Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Application | | Elsewhere Child | | Lysander Stone  (Read 704 times)

Lysander Stone

(11/10/2018 at 16:24)
  • Trainee Auror
  • C15D20T12S17
  • Player of the Week Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Lysander Stone

Bloodline:
Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggleborn/Squib

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Not played characters. Separated.
Father is a muggle motor mechanic. Mother is a Floo Network regulatory officer.

Residence:
A small flat in wizarding London.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
No active characters. Formerly played Elias Egneus, Orion Greenwood, and Dorothy Dowd.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Lysander lives with his mum, but he likes dad better. Dad always lets him stay up late and play with other kids in the street. Not that anyone asked him.

Lysander prefers simple pleasures - fishing and listening to the radio and playing rugby. Having grown up in the muggle world, wizarding britain and its customs are unfamiliar to him. While he isn't a rule breaker per se, he has a habit of getting caught up in having a good time and forgetting that rules exist.

Lysander dresses in the comfortable clothing of muggle children - denim jeans and cotton t-shirts.

Those responsible for his gradeschool education saw a clever but unfocused boy, unmotivated to succeed but content to keep minimum pace in all areas of schoolwork.

With his mother's decision to leave his father in the aftermath of the explosive events of recent years, Lysander has been homeschooled in numbers and language. His mother forbid him to contact the muggles of his former life.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
It was an accident. He didn't mean to knock over nothin'. Not that mum ever listened about that sort of stuff. Mum never listens about nothin'.

Lysander huffed, kicking a rock with the toe of his worn sneakers. It skidded along and made some impressive distance before coming to a halt. He glanced about, spying another rock and making his way to it.

It was just some stupid glass ball. She cared about the stupidest things. Sometimes it seemed as if she just liked being loud and red-faced. Lysander took solace in the fact that it couldn't be double broken. He was safe from ever breaking it again ever. Maybe if mum could see his point of view she wouldn't be so mad.

He kicked rock #2. It glided along the paving and past a girl, standing there all cooty-infested and frumpy. She had unseated herself from one of the flying witch brooms (like what mum drove), and then hollered at him. Asking him if he wanted to play.

It took him off guard. No one in the magic world ever spoke to him. And they definitely didn't ask him to play. This was new territory. Uncharted.

He cleared his throat.

"Do you have a ball or something?"

Did magic people even play ball games?   

OTHER
How did you find us?
I think google originally?

* Anneka Ivanova

(15/10/2018 at 23:49)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!