Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Theodore Ptolemy  (Read 696 times)

Theodore Bertram Ptolemy

(12/08/2018 at 20:17)
  • Fourth Year
  • C5D3T4S4
    • View Profile
Before you begin, please make sure you have created
an account in your character's full name, and make sure you have read and understand the following:

Site Rules | Magical Rules | Our Rating | FAQ

Should you have any questions, please contact an Administrator.

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name: Theodore Bertram Ptolemy

Birthday: 24th February 1941/40 (dependent on School year accepted to)

Hometown: Woolacombe, Devon, England

Bloodline:
Pureblood

Magical Strength (pick one):
Charms

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination

Year (pick two):
4th (Preffered)
5th (If not)

Biography:
((Journal Entry))
22nd June 1954 - Looking for subjects

Maryanne is being dreadful again. She has decided to find it highly amusing to steal all the nibs from my quills. I have spent approximately 4 hours today searching for them, and so far have found 5 of the 8 that are missing. I havn’t found the really good nib I recieved for christmas yet. She says it’s somewhere “Speshuw”. Is murder really wrong?

Well the answer is of course yes, but it can sometimes be fun to think about. Especially when it regards her. Mother says its a “Phase” and “she will grow out of it, she just wants to play with you!” I am not a toy. I am a young man on the brink of great magial discovery!! I went down the brook yesterday and gathered a whole bunch of billywig wings. Father doesn’t know of course. He thinks I was in my tree reading all day. Which of course I did spend a good while doing just that, its just….I also collected the wings.

The rather disturbing sheep was back again. I am very much not fond of it. It spent 13 minutes and 48 seconds staring at me this time, without blinking. I timed it. Perhaps I will study that too. If I thought I could get away with it I would have practiced the new levitation charm I have been trying to work on upon it, but the last letter Father recieved from the ministry about my doing magic out of school was apparently “The last straw”. Which in itself is a redundant idiom. There are no camels in England.

Im not entirely sure why Mother and Father decided that having another child so late after me was a good idea. 5 Year olds should all be tested for appropriate sibling behaviour, and if found wanting should be locked up until they can be sensible and respectful. I was never such a pain.

I cannot wait to get back to school. I want to check on the experiment I left in the *******. ((Words have been blacked out)).

Can’t be too careful. I wouldn’t put it past Maryanne to spontaneously learn how to read just to ruin my entire last years work. That would make her incredibly happy. That is besides the point. I need to start cultivating the plan. I have less than 2 weeks left before the trip to Diagon to get the new school year supplies. I need to figure out how to slip away from the parentals and get the ingredients I need from the Apothecary. There is always mail order with another students name, but that didn’t do so well last time.

It doesn’t matter what Father says, I will not be working in the Improper Use of Magic office! I am so close to a breakthrough! Im not sure what it will be, but I can feel it in my toes.

Right, signing off. Its time for dinner and its Maryanne’s turn to “help” set the table and I don’t want my cuttlery licked.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Ravenclaw (If not….Slytherin)

Personality:
A little Pedantic. A bookworm, but also an innovator. He likes to experiament with things. He is fairly cheerful when people are holding his attention, but otherwise he is a tad haughty. He is a good lad really, just likes to have things and do things a certain way. On a good day, he is up for adventure. He has a good sense of humour and will participate willingly in most things. He loves strawberries and lamb. He loves eggs but hates bacon. Drinks almost solely tea. On a bad day he is argumentative, condescending, and an all round pain in the ass. He can be very pouty and combative.

Appearance:
Browny red hair, blue eyes, very fair skin and freckles. He doesn’t much care about his looks. He likes his hair colour. Only thing he doesnt like is how skinny he is. He has an immense appetite but never seems to do anything but grow upwards. He slouches a little to combat his height. He also wears fairly baggy clothes.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
You come across one of these posts on the site. Please select one & reply as your character. Remember, you can only roleplay your own character's actions, not Evangeline's or Hugh's.

Option I:

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet travelled since her arrival at Hogwarts.

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.

Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.

Appothecaries were unacceptably proficient at checking forged order forms. He needed ingredients. All he wanted was a little Lobalug venom! He wanted to see how it would react with the expulsion solution he was inventing, or at least that’s what it seemed to be turning into. He wasn't sure what use it would have, or its applications, but it was something different at least.

He shook his head and chewed a little on his lower lip, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. How was he going to get into the ingredients cupboard without being caught and punished. Getting in to the cupboard was just the first issue. Then there was finding the venom. There was bound to be so many bottles.

No bouts of clumsyness. Oh! Perhaps he should create an anti-clumsiness potion!

“Alohamora” he tried the handle. Locked. “Sh…” he caught himself. He didn’t like to cuss. It wasn’t gentlemannly. He twiddled his wand around in his hand a little and thought some more. Raising it again he tried a few more spells, even one he had “created” - which of course did nothing -.

Finally he resorted to throwing himself at the door a little to try and get it to budge.

"H-h-hello?.....Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

He froze. It didn’t sound like a Professor. No, it wasn’t. The voice was too young. He ran a hand nervously through his hair and stowed away his wand.

“Hi” he answered tentatively, peering around the corner. “I’m afraid I havn’t seen an Em….wait”

Recognition dawned on his face. “Did you say Emma Birch?”

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have  on the site (current and previous): Do I have to list them all? Penelope Wynovain, Alysiana Wynovain, Trystan Blackwood, Isabelle F Oliveroot, Jenay Mariette Beauchamp, Lawrence Lavender, Clay Sbebbington et al

How did you find us?: Google…..60 million years ago
« Last Edit: 15/08/2018 at 18:35 by Calypso Ross »

* Ella Galanis

(15/08/2018 at 18:12)
  • Head of Ravenclaw
    • View Profile
Dear Mr Ptolemy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 1 September 2018. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies.

Yours sincerely,

Ella Galanis
Head of Ravenclaw
blackbird singing in the dead of night
take these broken wings and learn to fly
blackbird singing in the dead of night
take these sunken eyes and learn to see

Tags: