Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Titania Carmen Dianthe Duke  (Read 620 times)

Titania Duke

(29/10/2016 at 20:04)
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Titania Carmen Dianthe Duke

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Sebastian & Madelyn Duke

Residence:
Mercutio Manor, Hampshire, UK

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Valencia B. Alvear and co.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
“It tasted very sweet, Father, the ice cream,” said Titania wistfully as she brushed her china doll’s flaxen-colored locks. Strawberry swirl in a sugar cone with chocolate syrup drizzled on top—her most favorite thing in the world after that pearlescent embroidery floss her nanny, Janice, gifted her with just the day before. This time they had even formed a strawberry rose for her ice cream this time, which might have been even better than the new sheet music Janice had given to her today, too. “Like a dream, Father, and I never wanted to wake up!”

Bittersweet was Titania’s departure from the Ice Creamery. If the painter hadn’t been scheduled on this day (Saturday, three o’clock on the dot—Janice had reminded her), then she and Janice could have stayed just a little bit longer. Either way, Titania supposed, she would end up sitting on Father’s knee where she would tell him the events of the morning and afternoon and her dreams from the night prior.

“Oh, oh, last night I dreamt that I was somewhere near the ocean, and it was green and smoother than glass...” She stared at the painter for a moment, who in turned stared back. “Would you like to hear about my dream too, Mr. Painter?”

He muttered something and flicked a flat brush against his palette (how terribly rude, she seethed quietly, yet forming a sweet-tempered smile instead). Titania took it as a yes; her offers, after all, weren’t typically refused. Mother said that it was only natural that nobody could resist the family darling. “I might’ve been a mermaid, or—oh, Father! Perhaps I was a sea fairy!” Mermaids were anything but mystical, despite the claims of her playmates. Fairies, somewhat simple and vain as they were, were by far the more charming between the two species.

(Like a certain sibling of hers; the thought made Titania fondly titter.)

Wings captured her attention more easily, anyway. The ocean below could be so dark and scary, filled with unknown monsters and cephalopods. With wings, Titania could fly free and forever and not live in fear of being a giant squid’s next meal.

“I had azure wings that were thin as ice and they reflected rainbows on the water, and I walked upon the water with the most delicate step that was softer than flower petals, and then the clouds looked like they were made of candy floss!” She painted the scene with the gouache that made her dreams: baby pinks, sunrise yellows, clear sky blues. Delicate like watercolors yet vivid like acrylic.

“Mona, I believe,” Titania took the moment to stare lovingly into the eyes of the doll made in her own image, “was in the dream too.”

The clock chimed four o’clock (goodness, had she really been sitting that long?), and Titania rushed out of the parlor and into the arms of dear Janice, surrounded by a fit of giggles and a childhood pearlescent glow. My darling, her mother always sighed, my little darling.

Still dressed in ruffled skirts and ingenuity, she really couldn’t imagine herself being anything but that.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

Threading stem through stem for flower crowns proved to be more difficult than threading embroidery floss through fabric. Titania’s frown deepened as every stem snapped and flopped like a sad, limp piece of licorice. It should have been so much easier than this! Janice had told her it would be a nice do-it-yourself craft project for their weekly afternoon outing, and everyone knew that Titania loved craft projects; however, she now couldn’t shake of the idea that maybe Janice was just trying to embarrass her.

It was a scene that should have been painted in oils or acrylic: two basket-loads of bright, blushing flowers on a fairy’s right and left side, said fairy dressed in her best lily-white frock while sitting on a pristine picnic blanket, and everything placed under a lemonade sun and a bluebell sky. The only flaw would be her budding frustration at this failing craft project.

Really, she was better than this! Titania proudly owned the title of being the Artist in her family. She would have to make the stems cooperate somehow before she lost that title before the end of the day. Oh, what would Mother say if she saw darling Titania fail at flower crowns?

Slowly, Titania the Artist took one last flower (a cotton candy pink overloaded with petals like Janice’s dinner plate) and braided it with the rest (a technicolor rainbow of colors that clashed like her brothers Mercutio and Marcellus). Her face lit up like a summer afternoon—would she really do it this time? “Janice, come see!” she gushed, attempting to continue her work in her excitement. “I might be able to do it correctly this time!” And if she did, her doll Mona would certainly love to model for her, and maybe her older sister, and maybe Pandora, and maybe even Mercutio if he wasn’t too busy—

"You!"

Snap.

Her gaze floated quietly from the cotton candy pink, petal-overloaded flower to the blonde, beastly little girl that broke the emerald green stem with nothing more than her voice. “I…”

"...Do you want to play?"

Titania slumped onto the checkered pattern of her picnic blanket and covered her face with her dainty palms. “I don’t like you.”

(Oh, what would Mother say!)

OTHER
How did you find us? TopSites

* Martin Hawksworth

(01/11/2016 at 23:55)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Accepted!
...loneliness makes the loudest noise...

Tags: