Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Application: Alexandria Riddle  (Read 1108 times)

Alexandria Walter

(10/04/2016 at 14:24)
    • View Profile
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name            : Alexandria Riddle
Birthday        : 27 February, 2000
Hometown   :  Godric’s Hollow
Bloodline      : Half-blood
Magical strength : Divination
Magical weakness : Conjuring and summoning
Year               :  5 or 6
Biography :
Alexandria Riddle was born to Pure-blood wizard ,Brian Riddle, and Muggle-born witch, Anastasia Hadley. As the only child, Alexandria was the most prized possession of her parents.
She grew up without knowing any of her relatives. Her mom’s side of the family considered their family as ‘freaks’ and dad’s side of the family called her dad a ‘traitor’. This, though, didn’t faze them and Alexandria grew up in a happy environment at Godric’s Hollow.
Being alone at home for most of the time (her parents worked at the Ministry of Magic) she had the company of books alone. Books turned out to be Alexandria’s best friend forever.
She showed the first signs of having magical blood when she was about five. She had been reading out the ‘Tales of Beedle the Bard’ to her father, when she had abruptly stopped and her eyes had glazed over. ‘Death’ she had said, and coming out of the trance continued reading. That night the Riddles received an owl telling them that Brian Riddle’s mother had passed away.
That night Alexandria’s parents realized that their daughter could see into the future. The ability began to develop as years passed by and thus Divination became the strongest subject for her.
As years passed by Alexandria started counting the number of days left for her to receive the Letter. Her parents had told her about Hogwarts when she had been seven. Since then, she had read all the books which mentioned the name ‘Hogwarts’, over and over again.
Her eleventh birthday came and passed by and still no letter arrived. She waited eagerly at the doorstep everyday but to no avail. Sometimes she would wait throughout the night at the porch steps, with Hogwarts: A History to keep her company. Her parents told her that it was not yet the time for the school administration to be sending out letters but Alexandria could be downright stubborn.
In the second week of August did her letter arrive. She had been sitting on the porch steps reading Magical Beasts and Where to Find them, when she heard the fluttering of wings and a letter fell on her book. It had the Hogwarts seal on it.
Alexandria stared at the letter and whispering, ‘I am coming, Hogwarts.’ ran into the house to show the letter to her parents.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
House request             : I’d really like to be sorted into Ravenclaw. I have                                 
                                         always felt as if I’d really belong there.
Personality                  :
Alexandria is the kind of girl who simply hates to be criticized. She believes that she is always right and way better than her classmates in academics. Her biggest flaw is her pride over her intelligence.
She also houses a hatred for the ‘dumbos’ who, she believes, should at least try to get decent grades rather than flunking in all the classes.
On weekends, Alexandria would be found reading books from the Restricted Section and ‘expanding her knowledge about the magical world.’
Being a bookworm, it is hard for her to make friends. She would admit sometimes that she would probably take on a troll than go out and make friends.

APPEARANCE:
Alexandria hates the way she looks. She has jet-black curly hair and ocean-blue eyes. Add that to the high-set cheekbones and she is the example of what her mom calls ‘divine beauty.’
As a result of her appearance people take her to be a bimbo which she is definitely not. In order to play down her ‘beauty’, she charms her eyebrows to overgrow and her forehead to be covered in pimples. But the charms wear off in a matter of seconds. It’s as if her body is telling her, ‘No can do. You are cursed to look like it.’

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY-
Alexandria strolled around the school grounds with ‘A Magical Quest’ clutched in her hands. She finally had a break, even though it was for forty-five minutes, from academics. So far, she had managed to be at the top in all of her classes, except Quidditch. For some reason she hated the games in the same way she hated sexists.
Finding a nice spot under a tree, she opened the book to read.  She had barely read a few lines when she felt something tickle her back. Something….which had whiskers. She shrieked and stood up only to find a rat scuttling around the tree bark.
‘Stupid rodent.’ she cursed, shutting the book. On examining the rat she concluded that it was too ‘posh-looking’ to be wild. It probably belonged to a student.
There was no way she was going to pick it up with it running around as if it had had a serious doze of caffeine. Pointing her wand at the rat, she muttered a spell which made it unconscious. Picking it up she made her way straight to Herbology classroom, hoping to find the teacher.
As she reached there, she found this fifth year guy stumbling around the flowers looking as if he was having a really bad day.
‘You blasted rat! Where are you?’ she heard him shouting.
Alexandria stared at the unconscious rodent in her hand. Maybe it belonged to him. She considered calling out to him but then he did this inhuman sneeze which was just….gross. And then he continued grossing her out by wiping his nose on his sleeve.
That’s when he suddenly turned to look at her and in a ‘pretend manly’ voice  asked, ‘Can I help you with something? It is not polite to stare.’
That was the moment. Should she just throw the rat at his face or should she give him an answer which he would never be able to understand?
She chose neither. Going up to him, she thrusted the rat into his hand and with a flick of her hair, trying to look a snobby as possible, walked away.
ABOUT YOU
Please list any characters you have on the site.
None
How did you find us?
Marauder’s map

« Last Edit: 10/04/2016 at 14:49 by Alexandria Riddle »

* Anneka Ivanova

(11/04/2016 at 23:49)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Alexandria!

Thanks for your interest in our site! Before we can accept your application, there are few things you'll need to change. This is an alternate universe HP roleplaying site, so the last name of Riddle is problematic, because it is so heavily associated with Voldemort. I'd suggest choosing a different last name. (You don't need to make a new account. Just fill out a helpdesk ticket and we can change the name for you!)

We're currently in the year 1947 on this site. For Alexandria to be a fifth or sixth year, she probably would've been born in 1932 or 1931.

I'm not sure how skilled at Divination you're planning for Alexandria to be, but from your biography, it sounds like you might be wanting more than what she'd be capable of with fifth/sixth year magical levels. If that's the case, you might need to fill out a special request application.

In your RP sample, you end with Alexandria walking away. While this isn't a real thread, we'd like you to respond as though it is. You've left nothing for Hugh to respond to and that would make it a really short thread. If you need some examples of how to respond to the RP sample, check out our sample applications.

Once you've made these changes, please post your entire revised application below, and we'll be happy to take another look!

Thanks!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Alexandria Walter

(12/04/2016 at 15:37)
    • View Profile
I am sorry for that lame application. And I think it'd better to have 'Divination IQ' the same as a bright sixth year student's. I don't think that Alexandria is that much of a Divination prodigy

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name            : Alexandria Walter
Birthday        : 27 February, 1932
Hometown   :  Godric’s Hollow
Bloodline      : Half-blood
Magical strength : Divination
Magical weakness : Conjuring and summoning
Year               :  5 or 6
Biography :
Alexandria Walter was born to Pure-blood wizard ,Brian Walter, and Muggle-born witch, Anastasia Hadley. As the only child, Alexandria was the most prized possession of her parents.
She grew up without knowing any of her relatives. Her mom’s side of the family considered their family as ‘freaks’ and dad’s side of the family called her dad a ‘traitor’. This, though, didn’t faze them and Alexandria grew up in a happy environment at Godric’s Hollow.
Being alone at home for most of the time (her parents worked at the Ministry of Magic) she had the company of books alone. Books turned out to be Alexandria’s best friend forever.
She showed the first signs of having magical blood when she was about five. She had been reading out the ‘Tales of Beedle the Bard’ to her father, when she had abruptly stopped and her eyes had glazed over. ‘Death’ she had said, and coming out of the trance continued reading. That night the Riddles received an owl telling them that Brian Riddle’s mother had passed away.
That night Alexandria’s parents realized that their daughter could see into the future. The ability began to develop as years passed by and thus Divination became the strongest subject for her.
As years passed by Alexandria started counting the number of days left for her to receive the Letter. Her parents had told her about Hogwarts when she had been seven. Since then, she had read all the books which mentioned the name ‘Hogwarts’, over and over again.
Her eleventh birthday came and passed by and still no letter arrived. She waited eagerly at the doorstep everyday but to no avail. Sometimes she would wait throughout the night at the porch steps, with Hogwarts: A History to keep her company. Her parents told her that it was not yet the time for the school administration to be sending out letters but Alexandria could be downright stubborn.
In the second week of August did her letter arrive. She had been sitting on the porch steps reading Magical Beasts and Where to Find them, when she heard the fluttering of wings and a letter fell on her book. It had the Hogwarts seal on it.
Alexandria stared at the letter and whispering, ‘I am coming, Hogwarts.’ ran into the house to show the letter to her parents.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
House request             : I’d really like to be sorted into Ravenclaw. I have                                 
                                         always felt as if I’d really belong there.
Personality                  :
Alexandria is the kind of girl who simply hates to be criticized. She believes that she is always right and way better than her classmates in academics. Her biggest flaw is her pride over her intelligence.
She also houses a hatred for the ‘dumbos’ who, she believes, should at least try to get decent grades rather than flunking in all the classes.
On weekends, Alexandria would be found reading books from the Restricted Section and ‘expanding her knowledge about the magical world.’
Being a bookworm, it is hard for her to make friends. She would admit sometimes that she would probably take on a troll than go out and make friends.

APPEARANCE:
Alexandria hates the way she looks. She has jet-black curly hair and ocean-blue eyes. Add that to the high-set cheekbones and she is the example of what her mom calls ‘divine beauty.’
As a result of her appearance people take her to be a bimbo which she is definitely not. In order to play down her ‘beauty’, she charms her eyebrows to overgrow and her forehead to be covered in pimples. But the charms wear off in a matter of seconds. It’s as if her body is telling her, ‘No can do. You are cursed to look like it.’

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY-
Alexandria strolled around the school grounds with ‘A Magical Quest’ clutched in her hands. She finally had a break, even though it was for forty-five minutes, from academics. So far, she had managed to be at the top in all of her classes, except Quidditch. For some reason she hated the games in the same way she hated sexists.
Finding a nice spot under a tree, she opened the book to read.  She had barely read a few lines when she felt something tickle her back. Something….which had whiskers. She shrieked and stood up only to find a rat scuttling around the tree bark.
‘Stupid rodent.’ she cursed, shutting the book. On examining the rat she concluded that it was too ‘posh-looking’ to be wild. It probably belonged to a student.
There was no way she was going to pick it up with it running around as if it had had a serious doze of caffeine. Pointing her wand at the rat, she muttered a spell which made it unconscious. Picking it up she made her way straight to Herbology classroom, hoping to find the teacher.
As she reached there, she found this fifth year guy stumbling around the flowers looking as if he was having a really bad day.
‘You blasted rat! Where are you?’ she heard him shouting.
Alexandria stared at the unconscious rodent in her hand. Maybe it belonged to him. She considered calling out to him but then he did this inhuman sneeze which was just….gross. And then he continued grossing her out by wiping his nose on his sleeve.
That’s when he suddenly turned to look at her and in a ‘pretend manly’ voice  asked, ‘Can I help you with something? It is not polite to stare.’
That was the moment. Should she just throw the rat at his face or should she give him an answer which he would never be able to understand?
‘Well,’ she said, ‘I came here looking for this rodent’s owner and from your look ,I assume, that you are the owner.’ She looked at him appraisingly. What did he think about her now? Who was The Dude now?
Alexandria thrust the rat into his hands and turned around saying, ‘See you around with that rat of yours. And….wipe your nose. It looks a bit….gooey.’
Leaving him alone with his rat, Alexandria walked back to the school with a triumphant smile on her face.
ABOUT YOU
Please list any characters you have on the site.
None
How did you find us?
Marauder’s map

« Last Edit: 13/04/2016 at 06:16 by Alexandria Walter »
Alex

Aries Paladin

(14/04/2016 at 09:13)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
Hey, dear! Your application's looking super so far, but before we can accept it there are just a few details left to clarify.

Firstly, there are still a few places in your biography that say 'Riddle' instead of 'Walter', so if you could just tweak those for clarity's sake, that'd be marvelous!

Secondly, while your clarification of Alexandria's abilities is very helpful, there's still the issue of the trance that Alexandria goes into, and the "seeing into the future" part. As per our magical rules, future visions would be something that only Seers would be able to have, so if you're intending to make Alexandria's Divinatory abilities the same as a talented sixth year's, you'll need to remove the mentions of a trance and future visions from her biography. (If, however, you feel that having visions is important to her character, you may of course submit a Special Request to the administrators.)

Thirdly, in your role-play sample, you say that Alexandria thrusts the rat into Hugh’s hands. As this might be construed as powerplaying, or taking control of another character’s actions, it’d be great if you could edit it to something more like ‘Alexandria tried to thrust the rat into his hands’ or ‘thrust the rat towards the boy’, which gives Hugh’s player the option to accept or decline the furry bundle of joy.

Lastly, in your role-play sample, Alexandria walking back to the school would end the scene rather abruptly and not give Hugh much to reply to—could you please tweak it so that she stays around instead (however much she doesn’t want to)? You could just end it at trying to give him the rat, if you like.

Once you make these changes, please post the entire altered application below, and we can take another look and get you on your way.  :)

Thank you! <3

—‘ries
VIVAT REX IN HOMINE
WATCH THE THRONE, DON'T STEP ON THE ROBE

Tags: sorting corrections