We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: wands and wand lore?  (Read 1345 times)

Casey Grace

(21/03/2015 at 20:39)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
    • View Profile
So I'm new and I've been wondering about wands and wand lore here. Is this an active subject of interest to people? Do we still go to Olivander's for wands or inherit them and whatnot? I'm just curious about how wands work and all.

* Martin Hawksworth

(21/03/2015 at 23:12)
  • Auror
  • C24D25T22S16
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Hello Casey!

Wands and wand lore are very much a part of our world, just as in Harry Potter. It is up to you whether your character inherits their wand of course, as some of our roleplayed families have written such an act into their backgrounds. It is totally your choice. However, although we play within the universe created by Rowling, we absolutely do not have a connection to the characters written for Harry Potter - just as if they never did or will exist.

We have had several shops over the years that specialized in the selling, and sometimes creation, of wands and currently we have The Velvet Box in Knockturn Alley that specializes in wands. If your character is a bit young to be venturing into such a place, then feel free to say that they are shopping in other locations. When we do not currently have a specific shop being run by a character, we write up our own scenarios!
« Last Edit: 21/03/2015 at 23:16 by Martin Hawksworth »

Casey Grace

(21/03/2015 at 23:25)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C2D1T1S0
    • View Profile
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Dacian Ellwood-Luxe

(26/03/2015 at 18:23)
  • Missing Person
  • C7D11T6S8
  • Superlative Winner - Most Perceptive
    • View Profile
As for lore -- sorry to butt in -- here's a super nifty Article on site lore from our Wiki! It does cite Pottermore wand woods and meanings, but also includes exotic cores and other woods as well unique to this site.

<3

UBI CARITAS ET AMOR, DEUS IBI EST. CONGREGAVIT NOS IN UNUM CHRISTI AMOR. EXSULTEMUS, ET IN IPSO JUCUNDEMUR. TIMEAMUS, ET AMEMUS DEUM VIVUM. ET EX CORDE DILIGAMUS  NOS SINCERO.  Amen.

Tags: