We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Jude Holiday | Elsewhere Teen  (Read 803 times)

Jude Holiday

(11/05/2018 at 12:44)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D4T3S5
    • View Profile
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Jude Francis Holiday

Bloodline:
Muggleborn

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Richard Jay Holiday (father) - NPC
Barbara Rose Holiday (mother) - NPC
Marlena Holiday (sister) - NPC
Annabeth Holiday (sister) - NPC
Linda Marie Clarke (aunt/guardian) - NPC

Residence:
San Francisco born and bred, though he’s been at Ilvermorny (Horned Serpent) for the past three years before he was pulled out of school.
He’s recently had to move to a sleepy muggle town not too far from Hogsmeade where his mother’s relatives are staying.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No.

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Lucian Grey, Simon Bukowski, Cordelia Grey.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Once upon a time, there lived a family of Squares with one round peg, all living together in a little box made of ticky-tacky, surrounded by white picket fences, pools and manicured lawns. The American dream, almost.

Even in diapers, he hadn’t fit in. When they received his letter in the mail, it seemed like a critical part of the truth had finally snapped into place. He might not be adopted, but he was definitely not the same. The day the train left for Ilvermorny was a relief to everyone, only to be united in their discomfort during the long summers when he returned to live under their roof once more, forced to follow their rules.

He had never been good at following rules. And there were many. Rules on what to watch, what to wear, what to like, what to say. There were rules on how to dream. Rules on who should be loved and how and how much. Rules on religion and race that were meant to keep him from associating with the wrong sort. Rules to stop him from rocking the boat at every turn he could. Which he did anyway. Because unlike rebels without causes, he found his. Picked them up like strays in their multitude. Picketing. Defamation. The charges never really stuck.

Let your voice be heard, they said. But not too much. Be who you are, except who they told you not to be. Perfection, he learnt, was a disease that infected both body and soul, breeding hypocrisy.

In the end, after his third year, the parental squares pulled him out of Ilvermorny for lewd conduct. They blamed the school mostly, for their lack of vigilance, for allowing their son to violate the statutes on morals so thoroughly. He faced his father’s wrath like a soldier. And with belts and fists, he was punished, often. Strictly for his benefit, or course.

The hegemony was fighting back, and the sentence was clear.

Conformity or exile.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Hogsmeade. A quaint little town in the middle of nowhere special. A secret, magical community where witches and wizards went about their daily lives without fear of being discovered. Apart from that novelty for Jude, the only other thing worth writing home about was the decent sweet shop. Not that he ever did write home -- or rather he had stopped several weeks ago, when Annabeth’s replies had grown increasingly more infrequent, a sign if any that she no longer deserved them.

This morning he was reading Hawthorne. Legs crossed under him in the grass beneath a tree, taking breaks every now and then to feel one with the universe on such a pleasant morning. Maybe it was a sign he should spend more time outside as spending the hours trapped in his aunt’s house always made him feel even more like the prisoner that he already was.

Absently he turned back to his book just as the cry from the small child reached him. A girl, her broomstick already fallen to the ground where she had thrown it before turned towards him.

A razor green gaze shifted over the teacup girl as if to size her up, feeling somewhat surprised that he would be chosen as a playmate even at his age.

“Not really,” he said, shrug. “I don’t play with demanding little girls.”

He was about to leave it at that and return to his book, but something about the fire in her blue eyes caused by her sense of worldly injustice caught his attention.

“Instead I’ll tell you a story that is neither true nor untrue, if you ask me nicely.”

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

* Anneka Ivanova

(15/05/2018 at 02:35)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: