. However, some of the meaner kids at school dubbed me Portly Paul. "Portly," due to my weight and being from Portsmouth. And "Paul," well, because my mum used to cut my hair, and it was always a wee bit too short, which tended to make me look like a boy.

Mum (Virginia) is a loving gal. She has always tried to overcompensate for my pop's lack of attention to me. Usually when I go home to visit, she buys me things or bakes me treats, which didn't help my weight problem. She never really seemed to achieve greatness in her life, and she kind of lived through me. I like her alright. I can talk to her about anything, especially since she is a pretty passive listener. She doesn't like to stir the water, which pop likes. 

Pop (Ernest) works a lot of overtime as a manager of a local market. He doesn't know much about me, but he seems to really enjoy spending time with my older brother, Gene. He also likes football, and I think he despises that mum bought me things a lot. 

Gene is my older brother. He's pretty nice to me; although, he doesn't stand up for me at school. Kids will call me names or just blatantly make fun of me, but he'll just act like he doesn't hear. He plays football, but he's not particularly good at it. I'm also pretty sure he has a crush on a boy. I can't prove that, though. He's married, but he's not really interested

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
Paula F Klein wasn't in much of a hurry. In fact, she rarely was. Most of her friends from school had moved to interesting places or worked intense occupations. Paula lived by herself near Diagon Alley and was trying to find work as a photographer. She had no reason to hurry. She thought she might go door-to-door, offering her services to some of the stores to which she had become quite faithful.

This would have been a grand plan, but her first stop was The Ice Creamery. Paula had lost quite a bit of weight since the days of being dubbed "Portly Paul." Maybe it was her slow puberty process that kept her thinner than she could have been. Whatever the case had been, many more stops into food shoppes like this would quickly add grams to her gams.

After eating more than her fill of creamed ice snacks, Paula made her way out into the cold, snowy alley. She wasn't too sure of where to go next. Her brain power quite possible had been frozen solid. She began idly walking back towards home.

"Coming through! Coming th---arrgh!"

Paula felt something hit the back of her head. It was ridiculous. She fell forward. Her arms weren't prepared for such a speedy journey and were, therefore, unable to make it up in time to prevent her face and body from colliding with the ground.

I am so sorry! This blasted snow!"

Paula modestly lounged with her face on the ground, arms stuck under her not-so-daunting girth. "M'it's m'okay," she mumbled. Slowly, she rolled about, until she got to her side. Putting her arms out, she tested their mobility. "Ahhh, yes. They're working, still."

She rose to her feet awkwardly, turned to the gentleman who had apparently given her the slip, and attempted to help him gather his belongings. "I'm Paula F Klein, good squire." Her teeth showed as her mouth began a smile.

OTHER
How did you find us? I was Paula F Klein a few moons ago.

Colours of the world
Spice up your life.

B. Llewellyn Thatcher

(27/04/2014 at 01:53)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Tags: