Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Romenos Lauridsen | Elsewhere Adult  (Read 822 times)

Romenos Lauridsen

(02/01/2018 at 03:35)

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Romenos Lauridsen
Blood Status: Pureblood

Education: Hogwarts - Slytherin '40

Residence: Permanent residence is in Wales, has several apartments scattered throughout.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 10
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Summoning: 7
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Hoppy, et al.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Christmas Eve, 1930

"The yellow one."

"Yellows are mine, pick again."

"Then the blues, and if you make me pick again, I’ll shout for Mother."

"Oh, alright, you big baby."

The boys smiled at each other, eyes twinkling in merriment, rosy cheeks ripe with the turn of age. They were growing quickly; the youngest of the two finally outgrowing the need to cry out at every indignation his elder brother threw at him. They’d long ago learned that cooperating got them further than depending on the singular and typically tyrannical help of their parents, especially when it came to the delicacies they hid in their pockets.

"That dumb Petunia's following us around again."

Carlisle, the older one, prodded his brother’s forehead with two fingers, a habit he’d picked up as a toddler and had never grown out of. Romenos hated it.

"She likes you. Girls act weird when they like you."

"Well, I certainly don’t like her."

Romenos sniffed down his nose at the mere thought of that Ugly Petulant (he wasn’t quite sure what “petulant” meant, but he’d heard his brother use it once before and he was the smart one) Petunia liking someone such as himself, someone far above her level. He’d heard she still slept with a blankie.

In that moment, Carlisle had never seen his younger brother look so much like their father. Something inside his young heart shriveled up at the thought because even at a mere twelve years of age he could tell there was something not right about the way their family acted. He was one of the rare ones; he could tell no difference between witches and wizards because of their skin color or lack of magic in their families. A "bloodline" was nothing more than a theory, and, just like they taught him in Charms, theories held room for speculation and discussion. It was not this definite sword that hung above the heads of those less fortunate than himself.

And although he’d never dare to say this out loud, certainly not where his father could hear, Carlisle sometimes wished he himself weren’t so fortunate. Sometimes he wished he were a muggleborn, just like Gemma Reedings, the girl he fancied in his Potions class, just so he could have something to talk to her about.

"--and then she tripped and her cupcake landed on my trousers! Of all things, the twit--"

"Hey."

"--the girl, I mean--she can’t even walk on her own two feet!"

Carlisle could see his brother was exasperated, but the sight of his tiny face scrunching up into such frustration for such a simple reason made him want to laugh.

"You know, the pureblood thing to do would be to get her a new cupcake. Not stomp on it and then stomp away. You didn’t even help her up, and she’s a girl."

"Y...you saw that?"

"So did mother. Why do you think we’re hiding out under here?"

The jellybean Romenos swallowed at that exact moment felt like sandpaper sliding down his tongue and the air underneath the table they were hiding under suddenly felt too hot.

"M-mother saw?!" Romenos squawked.

"Duh. You know how she sees everything. But don’t worry, I told her I’d bring you to her, so she wouldn’t go looking for you herself." The youngest Lauridsen son sat there mouth agape, while the elder one settled further into his smugness. "You’re welcome."

Romenos bowed his head in acquiescence, surrendering to his brother’s superior thinking, shame coating his cheeks a new tinge of pink. He murmured his thanks and cursed himself for his stupidity (stupidity for allowing his mother and brother to catch him in the act, not because of his actions).

But another quick jab to the forehead and the brothers dissolved into giggles, all misery forgotten. Everything was once again right in the world.

Later, once all their guests had gone, their mother found them huddled beneath the wine table surrounded by the wrappers of their indiscretions. They were sound asleep with small, content smiles littering their faces, wholly unbothered by what was to come.

Roleplay: 
Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red-headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
If nothing else, he admired her tenacity. Taking on the entirety of London during the lunch rush was no small feat. She was alone in her endeavor, too. Alone and motivated and a touch frantic (spazzy came to mind first), nevertheless he had to give it to her.

There weren't many people he thought would take such an approach to their work. (And by that he meant there weren't many people he knew that would volunteer to scream at bystanders in their lunch hour.) Though if it paid the bills, who was he to judge?

Then, without warning, she unraveled, and Roman quite literally spat out his coffee. From his standing position outside the tiny cafe, his laughter rang clear across the street.

"Oi, doll, you've got to give yourself more credit than that!"

Where had her strength gone? The woman of fifteen seconds ago would've pulverized what was left of her heel and continued on one-footed.

"Just keep still for a moment--hey! Stop your wailing! I'll get it in a moment."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

Calypso Ross

(02/01/2018 at 15:37)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hey, Romenos!

Your app looks great, there's just one thing we'll need you to edit before we can get you accepted.

Seeing as Romenos had already been apped/played at the castle in previous terms, he isn't eligible for the 32 automatic Elsewhere Adult levels -- you'll need to use our Castle Dropouts system instead. Seeing as he never claimed his levels for 5th year, you can add 6 levels (2 levels per missed levels request) to your current levels, which are: C6D4T5S5.

If you could let me know below what you'd like your levels to be (no need to repost your whole app), we can get you accepted ASAP. If you've got any questions about Castle Dropout levels, feel free to me PM me. Thanks!
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Romenos Lauridsen

(02/01/2018 at 18:32)
Sorry about that!

Can I have them be C10D5T6S5?

Calypso Ross

(04/01/2018 at 09:57)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Accepted!

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Tags: