Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Gabriel Thomas -- Elsewhere Orphan  (Read 759 times)

Gabriel Thomas

(07/02/2018 at 23:03)
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Gabriel Jace Thomas

Bloodline:
Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggleborn/Squib

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
the deceased Betty and Jace Thomas

Residence:
Hogsmeade

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Hogsmeade's Children's Home

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Zo & Co.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Gabriel's life had been full of disappointment, since the day he had been born in America. Birthed to teenagers, the young boy had a rough road from the beginning. Jace and Betty had been deeply shocked, and somewhat confused, as he turned one and first began displaying his special abilities -- starting with the disappearance of his favorite blanket, which led to minutes of screams until it appeared again.

Just as they came to terms with the strange occurrences happening whenever their son was around, Gabe's parents were caught in a strange green fire that engulfed the house entirely, just as he was returning with his maternal grandmother. It was then that the two year old lived with Grandma Lynn for six years in England until she passed away due to a heart condition.

Seeing as how the woman was the last living relative of the Thomas', the young wizard was shipped off to an orphanage in Hogsmeade, away from everything he had ever known.

Once he turned 11, the boy had begun schooling at Hogwarts, landing himself in the house of lions, which he often prides himself on being.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
It was one of his favorite past times, going to the park and watching families. He was close to turning fifteen, supposed to be mature for his age, but it was getting harder and harder to find the sadness deep within when he thought of his family. A lonely orphan he was, even if he did have Piper and their friends. It wasn't the same as having parents to love him, and be proud of what he had accomplished so far.

As he sat on the bench, elbows on his thighs, Gabe watched the children play. The sight of kids sharing -- or rather not --brought a smile to his lips. He had always wanted a sibling, a real one, even though he did consider most of the kids in the orphanage his siblings, it just wasn't the same.

A voice interrupted his thoughts, and he shook his head to rid of the thoughts before shifting his attention to rather bratty child.

"Uhh, yeah, let's play."

moving from the bench, Gabe followed the little girl.

OTHER
How did you find us? Other

* Anneka Ivanova

(17/02/2018 at 15:57)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!

I do want to remind you that if you are planning on applying to Hogwarts in the future with this character, there is no guarantee he'll be sorted into Gryffindor, so keep that in mind in your threads.
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: