We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Qui Vereis // Elsewhere Adult  (Read 678 times)

Qui Vaires

(16/12/2017 at 03:30)
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E  A D U L T
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Qui Vaires

Bloodline:
Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggleborn/Squib

Residence:
Vaires Manor

None

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
No

Requested Magic Levels:
Charms: 10
Divination: 5
Transfiguration: 10
Summoning: 7

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
I have none

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
Qui Vajes Vaires was born in the Pure-blooded Ancient and Noble House of Vaires on August 11th, 1921 to Lord Kai and Lady June Vaires who both died in a duel sometime after Qui was birthed in Australia. At the age of five, Qui moved from Australia to England with his guardians where he then resided in the family manor for the next six years of his life until Qui received his acceptation letter into Hogwarts, of which he accepted. It was a surprise that Qui hadn't been sorted into Ravenclaw, but into Slytherin; after all, he had spent most of his life up until Hogwarts locked away in the family's ancient library studying many forms of magic.

When in Diagon Alley, Qui purchased many things, such as his school supplies and a new wardrobe for the coming year - but the most important thing bought that day was what was bought by every Wizard or Witch - a wand! Qui was chosen by a wand of Walnut and Thestral Hair, 10.5 Inches - A good wand for the unaligned and someone with talent in multiple aspects of magic.

Qui was particularly talented in the fields of Transfiguration and Charms, Qui did too have a knack for Potions and Defence and most of his other classes - this is not to say he was the best student in the school, Qui was far from being the best student in Hogwarts, but he was up there.

Qui Graduated Hogwarts with O’s in Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Ancient Runes and Defence against the Dark Arts, E’s in Herbology, Astronomy, Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures, and an A in Alchemy and Muggle Studies – A total of 10 NEWTs and 10 OWLs. Upon arriving back at Kings Cross Station, Qui returned to the family Manor for which he stayed a month before going on a traditional worldwide tour, which Qui used to both study new types of magic and relax before returning to England to take the mantle of Head of the Vaires family. Upon arriving back in England, Qui did indeed take over as the head of his family and deemed it unnecessary to apply for a job, instead of living off his inheritance and went to politics and the duelling circuit instead.

After years in the political arena, Qui would eventually retire and live a private life with his Wife and two children.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:
"Coming through! Coming th--- arrrgh!" Joshua let out a loud shout as his feet suddenly slipped in the snow and sent him, the box, and several long strands of tinsel tumbling into the person who had been walking in front of him.

"For Merlin's sake!" Joshua muttered angrily as he hurried to his feet again, red and gold tinsel now decorating his black coat. "I am so sorry! This blasted snow!" He looked apologetic at the person he had crashed into.

Qui gave a shout as he felt some collide with him. Qui whirled around, ready to yell some at the person who dared knock on him. A mere moment before he could let his anger run course, the man started giving a bumbling apology, quite the embarrassing thing it was, caused Qui to just stare until the poor man went quiet. “You’re apologies are meaningless” Qui sharply said “Be on your way you blundering fool” with that. Qui turned with a sneer and glided across the snow, leaving the old man sputtering behind him looking to almost be in tears.

OTHER
I was looking for website like this on google and I luckily found this brilliant website.[/font]

Qui Vaires

(16/12/2017 at 03:41)
    • View Profile
I made a mistake, I got the year wrong, the character age should be marked as 31.
Qui Vaires

* Anneka Ivanova

(31/12/2017 at 18:59)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Qui!

Thanks for you application. You're off to a great start. However, in the RP response you wrote "Qui turned with a sneer and glided across the snow, leaving the old man sputtering behind him looking to almost be in tears."

While this isn't a real thread, you should reply to it as if it is. Controlling Joshua's actions is called powerplaying. In a real thread, Joshua's writer might have something entirely different planned for his response and it might not be in character for Joshua to be sputtering and almost in tears. If you could edit your response to be controlling only Qui, that would great!

Once you've made the requested changes, please post your entire revised application below, and we'll be happy to take another look!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: