Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Gringott's Points - Cumulative?  (Read 1332 times)

Nancy Selridge

(08/03/2014 at 17:57)
  • Orphan
    • View Profile
So, as soon as I saw the whole Gringott's Points system, all my happy spreadsheet-loving impulses started twitching and I sat down to chart and track and calculate... everything, basically. I'm an Excel nerd.

Anyway, so while I was going through all this, a question occurred to me. It might not even ever apply to me, but my spreadsheets are just dying to know.

For the points incentives that have a varying number of possible points based on how much you do the activity, are those points cumulative? There's basically no non-confusing way to phrase that question, so here's an example of what I mean:

The following incentives are posted in the 'How to Earn Points at ELSEWHERE' thread:
  • Completing one institution thread at a place you don't work (+3 points)
  • Completing two institution threads at a place you don't work (+6 points)

So, say I've completed one institution thread. Yay me! That's three points. Then, by the end of this sentence, say I've completed another, because I'm apparently super-efficient, and this is sort of a run-on sentence. That's two institution threads I've completed, but I've already gotten three points for one of them.

My question is... Do I get an additional six points for completing two threads, making a total of nine, or is it three points for each of them, making a total of six for the two threads?

Charles Kedding

(08/03/2014 at 19:49)
  • Adult
  • C10D6T7S10
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile
Usually points will be calculated at the end of term, but your total would be six points for the two threads in Elsewhere. It goes by the highest total, not cumulative.  <3 Hope that answers your question!
« Last Edit: 08/03/2014 at 19:55 by Charles Kedding »

Nancy Selridge

(08/03/2014 at 23:25)
  • Orphan
    • View Profile
Perfectly, thank you!

Tags: