Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Taliesin Ellwood-Luxe | Elsewhere Adult  (Read 693 times)

Taliesin Ellwood-Luxe

(06/10/2018 at 20:44)
  • Social Work Administrator
  • C10D11S5T5
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Taliesin Alexander Ellwood-Luxe
Blood Status: Pureblood

Education: 
Hogwarts - Hufflepuff, 1936

Residence:
Yr Hendy. Ogmore-by-Sea, Wales, United Kingdom.

Occupation
Ministry, Department of Magical Social Affairs

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A

Requested Magic Levels:
Adult characters have 32 starting levels to distribute across these four categories (less levels can be used if you so desire, but no more than 32). The number of levels on the lowest ability must be at least half of the highest ability.

If you want levels above the usual 32 total, or a significantly uneven distribution of starting levels, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.

• Charms: 10
  • Divination: 11
  • Transfiguration: 5
  • Summoning: 5
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Ellwood-Luxe approved adoption!

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Linc Litch and Co~

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
It was summer, and on the cottage property of Yr Hendy, Taliesin smiled. It was a small thing, hidden in a scruffy length of beard that Gwendolen often wrinkled her nose up at when he leaned in for a kiss, but you could see it there, in the crinkled corners of his eyes. Luciana was laughing as she chased after the flowers her Papa had enchanted to fly around just teasingly out of her short reach. Alex and Catrin were helping their Ma pick the fallen fruit off the ground in the small orchard nearby; Tal could see his son if he leaned to the side of where he sat now, tossing a red gleam of apple high in the air.

A metal chime around the corner tinged its song as a light wind kicked up, tousseling the short locks of Taliesin’s dirty blonde hair and blowing the smoke from his cigarette up and away.

When Rasmus barked, then, it was a surprise. Tal looked over to find the golden lab at attention across the yard, looking over at the gated entryway that swung open. Considering they were not expecting any visitors, and that Yr Hendy was made unplottable many generations ago, the source of the intrusion could only mean one thing-- and that made Taliesin’s brow furrow, his smile dropping as he snuffed out his cigarette and stood.

“Luci, go help Ma now, okay?” he gently told his daughter, who smiled unquestioningly and skipped off toward the orchard. His feet moved automatically to Rasmus, who looked back at him anxiously with an indigent huff. Tal placed one hand on the old dog’s head to scritch just behind his ear, while his other hand lay casually in the pocket of his dress pants.

To say he was unhappy to see the two figures of extended family walk up his drive would have been an understatement. They nodded at one another, stiffly, as the two came to a stop a few feet before him. One of them held a hand out before them; empty, bare, palm up.

“Taliesin, before you--”

“I’m not interested,” he interrupted plainly, voice its usual low rumble but with a tired irritation tilting the words. His head cocked to the side, “How many times do I have to tell you this?”

“Until you pick a side,” this one’s words were pointed, harsh, slow and careful, “Cassius can’t keep--”

“I am not discussing this here. I’m sorry you traveled all this way for naught, but I’m sure you know the way out by now.”

“Taliesin--!”

“Good day.”

A huff of irritation, a stomp of a foot and a glare, and the two figures of family turned on their heels and stomped back out the gates. After a few feet, Taliesin heard the telltale crack of disapparation, and only then did he let his shoulders relax, let the breath out he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

“What did they want?” Gwen’s voice picked up just behind him, and he turned to see her approaching while the kids, laughing, ran around the house obliviously. The wind had picked up a few stands of her hair, whipping the loose around her face, the light shining concern in her eyes.

“Same thing they always want, and I told them the same thing I always do,” A strained smile, and he reached out to wrap his arm around his wife’s shoulders. Together they headed back to their cottage, the dog trotting along at their heels.

It was summer, the sun was shining brightly, and all would be well at Yr Hendy-- Taliesin would see to that.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option Two -
The snow had been falling steadily all morning and it didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. Joshua Campbell scrunched his face up in a frown as he lifted his gaze to look to the sky. Snow. It really was quite a bother.

And it certainly didn't make it better that Diagon Alley seemed to be getting more and more crowded. Joshua sighed and pointed his wand at the large box that was currently placed on the doorstep of his shop. He had to get going. He had an order to deliver.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The elderly man muttered and watched the box hover in the air for a moment. Honestly, did St. Mungo's really need that much tinsel? And with glitter of all things? He sighed again. If it hadn't been for the rather convincing stamp on the order, he would have been likely to believe it had been a prank by one of those orphaned rascals living up there. 

Oh well, there was no point in waiting. Joshua deftly stirred the box down the doorstep and out onto the street, carefully levitating it above the heads of the crowd.

"Coming through! Coming through!" His voice sounded over the chatter of the crowd. "Keep out! Move ahead! Go on!" This was going way too slow. People were in the way and walking like they had all day! He huffed. Luckily the road was down hill.

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Roleplay Response:
With the collar of his thick wool coat turned up and his nose buried in the soft golden knit of a particularly lumpy but well loved looking scarf, Taliesin shuffled his way along the street and into the rest of the Diagon Alley masses. Perhaps the more efficient means of travel would have been to floo or apparate but, on this day, he was on a mission of sorts-- to pop into the various shops along the way that had expressed earlier interest, and collect their donated gifts.

Tal had been to a few already, the box he held already half-full of pre-wrapped boxes and small goody bags and stuffed toys. The turn out was wonderful thus far, and he only had a few more shops to stop at before he could call it a day. He turned a corner, hesitating at a slick patch of ice he found before shuffling around it and heading down--

"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!"

Someone, it seemed, had been not as lucky or perceptive. Turning around, he was met by a very flustered looking man covered in a tinsel that Tal, too, seemed to have picked up a few strands of on his person in the accident.

"For Merlin's sake! I am so sorry! This blasted snow!"

“It’s quite alright, quite alright,” Taliesin replied in his quiet, gravely tones, plucking his bearded jaw out of the warm bundle of scarf to be better heard. Mirroring the other’s apologetic smile and setting his own box down, Tal reached to start gathering the strands that had fallen on and around him, “Let me help you with that, eh? Somethin’ that nice shouldn’t go decoratin’ the ground.”

OTHER
How did you find us? Angels.

* Anneka Ivanova

(09/10/2018 at 00:51)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: