We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Alice Cantrell  (Read 596 times)

Alice Cantrell

(03/04/2013 at 09:16)
  • 4th Year
  • C5D4T4S3
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Alice Cantrell

Birthday: April 30

Hometown: Manchester, England

Bloodline: Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one): Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): Fourth or Third

Biography:
The Cantrell family, although being a legitimately pure bloodline, were rather low in the Wizarding society due to poor financial - and consequently social- standing and had remained in relative seclusion for several generations. Alice Lorraine Cantrell was the youngest of three and the only daughter born to the family in four generations. She was named after her maternal grandmother who had died earlier that year. Alice was raised along with her two brothers, Weston and Calcifer, in their countryside home just outside of Barnsley, England.

From an early age, Alice followed in her brothers’ footsteps: reading what they read, going wherever they went, studying the spells they studied. She wanted to know what they knew, to do what they could do. She wanted to be strong and capable like Weston or witty and confident like Calcifer. There was nothing that prickled her more than being left out of their games or their lessons; if she was just like them, then they had to include her, right? She quickly developed a profound desire for knowledge – to know things, to get ahead with intellect.

Both of the boys eventually attended Hogwarts and were rather successful there, but when the time came for Alice to go as well, she was not allowed to attend. On account of her supposed immaturity, among other reasons, Alice was home-schooled for a few years until the summer the Cantrells sold their countryside home and moved to Manchester. With both of her parents gone to work in the city, Alice was free to go away to school with her brothers, “to properly study magic”, and to finally be able to break out of the protective shell of her family.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff; Alice would fit perfectly fine into either. While schoolwork is not her main priority, she enjoys reading and learning immensely because she likes knowing things; she despises ignorance and prefers to be prepared. However, she is a genuinely friendly, accepting, and compassionate person; Alice looks past the all the labels and pretenses that people put up and accepts them for who they are. She is trusting and hopeful, often to a fault.

Personality: Alice wants to make things happen, she just doesn't always have the means of accomplishing her goals. She is controversial, spontaneous and a catalyst to those around her, often provoking others into action along with her. Alice enjoys being acquainted with a variety of people. She sees the big picture and tends to be more emotional rather than logical. She is generally good-natured but is also frequently immature and jealous. Though she may be book-smart, Alice lacks the worldly-experience that would keep her out of some of the sticky situations that she inevitably gets herself into.

Appearance: Alice has thick black hair and hazel eyes; she is pale, freckled, and fairly average looking. She is very short and petite and not at all athletically inclined, although she does prefer wearing boots with her dresses.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.

”Hey!” An airy voice called from behind her. Looking over her shoulder, Alice didn’t recognize her face and wondered what she might need. She would normally be up for meeting someone new but she didn’t really have the time.

“Wait up! It’s for the paper!” She stopped at that, as well as the fact that the girl’s longer stride had brought her to Alice much quicker than she anticipated and it would have been blatantly rude to ignore her by that point.

The girl flounced over in a flurry with parchment and a quill at the ready. She really needed to be going or she would be late for her tutoring session again and Calcifer was reluctant to help her as it was so she wasn’t too keen on pressing her luck by keeping him waiting.

“What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

“Pardon? What was that about…frog legs?” She asked, furrowing her brow. Maybe she had a moment to spare, this sounded kind of interesting. They were serving frog legs? But she hadn’t seen any frog legs? Maybe, she thought with a grimace, she had eaten one by accident. That was a possibility. There was that questionable dish they had served at dinner two nights before…

“Well, I hadn’t heard about that, although I can’t say it would surprise me if they did. A delicacy, huh? I don’t think I could eat a frog leg unless someone paid me to do it.”

She gave a small laugh. “I’m Alice, by the way. In case you need that for the quote. I hope that answers your question…What was your name?”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): N/A

How did you find us?: Google!

Eirwen Medraut

(03/04/2013 at 09:44)
  • Secrétaire Des Admission & Conseiller
  • C17D12T13S9
    • View Profile
Miss Cantrell,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May, 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Eirwen Medraut,
Secretaire des Admissions & Conseiller
Beauxbatons Academy
« Last Edit: 27/04/2013 at 03:19 by Ophelie Lecuyier »

Tags: