Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Whittney McGuire  (Read 921 times)

Whittney McGuire

(25/04/2014 at 07:09)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D7T6S5
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Whittney (Rae) McGuire

Birthday: April 8th, 1925

Hometown: Limerick, Ireland

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): Year Six & Year Seven

Biography:

Whittney McGuire was born to Kathleen McGuire on the eighth of April on a rainy day. His father had always been missing from the picture, so Whittney retained his mother's maiden name. The only thing his father left him with was the gift of magic.

Whittney lived with his mother in a small apartment above their flower shop. His mother constantly told him that he was the sun and that the flowers bloomed for him; however, he is in fact a late bloomer when it comes to magic, and has attended Muggle Schools until now.

As a child, Whittney was almost always with his mother in the shop or laying in the fields down the road from his home. Flowers and small insects were his friends. Most of the children would through rocks at him for his queerness and disinterest in things commonly boyish. He constantly came home with cuts and scrapes. His mother would brush his hair to the sides and tell him that no one could bruise her little sprout, for flowers grow persistently once cut.

Like his mother, Whittney has a green thumb. He feels a sense of accomplishment when his efforts bring forth a bountiful harvest. He prefers Lilies, whether they be from a pond or the valleys.

At school, Whittney was just your average student. He got adequate grades, attempted social events, and occasionally participated in an extra-curricular activity. He never stood out from the rest, but he preferred it that way. School was not his place to shine, for it was a harsh environment where he could not flourish. Like many, Whittney was also a target of bullying and harrassment. He was a member of one of his schools' agriculture club, until several students vandalized garden beds and sheds. Fingers were pointed at him and blame pinned on him. It always was.

Whittney was walking home the day everything changed. He noticed as the cobblestone roads began becoming devoid of stones and grass slowly yellowing from the ground and rising taller to a swampy green. Wooden fences slowly unhinged and he ran all the way home. As he arrived to his home, he found it empty besides the foundation of where a home would be. Left in the place of of his front door was a small brush of forget-me-nots.

After the time warp, Whittney wandered around as a strange boy looking for work. He found work as an apprentice as a farmhand in a few towns over.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Hufflepuff

Personality: Proper, Naive, Timid, Easy-going, Easily Impressed. He will try to retain good posture when he is aware. Please and Thank-you's are a must! His mother taught him better. While he can be gullible, he is not stupid. Has a hard time connecting and communicating with others, and usually only makes friends if another makes the first interaction to break the ice. Around people he feels comfortable with, Whittney tends to get louder the more excited he gets, but can get softer when he catches himself. He prefers the company of a few friends. Large crowds tend to make him squirm. When he becomes nervous, he rubs his earlobes, one at a time. When approached with conflict, he tries to remain passive or neutral on matters, unless it involves a friend or something he believes strongly in.

Appearance: Medium-length brown hair, highlighted with hints of gold. Highlights appear coppery under artificial light. Hazel eyes. His nose has the softest of hooks and is slightly upturned. It is dusted with freckles along with his arms. Full, plump lips. Feminine face. His chin has a small dimple when he smiles. His teeth are a little bit smaller than average, and his front two have a gap, with which he occasionally whistles through. His ears are also smaller. His frame and body are thin, but legs are long and thighs thick.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

"I didn't mean to-" Whittney stammered out as James angrily blinked back tears, "I was just trying to," he stopped. Whittney's eyes shined brightly. "Hey, you play Quidditch?! You were in the championship! That's amazing!" he exclaimed, then cleared his throat, cheeks steaming from his excitement as he tried to compose himself. "Sorry to hear about the loss," he told James as he leveled his voice.

Whittney began to recognize who he was talking to, and then his chest began to hurt. He moved his hands up to it and slowly turned around. "You know, winning isn't everything," he continued as he voice dropped. He moved closer to the wall and sat down against, eyes fixated on the corridor floor. "I believe that your teammates will forgive you, that is if they are your friends." Whittney clutched the arms of his robe before speaking again. "It's a lot of pressure when everyone is relying on you," his voice cracked, "but it's nice having people who rely on you right? That means they care?"

Whittney looked back up at James. "To be completely honest with you, I really don't know how you feel. Not because I don't ever make mistakes, but because I'm not great like you," he admitted, staring now at his feet.

A smile then crept up on Whittney's face. "But how you flew; It was amazing." He placed his hands in his lap, now speaking aloud, as if no one was there, "Sometimes I wish I was as athletic, kind of like you. I've never flown before, but I'd think I'd like to try-" He continued, looking back up, hoping James was still there.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): N/A

How did you find us?: Google. I was eager to try role playing.

« Last Edit: 27/04/2014 at 13:26 by WhittneyMcGuire »

B. Llewellyn Thatcher

(27/04/2014 at 00:33)
  • Ravenclaw House Ghost
    • View Profile
Whittney,

Welcome to HS.net! We are so glad that you've chosen to come roleplay with us!

Whittney's application looks amazing! I love his backstory; it is definitely unique. Also, it's great that you picked up on our Time Warp plot line! Just a few quick things to address and then we can get you playing with all of us in no time.

First of all, you list Whittney's birth year as 1958/1921. Our current year is 1941, so that would make Whittney 20 years old and too old for Hogwarts.  I see that you requested sixth year as Whittney's primary year, so to make things easy, that would make his birth year 1925, or perhaps 1924 if he is a year 'behind' (1963 or 1962 respectively pre-time warp).

Secondly, there is some evidence of powereplaying in your roleplay (RP) response. Keep in mind that you are only able to control the actions of your own character and not someone else's character. There is not mention in the original RP of James throwing down his gloves or that he left mudprints as he ran down the corridor from the Great Hall. Please rework your RP response to remove all instances of powerplaying!

Once you've took a look at both of these things, please repost your application for us to take another look! Hope to get you playing with us all soon!

- B.

Whittney McGuire

(27/04/2014 at 01:11)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D7T6S5
    • View Profile
Yeah, sorry about the years, I meant to make him seventeen, I must have done my math wrong. And about the roleplay, I'll change it to fit the guidelines. It's good to know what I can and cannot do. I'll make the changes now. :)

* Calla Douglass

(27/04/2014 at 04:39)
  • Adult
  • C14D11T27S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Mr McGuire,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May, 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Calla Locksley,
Head of Hufflepuff
I can only give you everything I've got.

Tags: