Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Mathilda Woods  (Read 732 times)

Mathilda Woods

(18/09/2018 at 02:47)
  • Child
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Mathilda Woods

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
No. She doesn't know her parents, her mother is a pureblood - her father a muggle.

Residence:
In a Childrens Home

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
Unsure?

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No Thank you.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Mathilda was not given the greatest start to her life, while many young couples would have been thrilled to find out that they were having a beautiful little girl, her parents were not. Or at least her mother was not, her father would never be aware of the beautiful little girl that would be born. In many eyes, she was seen as a mistake - something that should not have happened, perhaps a little rebellion of her mothers it had been, to sleep with a Muggle.

But her mother had ended up pregnant, her mothers parents had not been pleased with their 'pure' family being tainted by a mistake their daughter made. Things were arranged before Mathilda was even born - to have her taken away, placed into the care of someone else. Her mother would barely get to see the child before she would be taken away, as if the mistake was erased from the world.

So there she was, welcomed into the world and taken from any family she would know. The baby girl had been arranged to be taken in by a couple, they cared for her for several months, even naming the little girl - but the plans fell through as the couple had their own baby on its way by the time Mathilda was almost a year old. Instead of keeping her as their own, they gave up the custody of the little girl, instead landing her into a childrens home where she'd be cared for and raised until the day that she'd find a family to call her as their own.

These days Mathilda is a sweet young girl, having just turned eight years old she is incredibly inquisitive about the world around her, she loves to read and loves to explore. Often tagging along with other children to explore places that she knows she shouldn't wander around. She is not aware of her own history, at least not most of it - she knows her name is Mathilda - a name she was given, and Woods was the name given to her by the people who gave her up. She does not know the reasons, or about her birth family - she is however incredibly curious about learning about this - however no one seems to have answers for her.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
It was a rare thing for Mathilda to be allowed to go to the park, of course she was far from alone as a small group of children had ended up being taken to the park along side of her. But like always she took her time, trailing behind as curious eyes take in the world around her with a small smile, she had always loved to be outside no matter how old she got. It was a magic all of its own, how the trees changed and flowers grew as the seasons changed.

Glancing up above her, eyes curiously watched the brooms flying around. She had been wanting to learn how to fly for so long - but brooms fit for riding were a rare thing in the Children's Home she lived in. A meaningless expense she had heard one of the carers call it when she asked about a broom to learn on. With a small sigh she watched before noticing the one that was closer to the ground, watching as a small girl landed on the ground, clearly not pleased.

It was the voice though that drew the remainder of her attention, her eyes wide as she glances around before pointing to herself. "Did you mean me? I - wouldn't be against playing, are you sure you meant to ask me?", the small girl gave a tiny smile and a shrug before fidgeting with the zipper on her jacket, "I don't know how to fly though."

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

Marina Lamont

(21/09/2018 at 03:17)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C14D8T16S10
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Accepted!
« Last Edit: 21/09/2018 at 03:20 by Marina Lamont »
I set my sail

Fly