Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Piper Eden // Orphan  (Read 690 times)

Piper Eden

(02/02/2018 at 06:46)
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Piper Eden

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):  
Unknown, orphaned, lives with Naomi Jackson, a foster witch, when she isn’t running away.

Residence: 
Wizarding or Muggle London, depending

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
Nope.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Serena and Co

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Piper Eden is no stranger to moving around. If she wasn’t being shuffled around from orphanages and foster families, she was running away on her own accord, sometimes spending weeks at a time away from whoever was destined to take care of her at the time before being rounded up again and brought back to ‘The Home.’  Some people would say wasn’t fair for a young girl to have such a lack of stability.

But for Piper, it was just the way it was.

Even in her deepest memories, Piper has trouble drawing up an image of her parents, who died or left or abandoned her when she was only two. She can see them. In the one photograph she has of them. But she can’t see who they really were. Sometimes she wonders why she hold on to their keepsakes: the photograph, the bracelet, the ragged baby blanket. But she can’t let them go. Even though they let her go.

Piper lived in the muggle world for most of her life. Up until she turned 10, when a professor at Salem Institute came to tell her that she was, in fact, a witch, and that if she wanted to she could attend their school. Maybe it was a dream or a fantasy, but she took it. What else did she have to lose?

Her status as ‘Muggleborn’ proved difficult at times, but she was able to work with it. She had an issue with thievery —it was difficult being so poor and not having nice things was often draining— and it, and a handful of other misdeeds, eventually led to her expulsion from Salem at the end of her Third Year.

In 1952 a caring and patient Foster Mother, and witch, Naomi Jackson, took Piper under her wing, though Piper still resisted and ran away often. Street smart and crafty Piper was far too used to taking care of herself. But Naomi, who had British roots, moved her to England where she homeschooled her for her Fourth year and had Piper do community service through the Social Reconstruction Committee with the hopes that good behavior would gain the girl acceptance into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the next term.

Piper was leery, but she played nice.

For the time being.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Piper was not at the park to relax or play. No, she was supposed to be cleaning it up. And the worst part? She’d had her wand snapped when she left Salem. And since she wasn’t enrolled in another school, she wasn’t able to get a new one yet. So she was stuck doing things by hand.

Which wasn’t horrible. She’d spend most of her life doing things the muggle way. But she’d finally had a taste of magic and it would have been oh-so-tempting to just… summon all the trash towards her. Instead she was walking around carrying a trash bag and picking up gum wrapper and the occasional empty can.

The park wasn’t even terribly filthy. Nothing like the city streets. But Naomi sent her here for the day. Probably thinking it would be a nice little vacation from the usual grime.

Woop-de-fricken-do.

If Hogwarts didn’t want her after this community service, well, they could just suck it. She quit. It was torture. And the worst part was she wasn’t even getting paid.

“You!”

All too familiar with that greeting, she turned with the roll of her eyes, “Yeah?”

“…Do you want to play?”

Piper considered the small girl for a brief moment before— “Nah, I’m busy, ain’t I? Why don’t you move al—”

She caught sight of the girl’s toy broomstick. It wasn’t a real broom. But she could definitely get some cash for it, if she could get her hands on it…

“—ong. Actually! Yeah, let’s play a game. You ever played Hide-n-seek? How ‘bout you hide and I’ll come find you, yeah? But I’m real good so make sure you hide somewhere decent.”

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

* Anneka Ivanova

(05/02/2018 at 14:30)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: