We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Remy // Elsewhere Teen  (Read 546 times)

Remy Marquis

(03/01/2019 at 00:55)
E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Remy Marquis

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?): 
Jeremiah and Bea Marquis

Residence:
London

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No. Hogwarts student but played in elsewhere for now?

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Serena and Co.

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Being a Pureblood had a lot of perks, but it also came with a heavy title, especially if you were an heir. And being the heir to the Marquis throne was hard. The eldest child was being groomed to take over the family’s estate and didn’t like a single moment of it. For all he cared, his younger siblings could take over. Hell, he’d be fine if they enlisted his wild twin cousins, who were likely to burn the place to the ground. He didn’t want it. He wanted to do this own thing.

When he was at Hogwarts, he felt much more free. Without his parents watching over his shoulder, he felt like a completely different person. Sort of. He wasn’t able to fully shed his pureblooded clothes, they were stitched too tightly to who he was. And did he feel a little superior? Yes.

But was it too much to ask for the perks and power without the responsibility? He didn’t think so.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:

Lounging against a tree, he was the picture of ease. It was warm and the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to the elbow, tie he’d donned for the internship with his father undone and hanging loosely around his neck. Ties would never be in fashion for him. Even when he got dressed up he could do without them. Too constricting, which was just fine for his father, but not Remy.

A puff of smoke pushed from his lungs and past his lips. He was supposed to be cutting back but he couldn’t help it. It helped him relax, more than the buttery sun slanting down against his skin. All was calm. But the calm wasn’t lasting. Suddenly a sharp cry cut through his peace.

A little girl, asking him to play. He sighed and sat up a bit, wafting the smoke away with his hand and putting the cigarette out against the tree. The kid was about his sister’s age. And he never felt right smoking around little kids. Still, he didn’t really want to be bothered and he frowned at her without thinking too much about it.

“Don’t you have friends or something? There’s tons of ‘em, right over there,” he motioned vaguely with his hand before slipping back into the shadow and leaning against the tree, hoping she’d take the hint.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

Marina Lamont

(03/01/2019 at 22:50)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C14D8T16S10
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Accepted!
I put my armour on, show you how strong I am
I put my armour on, I'll show you that I am
— I'm unstoppable