We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Derek Murray | Elsewhere Adult  (Read 627 times)

Derek Murray

(06/12/2017 at 04:54)
  • Dragon Trainer
  • C10D5T9S8
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Derek Murray
Blood Status: Pureblood

Education: Durmstrang

Residence: London, England

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place? The Ministry

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 10
  • Divination: 5
  • Transfiguration: 9
  • Summoning: 8
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? He'd like to be approved as a group with Breanna Murray, because she's his wife.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site: Brock Sanders, Breanna Murray

Biography:
The night of November 6th 1926 was met by a frigid dousing of icy rain. The moonless sky overhead lent no aid to the shadowy darkness that had shrouded London in a black veil. A cold finger of wind lurked up and down the streets, knocking on the loose shutters and whistling through the cracks between every gnarled board.

A withered midwife took in the miserable scene with what was left of her ancient eyes from an upper-story bedroom in a rundown house. "'Tis a bad omen," she croaked, her low voice rasping painfully in her throat. "A bad omen indeed." She shook her head sadly and glanced across the room at the beautiful young woman who was gazing down at her newly-delivered baby. "The child will be forever doomed to a life of misfortune."

On that day, the decrepit woman couldn't have had so much as an inkling of how right her prediction would be. But alas, her words would ring truer than true for Derek Murray in the coming days and years.

Scarcely a month had passed before Derek's father, Henry Hunt, stormed out on his heartbroken wife, Priscilla Murray. "I never wanted to deal with a kid!" he had shouted, his angry fists coming dangerously close to his cowering wife and child. "You understand? I never wanted to be a parent!"

Tears falling from her eyes like fat raindrops, Priscilla had gathered her baby boy up in her arms and fled to the countryside in hopes of never seeing her abusive husband again. It was there, in a tiny cottage on the outskirts of a small village, that she raised her son. Alone in their community and alone in rearing the active toddler, she struggled for years to make ends meet. Though she and Derek had a hard life, then, it was a happy time for both of them, filled with laughter and joy and love.

Unfortunately, it came to end when Derek received an admittance letter to Durmstrang in November of 1937 and left home to attend school in late August of the next year. "I will ALWAYS come back to you, Mother," he proclaimed as she bawled into his shoulder like a new baby. "I'll NEVER forget you!"

She wasn't there to come back to, however, after he completed his first year at Durmstrang. She had contracted a deadly virus and passed away before he could return to her side.

After learning of his mother's demise, Derek threw himself vigorously into his studies. Durmstrang became his new home and he became one of the most popular students there. Dragons became his one true passion in life, and he took every single class offered in dragoncology. After graduating from Durmstrang in 1945, he headed to a wizarding university in America to further his studies of dragons. In 1950, he completed his training with the American university and moved to London.

One day, while exploring the streets of Diagon Alley, Derek met a gorgeous young woman by the name of Breanna. He expressed interest in courting her and the two began their relationship over butterbeers in the Leaky Cauldron. They courted for a few months before getting married in December of 1951.

Roleplay:
Option One -
Amelia Nixon was many things, but she was never a pushover reporter that people could just usher away with a busy shuffle past. She was dedicated and eager to cut to the very middle of the current political tensions because she was Amelia Nixon and her articles would most certainly become front page material.

“Sir, please! It’s for the Prophet, how do you feel-“

Another one brushed passed her, the shuffling busy masses making their way through Diagon Alley for the lunchtime rush. This had been the best possible time to get people, but none of them were giving her anything to go with.

Only momentarily discouraged, the short red headed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. Her quill resting in her left hand and her notepad ready in the opposite hand. Amelia pouted, tapping the quill against her leg as she scanned the waves of people for somebody - anybody - who looked like they had something to say.

She had been dreaming of her name in bold print, Amelia Nixon: The Source of Today’s Tomorrow. She had been dreaming of the larger office and the secretaries that would fetch her the morning coffee and fetch her anything she needed. The VIP interviews and the most exclusive press passes. But all Amelia had was a page seventeen piece on the rising number of frogs in London.

Hardened by a day of no success, the reporter stood up and started to trod off down the alley. A loose stone on the cobble path caught her heel, sending the distraught girl toppling down to the ground.

“Merlin’s fog watch, my heel is broken! Help!” she yelled as she tried desperately to recover her shoe frantically in the middle of the Diagon Alley moving crowds.

Roleplay Response:

Humming to himself, Derek Murray casually strolled through the chaotic jumble of witches and wizards that were littered throughout Diagon Alley. It had been an exceptionally long day and he was more than ready for a break. Of course, even a long break with a mug of butterbeer wouldn't be able to fix everything. Despite that miniscule fact, Derek had high hopes for today's butterbeer.

As he skirted around clusters of chattering people, he could almost feel the foamy liquid running down his throat like rain through a rain gutter. The sweet substance almost seemed to be frothing in his hand and the warm mug seemed to be resting on his cold palms. Honestly, the alluring call of the waiting butterbeer shouted louder than the throngs of people and reeled him in closer with every imagined sense.

Unable to concentrate on anything but the promise of butterbeer at the end of the alley, Derek didn't notice the young woman sprawled across the cobblestone street until it was almost too late.

"Merlin’s fog watch," she hollered from her unfortunate position on the ground. "My heel is broken! Help!"

Ever a knight in shining armor, Derek leaped in to rescue the girl who was so obviously in distress. After saving the lost heel in a mad dive, he smirked at it. "You know, maybe you women should consider wearing better shoes once in a while. My wife has this problem all the time, too." Shaking his head ruefully, he met a small smile creep across his lips. "Quite a sight to behold, though!"

He passed the offending shoe back to its distressed owner, he offered her his hand. "Need some help getting your feet under you?"

OTHER
How did you find us? Recommendation

* Anneka Ivanova

(31/12/2017 at 18:44)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: