Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Aaron Herondale  (Read 830 times)

Calypso Ross

(08/09/2013 at 11:49)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character Name: Aaron Herondale

Education: 
Hogwarts [11-17 years of age]

Residence:
Wizarding London

Shopkeeper

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please fill out and submit the Special Request form here.
  • Charms: 11
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 10
  • Summoning: 6
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Cveta Lijjana Milic; she is his wife.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Calypso Galanis, Gabriel Winchester.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

Son to an Englishman and his Malaysian wife, Aaron spent the first seven years of his life growing up on the family’s estate with his parents. His mother’s sudden death came as a shock to both his father and himself, causing the pair’s relationship to become tense and infused with frequent fights. It was with pleasure that Mr Herondale dropped Aaron off at Platform 9 and ¾ on 1st September, the year that he finally turned eleven. Like his father, he was a Slytherin, though the memory of his Muggle mother only stained his bloodline, at least in his fellow housemates’ eyes. At seventeen, he left with a full set of qualifications, but that same year was the one in which he lost his second parent. Orphaned, but technically of age, Aaron sold his father’s estate; the home that had not served him happy memories for over a decade. With the money, he opted to visit his mother’s birth country, still unsure with what he wanted to do with his life.

He spent the next seven years with his mother’s family, helping to run their family business. It was only a small shop, but it was successful, and he revelled in the social interaction he got with the customers; he’d always been outgoing, and shopkeeping allowed him the pleasure of talking to others whilst earning money. At the age of twenty five, he decided he had earned a well-deserved break. With his cousin, they set off on a cruise, determined to see the sights of the world together. It was then that his life changed.

Aboard the cruise was a girl, only three years younger than he. Cveta Lijjana Milic. That was her name, and she changed everything, when she approached him as they pulled into Rome’s docks. They spent the rest of the journey together, much to his cousin’s frustration, and when the ship docked in England’s harbours, they didn’t return to their fellow cruise members at the allocated time. They didn’t return at all. The pair stayed in London, and Aaron persuaded Cveta to open a shop with him. Eight years later and they were still together, happily married and living above the shop he’d always dreamed of owning.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:

Aaron glanced upward automatically as the bell tinkled another customer’s arrival. The shop was busy, considering it was nearly nightfall, and he wasn’t sure how many more people the small room could take. But the figure who entered was clearly not a customer. It was a small child, and she looked distressed. He moved towards her, intent on rescuing the poor creature from the mass of adults that loomed overhead, but before he had the chance to do so, she was already tugging at the hem of his shirt.

Aaron watched with a mixture of confusion and amusement as she proceeded to reel off an explanation and a plea for help. The puffskein –Sambundinky, or some other ridiculously long-winded name – purred at him as he blinked back at the girl. “Okay, sweetheart.” The man’s voice was gentle as he offered the girl his hand as a replacement for the shirt hem. He’d always wanted children of his own, but Cveta had never been sure enough to want to try. “We’ll help you find your mummy. I’m sure you must miss her just as much as, er...” He trailed off, pointing helplessly at the puffskein. “...your friend.” He finished the sentence lamely, shaking his head.

“But it’s rather crowded in here, see. I can barely hear you. Why don’t you come to the front of the shop with me? My wife should be up there too, and she can get you a chair to sit down while we figure it out, hm?” He realised he was babbling, probably scaring the girl even more than she already had been, and he stopped abruptly, kneeling down to her height and gazing at her as he waited for her answer.

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation

Jane Montclaire

(08/09/2013 at 22:15)
  • Beauxbatons '40
  • C7D6T6S12
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Tags: