We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Eileen Victoria Emerson  (Read 832 times)

Sweeney Renard

(01/12/2012 at 03:00)
  • Charms Professor
  • C12 D18 T15 S14
  • Donor
    • View Profile

Application for Salem Institute

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Eileen Victoria Emerson

Birthday: June 21

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): Sophomore, Freshman

Biography:
Eileen Victoria Emerson was the second of two daughters born to Foster and Laura Emerson.  Her sister, Alice Camille Emerson, was older by a mere five-and-a-half minutes (though she would never let Eileen forget it).

Foster Emerson came from a prominent wizarding family in Wales.  During his time as a Slytherin at Hogwarts, he began dating a half-blood, Laura McEvoy.  His family objected to their relationship for two reasons: 1) Laura was not a pure-blood and therefore would soil the family’s bloodline, and 2) she was a Hufflepuff and the Emerson’s belonged solely to Slytherin.  After Foster and Laura’s engagement, he was slated to be disowned by the family and removed as the successor to the Emerson mansion in Cardiff.  However, the day following the engagement, Foster’s parents were involved in a tragic accident before any changes could be made and Foster took his position as the head of the family.

Foster and Laura continued to taint the Emerson name.  The pair were only blessed with two twin daughters: Alice and Eileen.  That meant that Alice was on track to become the heiress to the family throne, which would cause yet another stain on the family tree.  However, on the twin’s eleventh birthday, Alice did not receive an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. 

Alice was a squib, which meant that Eileen would be attending Hogwarts without her twin sister.

By this point, Foster had enough with the disappointments he continued bringing to the family name.  Foster promptly wrote Hogwarts and informed them that if both of his daughters were not accepted to the school, then neither of them would be attending.  When Hogwarts stood it’s ground that Alice could not attend, Foster picked up the family and moved them to America – The Land of Opportunity; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to be exact.

For the first several years, Alice and Eileen were tutored at home by a private wizard tutor.  It was the job of the tutor to not only keep Alice’s status as a squib a secret, but also work extremely hard with her to try and make it possible to turn her into a witch yet.  While Eileen appreciated the fact that she was able to train to become a proper witch, she was jealous as she didn’t feel she was being adequately trained because the tutor spent twice as much time with Alice than he did with her.

That was until something strange happened at the beginning of what was supposed to be 1975. The wizarding universe was practically ripped apart at its seams, and suddenly Alice ceased to exist.

At first the disappearance wreaked havoc on Eileen.  The first few weeks were miserable.  Eileen cried herself to sleep.  Though at times Eileen’s jealousy raged over the attention her squib sister received, nothing could erase the fact that Alice was Eileen’s twin sister and best friend.  Over time, the memories of Alice started to fade.  Soon, Eileen didn’t even remember that she had ever had a sister; but that didn’t stop Eileen’s strange feeling that a part of her was missing.  There were also the strange, reoccurring dreams and flashbacks that Eileen had of childhood memories; memories of someone who looked strangely identical to herself.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

Society Request: Rook

Personality: The Emerson’s have always been a secluded family.  Because of this, Eileen tends to get nervous around other people and comes off as a shy individual.  This is not far from the truth though, as Eileen is normally quite and reserve with people she doesn’t know extremely well. 

Once you are able to create a special bond with Eileen, you will see and girl who is trusting, sensitive, and kind.  She enjoys helping other and doesn’t expect much in return.  Eileen tends to take some things too seriously, though she tries not to show people that something is bothering her; instead she bottles it up until she feels as if she is about to explode.

Eileen is very much an individual.  She doesn’t like to take the lead, but she doesn’t like to follow others.  She prefers to take her own path, being as original and unconventional as possible in the process.  She learns best with hands-on training (which of course is most practical in preparing to be a witch) though she mostly prefers those tasks to being challenging and not repetitive.

Appearance:  Eileen has naturally brown hair.  Depending on how the light hits, it may appear to have a reddish tint to it; a trait that she got from her mother.  She has brown eyes, though both her mom and dad also have brown eyes so it was no surprise.  She stands 5’6” tall and weighs about 115 pounds

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to the Sample Roleplay below.

What were partner projects about anyway?

Simon wasn't a loner, but he loathed any type of assignment that required him to team up with anyone. In his book, the only truly trustworthy student was himself. So naturally, when he'd been instructed to team of with a classmate and turn in a research report on the Muggle-American Civil War, Simon had been rather disappointed.

The library that afternoon was deserted aside from Simon and his partner. Before them lay a plethora of textbooks. Wars: Old and New by Kevin Torvalt. When You Say Civil... by Emma Jean. Each book was old and worn even more than the last. In a way, it was almost impressive that the books had lasted this long and still been put to such good use. Simon figured that there weren't many things for which that could be said.

Simon leafed through a copy of Understanding America by Harvey Wires, sighing heavily as each page flipped over on top of itself. He wondered what the student next to him was thinking. He was thinking that this was a drag. These books were probably boring beyond belief, despite their interesting appearance. The library was stuffy from the heat outside. Finally growing too bored from the text, Simon slammed the book shut and sat upright.

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?"

Eileen sat in the library across from her project partner leafing through book after book on the Muggle American Civil War.  Reading about history bored her, Eileen would much rather go to see the sites where the battles happened and watch the reconstructions.  At the same time, she didn’t understand how learning about the Muggle American Civil War would make her a better witch.

"How about I write the essay and stuff? You can just put your name on it. Sound good?"

Eileen slammed the book shut.  Dramatic?  Yes, but she was tired of Simon and his piss poor attitude towards this assignment.

“I will not put my name on something that I had nothing to do with.”  Eileen huffed.  “If you want to work on this by yourself, fine by me!” she continued.  “I’ll be in the Professor’s office first thing tomorrow explaining your proposition.  I will request for him to place me with another group or to allow me to work on this by myself, but I will not continue to work with you!”  She was yelling. It was not like her to yell.  It was not like her to make a scene.  I was not like her to break the rule, but it was a library and Eileen was yelling.

Perhaps it was the sweltering temperature of the library, but it was probably just Simon himself.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): Aubrey Rousseau, et al.

How did you find us?:

Margot Lecuyier

(01/12/2012 at 04:22)
    • View Profile

Miss Emerson,

Congratulations, your application to Salem Institute has been accepted.

Term begins 01 January 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Institute.

Regards,
t w o r a v e n s i n t h e o l d o a k t r e e
one for you and one for me
b l u e b e l l s i n t h e l a t e d e c e m b e r

I   S E E   S I G N S   N O W   A L L   T H E   T I M E .

Tags: