Student applications are open for the 1971-72 term!

Author Topic: Goose Märchen | Elsewhere Child  (Read 971 times)

Goose Märchen

(30/05/2016 at 17:07)
  • Seventh Year
  • C3D7T4S6
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Goose Märchen

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Midas & Ella Märchen (deceased), raised by Alice Märchen (grandmother)

Residence:
Neath Port Talbot, Wales

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
The Märchen clan, because fam.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Mavis Lerner, Laura Fitzpatrick, and Vera Eckert.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
“Grandmother?”

Her blue eyes wide and serious, she stood on top of a kitchen chair, arms crossed, one socked foot tapping on the wooden seat.

“Why don’t I have wings?”

It made no sense. She was a Goose, Her name was Goose. She’d seen geese flying in a V in the fall, and it wasn’t fair that they could fly and she couldn’t! Three scraped knees had proved that flapping your arms and jumping off a brick wall was not going to bring her any closer to the sky, even though Abel, Darla, and Karen had all said flapping her arms was going to work! It was possibly the first time that anything Karen had told her had been wrong, but then again, imaginary butterflies were not always the smartest creatures, unless she was playing cards, because Karen always won at cards.

It was Abel that had suggested making wings, and he’d helped her find all the materials, like newspaper and some wire to put the newspaper on, but the wire was hard to bend she it kept poking her. Some glue and a few feathers later, she was attempting to climb onto the roof with her brand new amazing wings on her back, ready to take flight.

Cinders had seen her before she was even five feet up and made her come back to the ground. And the lovely wings Abel and her had created fell apart as she was taking them off. He’d almost cried when the pair learned that Grandmother had gotten rid of them.

(Abel might have been an imaginary friend, but he was her best imaginary friend and she could give him hugs all the same.)

“--and I thought the newspaper wings would work but Cinders said they wouldn’t but I think they just needed more feathers, maybe I--”

“Goose.” her grandmother stopped her, and the child’s mouth closed, her face pouted. “You are not a bird, you are a girl. Girls have arms and legs, not wings.” She chuckled.

“Hmm.” Goose nodded, and leaped from the chair, skipping from the kitchen.

Perhaps Cinders would know how to get wings. She was smart, she knew things like this. But it was so nice outside… she could ask later. “Come on, Abel,” she said, opening the door to the outside world. “Let’s play a game!”

The door shut, and one could hear the sound a young girl laughing. 

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
”Wheeeee!”

Suddenly she was a goose,no- a duck; little ducks were yellow and yellow was the prettiest color, flying through the air as she leaped from the swing, sailing towards the ground with her arms streched far from her torso, her golden hair a halo around her face.

“Oof!”

Her feet slammed to the ground, and Goose stumbled forward- but she remained standing, triumph exploding on her face. “Ha! I told you I would do it Cinders but you wouldn’t listen but I told--” She whipped around to face her sister, but the girl was gone. “Oh.” she frowned, her arms falling to her sides. What if Cinders hadn’t seen her jump? Then she wouldn’t have seen her leaping from the swing, and she wouldn't believe her! Goose had told Cinders at least seven times that she could land on her feet and she’d done it! She was good at jumping from places, except for that one time,her ankle had turned red like a cherry and it hurt to walk and she couldn't run and she had to sit for hours. It was super duper boring. She crossed her arms and wandered away from the swings. “Cinnnders.” She drew out the name, spinning on one foot.

”You!”

The young girl turned quickly to find a girl smaller than her! And all this time Goose had thought she was the shortest person ever, but she was officially taller run one person! She squealed a bit. “Hello!” she gasped. “You have a broom! It's a small broom but that's ok, I want a bottom but Grandmother says I'm too young but I don't think so. Eight years old is old enough to do--

...Do you want to do play?

What a day this was! Someone had told her once (or maybe twice) that something good could come out of every day, and they had been very right! Not only was she taller than someone, but that someone was very nice and they wanted to play with her! “I would love to play!” She cried passionately, running towards the girl as quick as her legs could carry her. “What do you want to play? I like hide and seek but there's only two of us…” She paused, a rare action for Goose. “What if we got other people to play? That would be very fun!”

OTHER
How did you find us? Magic and maybe Google.[/i]

märchen.

ALL DREAMERS MUST WAKE

* Martin Hawksworth

(31/05/2016 at 18:44)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Duty is what one expects from others