We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Mjolnira (Nara) Elipton  (Read 955 times)

Mjölnira Nara Elipton

(15/04/2014 at 21:26)
  • Third Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
Application  for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Mjölnira (Nara) Elipton

Birthday: February 14

Hometown: Salem, Massachusetts, USA

Bloodline: Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): 3 or 4

Biography: Growing up in Salem, her family always had to be secretive. The Eliptons were a “unique” bunch. They were one of the few that survived the years of the witch hunt. Their use of magic greatly diminished during that time and everything they did was under the radar, in secret. Everyone in town knew that the Eliptons were outstanding citizens. There was no way these people were not mundane because they did everything a muggle would and they did it even better. Their right to live in Salem was rightfully earned. The Eliptons were likable; they were kind and helpful. Their house was a little out in the country and they still managed their jobs in the city well. They still kept to themselves, somehow.

The Halifaxs were another family that survived the witch hunt. The two girls of the families were great friends. Mjölnira and Valencia were best friends. Mjölnira received a Hogwarts letter. Everyone was surprised and puzzled that letters only came to Mjölnira. They were confused because they didn’t associate themselves with any outsiders, whether or not they were magical. They made an effort to stay away from other magical beings. Nobody knew they were magical and they didn’t know anyone else that was magical. Hogwarts was the only magical school they had ever heard of, since they tried very hard to close themselves off from the magical world.

They went to normal muggle schools but their families educated them in the magical arts. The secrets of their abilities were just that, secrets. Their parents gave them adequate education in magical arts and they knew eventually the girls needed to either attend a magical school or they would need to make acquaintances with another magical being. Although the girls’ education was alright in terms of spell and charms, they were unable to give them proper education in magical history. They were taught about Salem and its history with witches but they couldn’t teach them about anything else. Certainly not anything magical about other countries and places. Mjölnira cannot wait to start the term, but she is apprehensive about whether or not British people can pronounce her name. Curse her (not really! That would be lethal) parents for liking Norse Mythology. Perhaps she’ll just use her nickname, Nara.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Personality: Mjölnira has a sweet disposition but do not anger her. Her wrath is not to be messed with, it is an icy fury. There is nothing, short of inflicting physical pain, that she wouldn’t do to avenge herself or others. She has a tendency to be selfish. Everything that belongs to her is hers and no one else is allowed to touch them. Essentially, do not cross her path. If you don’t and are in her good graces, then you are in luck because she is a saint to her acquaintances/friends.

Appearance: Mjölnira has strawberry platinum blond hair. She is always seen wearing fashionable clothes. Slender build with lean muscles, she excels in multiple muggle athletics her favorite is soccer. Her eyes are a curious shade of blue, like ice; they are icy colored. Her height is roughly 5’3”, a rather average height

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Mjolnira walked into the Great Hall and was surprised at the level of intense stares at one boy in particular, James. The game was an unfortunate event for him and his house. Surprisingly the entire school is in an uproar, they were either staring at him with glee or great dislike. It seems that he had enough of all the staring and he got up and stormed out the halle. Mjolnira felt bad. She wanted to see if he wanted to talk, because it seems like he does. She got up and went after James. Following behind him they arrived in a quieter hallway and suddenly he rounded on her. "WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"
To say Nara was shocked would be an understatement. She was absolutely taken aback by his attitude. Sure everything probably gnawed at him, but for him to give her such a response was appalling.
“Hey! No need for that attitude mister. I understand things are probably really tough for you. I honestly just wanted to see how you were doing and see if you wanted to talk because talking helps sometimes. Jeeez. That’s what I get for trying to be nice.” She looked at James with a mixture of distaste and pity. He didn’t deserve all this talk, people make mistakes it happens. She started to think that this was a mistake and that clearly James didn’t need anyone. She turned and started to leave, not before saying “When you learn to suck it up and keep your head up high, I’ll talk to you then. Otherwise just being in your presence of self-pity is detrimental to my own well-being. Good day to you.” Good day, yea. She did that on purpose.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): n/a

How did you find us?: google search

« Last Edit: 16/04/2014 at 19:21 by Mjölnira »

Daniel Marcus Reed

(16/04/2014 at 12:23)
  • Dragon Research & Restraint Bureau - Trainee
  • C13T8D7S9
    • View Profile
Hello Mjolnira and welcome to HS.net!

Your application is looking off to a great start, but before we can accept it, there're just a few things I need you to address.

Firstly, we ask that your account consists of both your character's first and last name (Mjolnira Elipton) and any middle names if you wish to include those too. If you submit a helpdesk ticket here, we'll be happy to help you change it!

Secondly, you are mentioning that Mjolnira lives in USA. As USA in our universe has magical schools of their own, the natural thing for Mjolnira's parents would be to send her there. I'm curious to know why they would choose to send her to Hogwarts. Do they have family in England perhaps? Or are they thinking the academic standards are better there? Or something completely different?

Furthermore, you are hinting that Mjolnira is dangerous and could possibly hospitalize someone else. As Mjolnira is only a young girl, please keep our magical guidelines in mind when roleplaying. You might also wish to take a second look at our site rules and rating.

Lastly, you are also mentioning that Mjolnira colours her hair. In that connection, please keep in mind that we still ask our members to stick to natural colours and keep in mind that the site is set in the 1940s. Thank you!

If you could please address these things, we'll be happy to take another look at your application. Once again, welcome to the site!

- Daniel Reed
Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
And face it all together

Mjölnira Nara Elipton

(16/04/2014 at 19:15)
  • Third Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
To Daniel Reed,
I mentioned in the biography section that they were very secretive and they tried to close themselves off from the magical world. I'm about to add they Hogwarts was the only magical institute that they'd ever heard of. 
If there is anything else that you feel I need to change after I've made the edits please tell me. To clarify, I may only have one character (student) at a school yes?
Thank you for telling me I needed to make some changes.
~Mjolnira Elipton
« Last Edit: 16/04/2014 at 19:20 by Mjölnira »

Collin OReilly

(18/04/2014 at 03:49)
  • 42nd Battalion - Captain - Head of Nursing Corps
  • C15D10T13S8
    • View Profile
Miss Elipton,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Collin O'Reilly,

Yes, you are only permitted one student character at Hogwarts, however you can choose to use your Gringrotts points to buy a second one.
The Wizard's Alliance
SUPPORTING FAMILIES SINCE 1938

Tags: