Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: (Re-app) Heddwyn Gerallt Cadwallader  (Read 727 times)

Heddwyn Cadwallader

(25/12/2014 at 13:26)
  • Second Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
He was a firstie Ravenclaw last term, but for personal reasons I had to take a break until after the recurring student thread. Oops! I think I'll have more time this year.

I've been told this is the way to do it-
I will copypaste last year's app below. Let it be noted that I'm not applying for a firstyear, but a secondyear this time. If I need to write a new app, I will happily do so. ^^

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name:
Heddwyn Gerallt Cadwallader

Birthday:
27-02-1931

Hometown:
Carmarthenshire, Wales

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two):
Second

Biography:
The young Cadwallader stood in the living room of the family home, examining the letter he held in his hands.  Should he open it already? Or should he wait until someone returned? It seemed like no decision in his family was ever made without going over the options, and apparently that was contagious- as Heddwyn had a hard time deciding as well. It was just one of many characteristics that he had learnt from the people around him.

Being born and raised in the pureblood family, Heddwyn had known that the letter would come eventually. After all, 1931 was now eleven years ago. It was no secret that this was the age where school started, and yet he stood there staring at the letter, addressed to him, that had been delivered only a few moments ago. It felt special. As if it were the start of a new part in his life.

He looked around the room for a moment, before deciding to open the letter. His father had gone to work and his mother didn’t seem to be around right now either- And hey, it was addressed to him! Two dull greenish eyes eagerly moved from side to side, absorbing the information that was written on the parchment. He found it disappointing; it wasn’t nearly as interesting as he’d hoped… It had only confirmed what he was thinking. The second page wasn’t much better either, as it turned out to be a shopping list- One that his parents would have seen a few times before by now. He’d just wait for one them to get home to discuss it later.

Exciting, though! Especially after hearing stories of activities at Hogwarts from his siblings... He placed the letter in the center of the table, where it would be easy to spot, and went away to do something else. He could hardly wait!

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
House Request:
I have received word that Catwallaby's are typically Ravenclaws but if you think he doesn't fit, surprise me!

Personality:
Heddwyn tends to be a nice person, interested in the well-being of others and willing to make new friends. In conversation he's friendly and confident, but also quite stubborn and not afraid to stay with his own ways and opinions, which sometimes makes him a bit eccentric. On top of that, he will not give up on his goals easily. Even though he is unlikely to take another opinion over his own, Heddwyn is also open-minded, always willing to listen to someone else's opinion.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
(Option 1)

Cheering and celebrating, chanting and chatting. Everyone was having a good time in the Great Hall, it seemed, and there was a nice party going on. Voices had to be raised to make oneself audible over the noise, and in the middle of them, the boy was discussing the latest match.

Of course, Heddwyn had been present to view the Quidditch match as well, and he had enjoyed it a lot. It was such an interesting sport, after all! But unlike most of the spectators, Heddwyn hadn't really picked his side; He just was there just to see a good match. And the latest one had been good for sure, in his opinion at least.

And so, Heddwyn had went to the great hall just to chat about what he'd just seen. After all, Quidditch could be confusing at times, and others could have seen things that he'd missed, who knew? But that, too, got old eventually and that was when he decided to go back to the much less crowded dormitory.

As he left the Great Hall, he noticed he wasn't the only one leaving. Only a short distance in front of him, another person was walking away, wearing a uniform that could only belong to one particular place. A Quidditch player, then, from the losing team. But just before he wondered what this person was doing here, they suddenly turned around.

"WHAT! Haven't you ever seen a loser before? Why don't you just take a picture!"

Whoa! That was unexpected. Then again, it had to be depressing, losing like that, and yelling back would only make things worse. The person- James, if he remembered corrdectly from the match- was upset and frustrated, it seemed. Who wouldn't be? He took just enough time to carefully pick his words, but tried to avoid letting an awkward silence take over. "I was just going back to the dorms..." Heddwyn defended, but knowing that being defensive would make it worse, he'd add to the sentence: "I think you did great."

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
Finny Summers

* Calla Douglass

(27/12/2014 at 22:41)
  • Adult
  • C14D11T27S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile

Mr Cadwallader,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 January 2015. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Calla Locksley
Head of Hufflepuff
I can only give you everything I've got.

Tags: