We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Audrey Greyson- Hogwarts Application  (Read 975 times)

audreygranger

(16/12/2016 at 21:22)
    • View Profile
Name: Audrey Greyson
Birthday: December 17, 2004
Hometown: London
Bloodline: Pureblood
Magical Strength: Charms
Magical Weakness: Divination
Year: One or two
Biography: I grew up as a wealthy girl in London. As a child, I was taught good work ethic from my teachers and parents (both of which are Hogwarts alumni.) All my life I worked hard in school, achieving nearly perfect marks and ending up at the top of my classes. In my 9th year of life, I suffered the death of my older sister. Peggy was one of the people who pushed my ahead, and would hold my hand for every step of my long journey to success. As you can imagine, I was devastated. I started to get bad marks in school. I began to have suicidal thoughts. About 6 months after her death, my father decided to have me try out for a local quittich team. I walked in with a horrid attitude.  The coach put me on their team as a seeker, because of my small frame. They taught me how to fly on a broomstick, and how to glide through the air effortlessly. I fell in love with the sport. It was that one thing that made me want to live. My marks soared through the roof, and I regained my spot at the top of my class. Ever since then, I have been successful in my studies. I speak publicly about making good choices, about finding that one thing to live for.
House Request: Ravenclaw
Personality: Very outgoing, big activist. On a good day, is very studious and invested in work. On a bad day, is a bit unfocused and easily distracted.
Appearance: Short, skinny. Brown hair and blue eyes, her being a bit different than the classic "brown hair, brown eyes" olive skin

The dungeons. A place eleven-year-old Evangeline had not yet travelled since her arrival at Hogwarts.

A place she really was just fine with not knowing; but it was too late. The dare had been accepted, even if it had been done in fear of being kicked out of Gryffindor, like the older girls had said she would because Gryffindors were supposed to be brave.

The air changed instantly when she hit the main corridor of the dungeons. The dampness was almost too much for her and she instinctively took a deep breath to avoid the sensation of being suffocated. There was also a sour burning smell which Evangeline assumed was from many, many Potions lessons.

Further and further she walked, her steps so slow and gentle they made no noise against the stone walls and floor. The feeling that she wasn't alone crept up her spine and raised the tiny hair on the back of her neck. Shivering, Evangeline wrapped her arms around herself. Suddenly, she missed the warmth and comfort of the Gryffindor common room. The fire was always going and it made her feel at ease.

Why had she let those girls talk her into this? She was only eleven, she didn't have to be brave. Surely the Headmistress would not kick her out of Hogwarts for not being brave.

If only she had these thoughts while being dared to search for the ghost of one Emma Birch, whom supposedly haunted the dungeons. It was not, Evangeline had learned, the place where the sixteen-year-old girl's life had ended but as she had been from the house with a snake as its mascot, it was the place her spirit had returned to. That common room was down here somewhere, she'd been told.

Something - the small blonde girl wasn't quite sure what - but something made her stop in her tracks suddenly. There was a low, dull thumping noise. Or maybe that was her heart beating so loudly she thought it was coming from outside her body.

"H-h-hello?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Remembering that she was supposed to be brave, Evangeline tried again.

"Hello! Is Emma Birch here?"

The sound of her own words bouncing back at her off the walls made her jump.

"It's alright." A girl said as she came out of the shadows. "You're safe. I'm Audrey."

Evangeline sighed with relief.

"I didn't mean to frighten you. Here, why don't I try to help you find what you're looking for?" Evangeline explained the dare. Audrey smiled and laughed.

"Oh, darling. That's not how things work around here. Being brave isn't just being unafraid, it's being courageous enough to try. They couldn't kick you off of Gryffindor for being afraid of something!" Audrey chuckled. "Go back up there and show them who the real Gryffindor is."

Evangeline explained that she had thought of that before, and smiled. She thanked Audrey, and trudged back up the steps.

I have no characters on this site.
I found this website by searching for Harry Potter/Hogwarts RPG games. I was bored, and I'm a really big Harry Potter fan. I love things like this, and look forward to continuing on this site.

Thank you for your time, I'll see you all soon!

* Anneka Ivanova

(26/12/2016 at 16:45)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Hi Audrey!

Thanks for your interest in our site. Before we can consider your application there are a few changes we'll need you to make.

Your username should make the name of your character. You can do this without creating a new account. All you need to do is fill out a helpdesk ticket, and we'll change it for you.

This RP takes place in the past. It's currently 1949, so Audrey can't have been born in 2004. She would have been born in December of 1937 to be the age of a first year student.

Please remove any references of suicide from your application. Our site rating is PG-13 and we take any mention of character's contemplating suicide seriously due to our younger members. If you want this to be included as part of her backstory, please PM an admin and we can discuss it further.

In your sample RP, you are controlling Evangeline's actions. This is called powerplaying and is against the rules. You can only control the actions of your own character. You should treat the sample the same as you would a real thread and pretend Evangeline will reply to you. She wouldn't be happy to discover someone else had made decisions about what her character would say or do.

Once you've made these changes, please post your entire revised application below and we'll take another look.

Thanks!
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity