We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Amalthea Ramirez | Elswhere Child  (Read 434 times)

Amalthea Ramirez

(29/12/2021 at 13:52)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   C H I L D

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name:  Amalthea Emma Ramirez

Bloodline:
Half-blood

Parents/Guardians (Are they currently played characters?):
Mother - Cynthia Ramirez (NPC)
Father - Nicholas Ramirez (NPC)

Residence:
In a cozy home amidst the bustling city, East London, United Kingdom.

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the daycare)?
No

Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No

Please list any other characters you already have at the site: none

Biography: (100 words minimum.)
Amalthea had been in the foster system for as long as she remembered. All she ever did her whole life was run. Never had she stayed in a foster home for more than two weeks. She was never treated properly in any of the homes, and never felt accepted. This made her a dull, sarcastic and shy girl and she became an introvert. She hid her pains from all those she knew, and talked lesser and lesser each day. She had no friends, and it was seldom that anyone would be kind enough to cheer her up. Amalthea lost hope and no longer wanted to live this life.

Until one day, on her 9th birthday, a family came to take her home. She thought it would be just the same as the others. But after a living for a month with them,  Amalthea realized that she had found her family. The one which will always have her back and love her.

Since then her life has been great. To her and Ramirez family's delight, she was adopted by them. She studied in a muggle school for 2 years (until she received her Hogwarts letter) in London. Her relationship with her family became better and better each day. The once mean Amalthea was now a kind-hearted and happy girl.

She had a few ups and downs then though. Her sister, Benita Ramirez, fell seriously ill and passed away. It broke the whole family. They recovered soon after, but Amy was still heart broken. Benita and Amy had become very close after Amy was taken into the family. Amalthea again became the sarcastic and mean girl that she was before. But fortunately, over a few months, she too moved on.

On her 11th birthday, Amalthea and her brother, Jackson Ramirez received their Hogwarts acceptance letter, which became a turning point in Amy's life.

Roleplay:
Reply as your character to the following:

Godric Park.

Overhead, the sky was a crisp blue, for once clear of the ever-pervasive spongy clouds and rain. The sun was a lemony-yellow presence, high in the Eastern sky, and in front of it zipped three broomsticks in a straight line, or something very like one. One... two..... three... the boys passed, their shouts of excitement echoing as they chased the snitch, a tiny shimmer reflecting the sunlight.

Far below was another, much smaller broomstick.

It trugged along the ground, hugging close to it like a sluggish choo choo train and occasionally shuttering in protest. This was because said stick was currently being occupied by a very small girl who was tugging upward on the front of it with all her might, trying to coax it into doing what it had been expressly designed NOT to do.

"John, I said wait up!" The tiny girl squealed, giving the broomstick another tug.

Begrudgingly, it drifted upward a foot, and then sank, depositing the troublesome girl safely on the ground. Janey Hurst was not pleased. In a huff, she hopped off the toy safety broom, grabbing it firmly and thrusting it handle first into the turf.

Her brother was such a beast. He NEVER let her play! She folded her arms, seething blue eyes fixing on another figure nearby.  "You!" She barked, much more sharply than she meant to.

"...Do you want to play?"

Roleplay Response:
Amy's cat had wandered off again. Her black fur always blended into the surroundings which made it even difficult to find her. Amy was tired of going around the house searching for her almost everyday. "That's it! I'm not going to search for you anymore, Artemis!" She marches out of the house and goes for a walks in the fields. 

Wandering about for a bit, Amy sees a lake, but what was intriguing about it was the fact that it was all dried up. There was a lot of heavy rainfall for the past few weeks and all the other lakes were overflowing. Amy carefully trodded over the mud and went closer to take a better look. But, to Amy's distress, she slipped over it and fell onto the wet mud. Trying to stand up without slipping again, and failing several times, she finally balanced and stood up. Amy didn't didn't quite bother about the mud, it was not new for her. She could be very clumsy at times.

Just then, she heard someone say "Do you want to play?"
Amy turned around and saw a little girl standing there with a broomstick. The girl looked quite annoyed. She looked up to see three boys playing quidditch. Smiling slightly she said, "Those boys givin' you trouble? I don't mind playing with you, what do you want to play though?"

OTHER
How did you find us? : Google
ΣƳΦ
RAVENCLAW

wise up.

Calypso Ross

(29/12/2021 at 18:04)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Hi Amalthea, welcome to the site!

Before I start processing this Elsewhere Child application, can I just double-check whether you want Amalthea to be a played student when term begins on 1 January 2022? As a played student, she'll have access to the Castle board (currently in maintenance mode), be able to participate in classes and activities, and have more threading opportunities with other students.

If you're interested in playing a played student, you'll need to complete the student application instead and post it in Student Applications. You can use the same biography, but the roleplay sample will be different and you have a chance to write more about her personality/Hogwarts house request/etc. as well. Please note that the deadline for student applications is 31 December 2021, as term begins on 1 January 2022.

We usually recommend that newer players jump in on the Castle board first as Elsewhere tends to have more adults than children, which can result in fewer threading opportunities. That said, you're welcome to stick with an Elsewhere Child application if that's what you prefer.

If you could respond to this thread to let me know what you'd like to do, that would be great. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the above and I'll be happy to help. Thank you!

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Amalthea Ramirez

(30/12/2021 at 14:17)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
Hi Calypso!
I would like Amalthea to be a played student when term begins. I have submitted the student application form. Thank you for informing me  :)
We left a life
That's ordinary from the start
We looked for stranger things
'Cause that's just who we are
Found me the edge of something beautiful and loud
Like I'm picturing now

Calypso Ross

(10/01/2022 at 13:39)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C50D30T30S25
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Archived, as the player submitted a Student Application.
cherry lips, crystal skies
i could show you incredible things

stolen kisses, pretty lies
you're the king, baby, i'm your queen

Tags: