We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Red Märchen | Elsewhere Child  (Read 823 times)

Red Märchen

(05/06/2016 at 23:37)
  • Runaway
  • C8D5T4S5
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character Name: Red Märchen

Bloodline: Halfblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Hans and Sarah Märchen (NPCS)

Residence:
Black Forest - Baden-Württemberg, Germany (originated)
Swansea, Wales (migrated, c. 1938)

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)? N/A

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason? N/A

Please list any other characters you already have at the site: Ars, Nadine, and the rest of the crew

Biography: (100 words minimum.)

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. Matthew 10:16

A foal amongst the foliage, born from the first sin and tainted with its rogue. Prodigal, primordial, she weeps the thalassic tears of the red sea, for she is alone in this world carved from ubiquitous autonomy. 

("All the better to see you with.")

Uprooted, the girl wandered further from the sanctuary of her mother’s poison canopy, where lie-spun ivy clung to her flesh as if it owned her. Against her fire, it burned, and she emerged victorious and naïve from the clutches of a Religious cult, The Maker’s Mark.*  As she strayed from the riverside, from her Shepard and mother, she found her way to an alternative home: her Grandmother’s. Yet, Red was doomed as a lamb amongst wolves and fairies, with only her wit to combat her family’s predatory instincts.

Among the hunters is the Wolf himself, a master of lies and spun secrets, who plans to use his status as her dearest one to parade about her flock.

("All the better to eat you with.")

**The Maker’s Mark- A sect of Christian wizards who believe the emergence of Muggleborns is a mark of god, and hold new wizards and witches in the highest regard, despite social stigmas and Pureblood politics. Outside of their beliefs regarding magic, they act as Catholics would.

Roleplay Response:

Comfort was an intangible essence—a word comprised of too much meaning. Without it, anyone, (even fearless boys with knife smiles) felt fear and darkness, which would inevitably take root in their souls and sprout weeds in their hearts. It would leave them as a hellish skeleton—a ghost of Faust waiting for Mephistopheles to return it to them in the form of sloth or another tonic of sin. It was a necessary want in a world of dark paths and thoughts, and smelled like stew at a Grandmother’s home, or the familiar feel of her bed underfoot.

For Red, specifically, comfort was the feel of the glossy pages of her well-worn bible underneath her fingertips. It had felt like a waste to squander away such a blessed day indoors, so she’d taken her reading to the park and sat delicately upon a picnic blanket, the words from the page coming to her lips as easily as sunlight shone down upon the Earth. This solitude with her Lord felt reassuring, especially as she’d escaped Wolf and his bombardment of half-truths for at least a half hour. It felt good to let her suspicion fall away, and rest.

"You!"

At first, Red didn’t bother to raise her head. Chaos worked around her, and could not creep up like some plague—years of dealing with it had taught her that. The world could have been inverting, with all of Hell’s demons spilling out, and she wouldn’t have known.

Only when she caught the shadow of a girl out of the corner of her eye did she raise her head, clearly displeased and now-

"...Do you want to play?"

-decidedly uncomfortable.

Without closing her Bible (and a finger marking her exact place) she glared frigidly at the fussing young Quidditch hopeful and mustered a smile that only seemed apologetic.

“I can’t.”

It was a simple confession, and with the implication that she had no desire to learn, either.

“Did you hurt yourself? If someone hurts themselves,” (As this was a barbaric, moronic display of brutality, disguised as a game.)

“Come to me. I’ll help you then.”

OTHER

How did you find us?

I'm so terribly lost

* Anneka Ivanova

(13/06/2016 at 23:42)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Accepted!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me