We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Andy Wagner for Care of Magical Creatures!: An Application  (Read 787 times)

Andrea Wommack

(01/12/2017 at 20:52)
  • Wand-for-Hire
  • C16D9T23S14
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character name: Andromeda (Andy) Wagner

Previous and/or Current Character(s) if applicable: Adrian Alric

Character age: 24; August 20th, 1928

Character education: Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Faked) [Actual Certificate comes from the MACUSA Department of Wizarding Education, or DEWEY.]

Strength and weaknesses (details please): Andy's greatest strength and, ultimately, her biggest weakness is her survivalist mentality. Although outwardly a giving and gracious person (at least, she inspires to be as such), she puts her needs far above anyone else. She thinks highly critically, prepared to defend herself on reflex. Still, she is a rather astute recognizer of people. Those skills, more than her magical or intellectual, help her get things done. Andy likes to think of herself as a natural "manager", getting people to do things for her is all-important when you lacked the means to provide for yourself.

Other generic strengths and weaknesses: She is better at Transfiguration than the other three forms of magic. Her forged specialties center around Magical Psychology, as well as ecology and magi-zoology. She has shown an aptitude for dealing with animals, both magical and non. She did so at Ilvermorny and used that experience as a means to find her current job in Britain.

Physical description: She stands at 5'5, weighing 115 pds. She has long, sleek hair that is occasionally transfigured into a bright, neon-like shade of red in order to stand out. Her father was wizard of prominent European stock while her mother was a muggle dancer of African-Brazilian descent. She has an athletic figure, tan skin, thin features, almond eyes, and a menacing thick-lipped smile that is part mischief and part mayhem.

Personality (nice, rude, funny etc. Paragraph please.): Brash, confident, and outspoken, Andy thinks everything in life is a bad joke. She is never one for learning new names. Sweet pet names have been more her style. At her core, she is a people-pleaser who would have been an easy sort into Hufflepuff. While her vocabulary is severely lacking, Andy does enjoy reading history and taking care of animals, no matter how hard each of those can be. Her life was not destined to be a simple one and her persona has warped into an inflated ego on toned shoulders.

Hopes and dreams. Why are you teaching at Hogwarts?: When she enrolled to teach at Ilvermorny, the school she had always aspired to attend, it had been a dream come true. She immersed herself in the lore of the castle, obsessing over her profession as the school librarian. Giving back to young students helps to ease the guilt she still harbors after her orphanage was shutdown. Hogwarts is an opportunity to follow her calling, and with her forged paperwork and the Hexenreich keeping the isle of Britain in the dark, Andy felt poised to gain entry into the prestigious school in the hopes of continuing that calling.

Of course, that was before her plans fell along with the Hexenreich regime and now, with the isle out of its isolation, she still hopes that her last two years as the caretaker for magical creatures for a traveling circus gives her enough credentials to teach. Maybe. Possibly. Also the faked things.

Biography (500 words minimum. There is never such a thing as too much.):

Her Biography proper can be seen HERE!

May 1948
Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Andy sat in the Headmaster's office in the castle of Ilvermorny waiting for his arrival. The room had grown familiar to her the past couple of years of being part of the staff and she sat as if it was her name scribbled on the door. Her legs were crossed brazenly, hiking-up the end of her red dress above her knees. She slouched on the seat; hands tucked behind her head, her slender fingers ruffling through the roots of her free-flowing violet hair.

She had debated keeping her hair the bright crimson she was used to, but thought better of it once she settled on her attire for her meeting with the headmaster. It would not do to accent everything as red, despite how badly she desired to head the house that donned those colors. The dress would do; a simple two-strap red dress that she had transfigured to sparkle and shine like brilliant rubies bound together.

Andy composed herself once the man entered the room, bringing her hands down to settle on her knees as she waited for him to sit down. He appeared haggard, his hair more disheveled than usual. Had he not gotten enough sleep lately? Andy knew that there were a few positions that required filling. She hoped beyond hope that this was in relation to that. It was hard to remain poised when her childhood dream, being the Head of Wampus, seemed as an actual possibility if she played her cards right. First, a professorship. Then, helping assist in all the extra-curricular activities she could throw herself at. Lastly, her dream.

"Hello Ms. Wallace-" 'Oh no, he used my last name.' "Over the past two years of your residence here, I have witnessed you inch your way closer and closer to the heart of the school. Many of our students adore you, while some of your peers have... less kind things to say." 'Who's he talking about? Regina? That weak excuse for a witch...'

Now, his dark eyes settled on her. The look he had, hard chin sticking out while his nostrils flared, did not ease her spirits. In Andy's mind, she had always felt her charms worked on the man. He always smiled at her and she always tip-toed the line of professionalism when it came to the person in the most prominent position at Ilvermorny. This was completely different than anything she had experienced, but she remained stoic and reasoned it did not have to do with her. 'He's just letting out some steam. Does he trust me more than anyone else?'

"I have always had my doubts on who you were, but during these ill times, with pressing needs here and global problems abroad-" 'Oh no...' "-I was content on remaining ignorant, that was until we finally made connection with Hogwarts-" 'Oh, no. Please no!' "-and they have no record of you ever being there. It would seem that they are desperate for professors too, even going so far as contacting schools outside of their quarantined island."

His words faded, far more distant than her past felt. Andy's eyes dropped to the floor, her heel anxiously tapping in a fast rhythm. It had finally happened. She had faked her way through the education system and the bell had finally rung. Would they imprison her? What was next? She did not know what to think, instinct took over as she looked back up to stare at him and did the first impulse she felt.

She cried.

It started softly, a small stream flowing down each eye as her face began to tense up. A short instance passed until it magnified and she began to bawl like a tantrum-struck baby. Her face reddened, flush cheeks and snot bubbling about her nose. To his credit, the headmaster stood up and tried to console her but Andy held out her hand to stop him.

"Can I... sniff... snifff... just have a minute please? I'll... sniff... gather my things, I-" again, the tears led to wailing and he nodded, stepping right out the door. She continued sobbing, but she was already trying to salvage what she could. Andy pulled forth her wand, aiming the eleven inches of hard oak at herself and using a Kamiflage charm silently. She then stood up and rummaged through the Headmaster's workspace, fiddling through papers until she found what could save her: his signature.

Andy was very good at copying signatures. Or at least stealing them. She folded the paper in hand, some grounds appropriation bill for the grounds, and placed it in her pocket. She would need to hurry before her plan was discovered. That was, until it already was.

"You lied," the voice froze her in place, a snicker easily sheding any thoughts of fighting her way out of there. She turned to stare at aged wizard, her face softening into coded allure that was met with a waving off of his hand. "I am not going to turn rat on you, girl," Howard said, "No need to fake that face for me."

"You were here the entire time, weren't you?" Andy crossed her arms, not liking her entire future in the hands of this most dangerous wizard. The gall to slither invisibly around the castle, even in the offices of the Headmaster! When you had the profound skill that this man possessed, she was angry at him and more at the sheer misfortune of having this be the hour he decided to sleuth.

"Indeed. Looks like you are in a tough spot. Lying about graduating? Faking your references? Didn't one of them actually show up here?" She smiled slyly, letting the question go unaswered. They both knew it had been her the entire time.
"Gonna be sad to see ya go," Howard said, the mirth in his voice still keeping her from visibly tensing. "Where that is, I guess that's up to you."

"Not you?" she asked impertinent, eyebrow rising at just what he was thinking. Howard did not follow anyone's codes or rules but his own. Andy had no idea where her crimes fell on that line.

"Nope, not me. You don' good, lass. I've seen you around these grounds, trying to put more good out there than bad. You were made for this kind of stuff. No reason anyone should take that away."

She smiled despite her trepidation. Andy wanted to believe him, though, trusting was never as easy as others made it out to be. There would be a cost for this, she knew. Hopefully, it veered away from anything she would instantly regret.

"Now, I could use a pair of eyes across the pond. Lot of things going on over there, with muggles running around trying to forget that there is still danger in the world." She nodded, trying to follow along and discern just what he was getting at. "You'll be on your way, this one should be back any minute soon and making him see things my way is going to take some convincing. You'll find your forgeries correct. Should make it simple to find work out there in Britain."

"Britain?" she asked, sucking in her breath at the tense anxieties of her new life. Twenty minutes had spun around everything she had known and threw them on a boat across the Atlantic. Andy could only nod and smile, realizing that she should show some gratitude. This was a chance for her and she could also bow her head at how Howard had complimented her. Then, he asked a question in return.

"You know about Hogwarts, yeah?"

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY
(Please respond to to this in third person past tense. Do not write the other characters' reactions. Only your own.)

It was the largest office in Hogwarts and, perhaps to students and newcomers, the most intimidating. The shelves were filled with various odds and ends, with a place of honor for the Sorting Hat, and the walls held all the portraits of past Headmasters and Headmistresses.

In the middle of the room sat a large desk. Everything was in order, for the current occupant had always despised a messy desk. It was the sign of a messy mind, and she had always favored neatness.

A clock sat on the desk, which currently showed the time to be 2:05. The meeting was supposed to begin at 2:00 precisely.

Along with order, Anneka valued punctuality. She was a very busy woman these days. Even during the summer, she had a number of matters to attend to. Interviewing and hiring staff was only of those matters. The newest potential member of her staff wasn't making a good impression.

She paced the room, black heels clicking against the stone floor. When the door finally opened, Anneka turned, her expression reminiscent of a Russian winter. "You are late."

Explain yourself was what her face said.

Roleplay Response: 

"You've been at this castle for that long?" Andy was beside herself, shaking her head and laughing haughtily at the ghost in front of her. Her laughter proved to be infectious, the specter joining in her mirth with a chortling laugh that reverberated eerily off the walls. She extended her index finger to point through the ghost's corporeal form, giggling as her finger made a small loop that prodded at the specter.

"You've seen so much. Once I get this job, I will be counting on you to help me find my way." Batting her eyelashes, Andromeda walked right through the specter, laughing as she did so on her way to the Headmistress's office.

'Headmistress, that presents different tact entirely,' she told herself, moving her slender hands to her head to tighten her long ponytail. Her outfit was not one of her favorites. The dress robes that adorned her looked like a cross between a student's uniform and a boy's prom tuxedo. It was very unlike her. Andy preferred tight, contouring dresses than this gender neutral get-up. She was astute enough to realize it would not have the same effect as it had on her previous school's headmaster. 

The Headmistress was waiting for her in the office, though the look that greeted her did not show the warmth she had hoped to receive. It was sour; narrowed and icy. Andy tried to remain composed through the stare-down but was broken when the woman in front of her spoke.

"You are late."

'Am I?' she almost said aloud. Her brown eyes scanned the room for a clock, having truly forgotten when they were suppose to meet. She had planned to arrive very early, though quickly lost herself in the giant castle once her visitor's pass was approved. The history of the castle, hundreds of years old, was far too promising a venture to only be confined strictly to an appointment (even if that "appointment" would allow her to come back).

"I am deeply sorry, headmistress," was all she could say before acting as if it barely phased her and taking one of the empty seats in front of Ivanova's desk. This one did not seem like the type to tolerate excuses. She lifted the brown leather briefcase she held in her right arm and placed it on her lap, fiddling with the knobs until the woman took her seat. 'And she will,' she thought with a snicker.
« Last Edit: 03/12/2017 at 15:24 by Andromeda Wagner »

Tags: