We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Ren Cole | Elsewhere Child  (Read 710 times)

Lawrence Cole

(25/01/2018 at 02:36)
  • Gryffindor '63
  • C9D6T9S9
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character Name: Lawrence (Ren) Russell Cole

Bloodline:
Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Vera Cole (PC) & Asher Cole (PC)

Residence: Hogsmeade

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?Daycare

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Vera Cole, Julia Cole, Olette Clarington-DuPont

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Ren is the third child out of five. He has lived his whole life in Hogsmeade. He enjoys learning guitar from his father, and keeps 3-year-old Dahlia entertained. He has an older sister, Miranda, who is too grown up for his taste. She’s only 10 but likes to boss him around. Ren just wants to run around and play and have fun. He doesn’t see his oldest sister terribly often since she went to Hogwarts, but he thinks she’s pretty cool.

During the summer, his mother, father, and oldest sister went to St. Mungo’s for his new youngest sibling to be born, while he, Miranda, and Dahlia were watched by the neighbor. Ren hoped he’d get a brother, already being surrounded by sisters. But when his father came home the next morning with tears in his eyes, it was worse than he could have imagined.

It was strange, having a ghost as a mother. She couldn’t play with him like she used to, and was sad a lot. But she was still around, at least? With their mother unable to do much for them, Ren and Dahlia were enrolled into daycare, while Miranda stayed home and helped her take care of his new sister (yes, sister), Mara.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

It was such a nice day outside, so Ren’s father had taken them all out to the park for the day. While Ren was upset that his mommy couldn’t do fun things anymore, he was glad because his dad let them play more. Mommy would always tell them to be careful, about everything.

The seven-year-old boy watched as the older kids flew around, chasing a snitch. He had seen kids playing Quidditch before, and he knew one day, he’d be a great Quidditch player. He really enjoyed sports and things.

Then he saw the young girl, on her toy broom. It looked like his that his father had brought with them. Ren loved flying on it. His father would chase him while he flew, trying to catch him, but he never could! Ren flew far too fast for him.

“You!” Ren turned to the girl barking at him. Normally only Miranda talked to him like that. “Do you want to play?”

“Uh, sure!” He exclaimed, a little taken aback. “What do you want to play? I could help you fly, maybe?” Ren really wanted to play on his broom, but was a little scared to tell this girl no to playing. He just hoped he could convince her to get back on her broom.

OTHER
How did you find us? Been here foreeveeeeeeeer

* Anneka Ivanova

(31/01/2018 at 02:20)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: