We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: William McAllister  (Read 215 times)

William McAllister

(24/12/2017 at 09:01)
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: William McAllister

Birthday: January 25th 1941

Hometown: Kenmare, Ireland

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Transfiguration

Magical Weakness (pick one): Divination

Year (pick two): 1 and 3

Biography:
William McAllister is the youngest of 9 kids born to Elizabeth and Collin. His brothers and sisters, Phyllis and Quentin (fraternal twins), Kearney, Oliver ( known as Ollie), Alice, Johnathon, Faelina, and Patrick. Elizabeth is a stay at home mother and Collin works for the department of ministry. Phyllis and Quentin were both aurors when the dark lord first rose and they both fought valiantly and were awarded many medals. In what would be their final mission while in a duel with a dark wizard known as Yaxley, Phyllis was close to victory when she was attacked from behind. Mid duel with another dark wizard Quentin sacrificed himself and jumped,in from of the killing curse to save his sister. This sacrificed saved her life but the distraction caused her beautiful face to be forever scarred. She has since retired and generally keeps to herself and the family. All though she's quick to smile there is a sadness in her eyes that can't be denied. Kearney works with dragons and is currently in the arctic studying frost wyrms. Ollie is generally loved by everyone he meets and after graduating he opened a bar named The Singing Mandrake where he sells his personal alcoholic brew known as stultus animo or stupid courage. Alice recently quit her job working at the quibbler and started a career as a singer and She's doing pretty well. Johnathon has chosen a quiet life and owns a farm its rumored that he might be a werewolf and that's why he has chosen to live away from everyone. Faelina is a veterinarian for magical beasts and also runs a shelter for all sorts of animals. She is also an animagus. Patrick is still at Hogwarts and is on his 4th year. My family is very close and every christmas we all get together and have a feast. During this time we also always set a plate and load it with food for Quentin to honor his sacrifice. Williams family is both prestigious and wealthy. William will never forget the first time he caused a fright to some villagers on accident. Thank the heavens they didn't know it was him that caused the clock hands to start spinning rapidly, he had only wished that time would speed up so that christmas would come. William is a loyal and fun loving kid that truly enjoys learning about magic but his real passion is quiditch. William wants to be a star beater some day, an animagus and an auror to boot. A kid can dream can't he?
→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
William has a natural knack for transfiguration, Flying (shows great promise) and a natural love that goes both ways for animals.

House Request: Gryffindor

Personality: William loves to fly, the freedom it offers makes all of his stress fall away like the landscape below him. He truly enjoys school and learning but what kid doesn't enjoy playing. He can be a bit of a trickster but never in a demented way most often the "victims" of a prank is laughing just as hard as he is. He has a natural charisma and a good heart to go a long with it. He has a fear of spiders but deep down inside his biggest fear is to lose his family. On a good day William his the center of the party and caring on a bad day he tends to get grumpy and it has gotten him into a fight or two but he has always felt bad about it. He tries to be honest. He is fiercely loyal to friends and family and will always fight to defend them, but he would prefer it if everyone just got along.
Appearance:
William has brown hair with a reddish tinge. He is 5' 0" and weights 100 pounds which makes him slightly bigger than the average 11 year old. He is muscular but not brutish giving him a certain level of agility and grace. The only time he uses his stature against other kids is when hes playing quidditch in his familys back yard or wrestling with friends.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet travelled since her arrival at Hogwarts.
It's okay Evangeline we will do this together

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.
Seeing the nervousness on Evangelines face William swallows his insecurities and says with a smile: Hey i got a super fun idea. Lets learn these areas a bit and then pull a prank on the older kids. Teach them a lesson to challenge us.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.
Well now I know why the Slytherins are always in a foul mood. I would be too if I had to smell this every day!

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.
Seeing her shiver and the fear creeping back William says: That fire is gonna feel real nice when we get back , but not as nice as the faces of those girls and my brother when they fall for our prank. Speaking of that did you have in mind?

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.
Oh man what are we going to do when we are teasing the next group of 1st years?

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.
I bet you shes not even down here. My brother told me that ghosts tend to haunt the places they died at. Only one way to find out for sure though.
Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.
Hey did you hear that? Maybe some slytherin are coming. Quick find a spot to hide while I go check it out.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.
Or we can call out to them. HELLO! WHO'S THERE!

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"
Oh I've never met a ghost before. What should we ask her?

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.
Well I guess lets head back and congratulations you did it!

→ ABOUT YOU.
Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous):
Just this one that I'm applying for. William McAllister

How did you find us?:
I googled harry potter online rp.

* Calypso Ross

(27/12/2017 at 23:07)
  • Auror - Hit Witch
  • C25D22T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi William, welcome to the site!

Your application is coming along nicely, there's just a couple of things that you'll need to edit for us before we can get you accepted.

Firstly, you mention 'the dark lord' and 'Yaxley' at the beginning of your biography. In our universe, none of the events that occurred in the books between Harry and Voldemort have ever happened, and nor do most of these characters (including Yaxley) exist. It's fine for you to say that Phyllis and Quentin are Aurors, and that Phyllis died in a duel with a dark wizard, but you'll need to remove any references to Voldemort, Yaxley, or any part of the original Harry Potter plotline from your application.

For the same reason, you'll need to remove the reference to Alice quitting her job at the Quibbler, as the Lovegoods don't exist in our universe. You can always say that she worked at the Daily Prophet (an established paper in our universe) or invent another company instead.

Please also note that while it's fine for members of William's family to be what we consider 'special' characters e.g. a (rumoured) werewolf or an animagus, they would still need to submit a special request if you ever chose to play them/have someone else play them. It is not necessarily guaranteed that this request will be granted. You don't need to edit this, but it's something to bear in mind!

Finally, your RP sample will need a little more work. I see that you've responded to Evangeline's post in sections, rather than posting your response as one complete post. When we post here, we take turns posting. Evangeline would post her entire post, then you would post your response in a new reply, then she would post hers, and so on. It's much less confusing for the reader if you leave Evangeline's post as one whole post, and then write yours as one whole post in response, instead of in small sections between Evangeline's.

Here, we also RP in the past tense; you're currently writing in the present, so you'll need to edit this accordingly (e.g. 'William said/William did' rather than 'William says/William does').

Your response might also be considered powerplaying by some players. In your response, William seems to be responding to every thought that Evangeline has -- but of course, he couldn't possibly know everything that she's thinking! He can certainly assume, but chances are that he won't always be right. Instead of trying to respond exactly to everything that Evangeline has written, try instead to think about your own character. For example, why is William in the dungeon? Is he lost, or has he just had Potions class? Does he hear Evangeline before he sees her? Is he frightened when he hears her calling? If you focus on your own character and their thoughts, decisions, and actions, powerplay becomes much less likely.

If you'd like to look at some examples of how we typically respond to other players' posts here, please take a look at the sample applications and the roleplay responses there. They can be very useful in establishing a guide to our general style of RP, so you should aim to follow a similar way of writing (i.e. in one post, past tense, concentrating on your own character).

Once you've made the required changes, please repost your entire revised application below, and we'll be more than happy to take another look. If you need some help with your application or have any questions, please feel free to message myself or another administrator. Thanks!
You're just a little bit out of my limit
It's been two years now you haven't even seen the best of me
And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times
But it's almost over; Let's start over

Tags: