Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Santiago Nightingdale ~ Elsewhere Adult  (Read 642 times)

Santiago Nightingdale

(18/01/2020 at 04:03)
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Santiago Nightingdale
Blood Status: Pure Blood

Education:
Durmstrang, Class of '52

Residence:
Lives in London ~ Heart will always belong to Spain

Occupation
None

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Unknown; where ever the wind takes him.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 12
  • Divination: 4
  • Transfiguration: 8
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
You know the old saying "born with a silver spoon in their mouth"? Well with most people that is played off as a joke but not my sister & I; we quite literally were born in a class of privilege. My sister loved playing the part of spoiled rich brat but not me so one day as we were entering into our school years; the big decision between private school, boarding school or public school was presented to us. I jumped at the chance to attend public school; now you got to understand I had already been "home schooled" up until now & would probably continue to be groomed to take over the company one day. Oh yes father was already starting that at such a young age; needless to say my parents where shocked about my decision but allowed it to take place. I told them my wish for a normal up bringing until it was absolutely necessary for me to be groomed for the company & just like that they respected my wishes.

My sister was sent off to boarding school that would travel abroad while I started my normal childhood. My first day of elementary school is where I met Andy; we bonded over our love of comic books & became instant best friends. From that day on we did everything together from t-ball to karate, sleep overs at my house which resulted in us terrorizing the house elf….it was great. Oh did I forget to mention both Andy & I cam from a wizarding family?

Fast forwarding to the day Andy & I parted ways for wizarding school. I went to Durmstrang just like every man in my family while Andy attended Hogwarts. Anyways already having had my heart broken twice (yes before the age of 11; he's definitely his father's son) I had adopted the hard shell that all the girls found so damned appealing for some reason. I was ready for them though; I just give them a look & they backed off…my dad had started grooming me to take over the company as per our deal when I was very young & this was part of it…he told me to use my hurt from my relationships & build a wall so I did. However the second I made the Quidditch team there was one girl who sunk her claws into me & wouldn't back off; Head Girl Shannon Tucker.

Now fast forwarding once more; the day I graduated from Durmstrang I was supposed to take over the family business however things changed. Of course the moment I told my father that I did not want the business he was not happy; he cut me off financially which was just fine with me. I've been traveling every since then doing odd jobs & learning new things.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -

Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
It had taken a long time for Santiago to get over the hurt in his heart bestowed upon him by various females. It used to be that if he seen a woman in distress he'd ignore her…well not so much ignore her but that he wouldn't help her himself; however he would find someone suitable to help. Now after much healing he is a whole new person; as such he wished for a relationship with his father.

He was on his way to meet his father for lunch when he seen the redhead fall as well as her heel break. He was much too far away to hear her voice however as no one else was stopping to help the poor girl, he made his way over to her only stopping a moment to retrieve her broken shoe then looked at her "Lets get you out of the middle of the street."

He has a deep Spanish accent with dazzling blue eyes, thick brown hair & a slight beard that needs to be shaved. As he held his hand out to her she'd be able to see his hands are rough with calluses which are a result of hard work. If she took his hand then he would carry her over to a bench so he could work on her shoe but if not then he would work on it right there,

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

Calypso Ross

(22/01/2020 at 19:04)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Santiago, welcome to the site!

Your application looks good, there's just one small thing you'll need to change before we can get you accepted.

In your biography, you mention that Santiago fell for the Head Girl, Shannon Tucker, while he was at Durmstrang. Given that someone else might also have roleplayed being at Durmstrang in the years that Santiago was there, we don't assign NPC names to positions like Head Girl (or allow members to say their characters held those positions) to keep things open and fair for everyone. You can either remove Shannon Tucker as a name fro your biography and just mention that he fell for the Head Girl, or you can keep her as Shannon Tucker but remove the reference to Head Girl.

Once you've made the required change, please repost your entire revised application below, and we'll be more than happy to take another look. Thanks!
I'VE GOT A BLANK SPACE BABY
AND I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

Santiago Nightingdale

(22/01/2020 at 23:03)
    • View Profile
Hi Santiago, welcome to the site!

Your application looks good, there's just one small thing you'll need to change before we can get you accepted.

In your biography, you mention that Santiago fell for the Head Girl, Shannon Tucker, while he was at Durmstrang. Given that someone else might also have roleplayed being at Durmstrang in the years that Santiago was there, we don't assign NPC names to positions like Head Girl (or allow members to say their characters held those positions) to keep things open and fair for everyone. You can either remove Shannon Tucker as a name fro your biography and just mention that he fell for the Head Girl, or you can keep her as Shannon Tucker but remove the reference to Head Girl.

Once you've made the required change, please repost your entire revised application below, and we'll be more than happy to take another look. Thanks!

I don't know if I am missing it but I could not find the place to edit my original post so with that said I decided to just go ahead & add a revised application below.

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Santiago Nightingdale
Blood Status: Pure Blood

Education:
Durmstrang, Class of '52

Residence:
Lives in London ~ Heart will always belong to Spain

Occupation
None

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
Unknown; where ever the wind takes him.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 12
  • Divination: 4
  • Transfiguration: 8
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
None

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
You know the old saying "born with a silver spoon in their mouth"? Well with most people that is played off as a joke but not my sister & I; we quite literally were born in a class of privilege. My sister loved playing the part of spoiled rich brat but not me so one day as we were entering into our school years; the big decision between private school, boarding school or public school was presented to us. I jumped at the chance to attend public school; now you got to understand I had already been "home schooled" up until now & would probably continue to be groomed to take over the company one day. Oh yes father was already starting that at such a young age; needless to say my parents where shocked about my decision but allowed it to take place. I told them my wish for a normal up bringing until it was absolutely necessary for me to be groomed for the company & just like that they respected my wishes.

My sister was sent off to boarding school that would travel abroad while I started my normal childhood. My first day of elementary school is where I met Andy; we bonded over our love of comic books & became instant best friends. From that day on we did everything together from t-ball to karate, sleep overs at my house which resulted in us terrorizing the house elf….it was great. Oh did I forget to mention both Andy & I cam from a wizarding family?

Fast forwarding to the day Andy & I parted ways for wizarding school. I went to Durmstrang just like every man in my family while Andy attended Hogwarts. Anyways already having had my heart broken twice (yes before the age of 11; he's definitely his father's son) I had adopted the hard shell that all the girls found so damned appealing for some reason. I was ready for them though; I just give them a look & they backed off…my dad had started grooming me to take over the company as per our deal when I was very young & this was part of it…he told me to use my hurt from my relationships & build a wall so I did. However the second I made the Quidditch team there was one girl who sunk her claws into me & wouldn't back off; the Head Girl.

Now fast forwarding once more; the day I graduated from Durmstrang I was supposed to take over the family business however things changed. Of course the moment I told my father that I did not want the business he was not happy; he cut me off financially which was just fine with me. I've been traveling every since then doing odd jobs & learning new things.

Roleplay: 
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character:

Option One -

Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:
It had taken a long time for Santiago to get over the hurt in his heart bestowed upon him by various females. It used to be that if he seen a woman in distress he'd ignore her…well not so much ignore her but that he wouldn't help her himself; however he would find someone suitable to help. Now after much healing he is a whole new person; as such he wished for a relationship with his father.

He was on his way to meet his father for lunch when he seen the redhead fall as well as her heel break. He was much too far away to hear her voice however as no one else was stopping to help the poor girl, he made his way over to her only stopping a moment to retrieve her broken shoe then looked at her "Lets get you out of the middle of the street."

He has a deep Spanish accent with dazzling blue eyes, thick brown hair & a slight beard that needs to be shaved. As he held his hand out to her she'd be able to see his hands are rough with calluses which are a result of hard work. If she took his hand then he would carry her over to a bench so he could work on her shoe but if not then he would work on it right there,

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

Calypso Ross

(27/01/2020 at 17:57)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Santiago,

Thanks for editing that! (We don't have an edit button for applications, as it's much easier for us to track app changes via reposts instead.)

Your application looks great now, there's just one thing I missed when reading the first time around. Your lowest level (Divination) needs to be at least half of your highest level (Charms). This means that if you want your Charms level to be 12, your Divination level needs to be at least 6, so you'd need to take levels away from Transfiguration/Summoning and put them in Divination instead. Alternatively, you could lower your Chars level and put some of those levels in Divination.

Apologies for missing that the first time! If you could repost your entire revised application below again with the edited levels, then we can get you accepted. If you have any questions about levels, let me know. Thank you!
cherry lips, crystal skies
i could show you incredible things

stolen kisses, pretty lies
you're the king, baby, i'm your queen

Tags: